Brexit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BlackBillBlake, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

The Remoaners are getting rather nasty now.
    Losers usually do!

Nigel Farage is pelted with MILKSHAKE on European election tour | Daily Mail Online

Nigel Farage vented fury at his security and 'radicalised Remainers' today after he was pelted with milkshake on his European election tour.

The Brexit Party leader was covered in the £5.25 Five Guys banana and salted caramel milkshake by a protester as he made the latest stop of his campaign in Newcastle.

Mr Farage was heard saying 'how did you not stop that?' as he was bustled away by security, and an individual was arrested and put in handcuffs by police.

He tweeted afterwards: 'Sadly some remainers have become radicalised, to the extent that normal campaigning is becoming impossible.'

Brexit minister James Cleverly immediately condemned the episode, insisting that people should debate rather than 'assault political opponents'.

Tony Blair branded the attack ‘horrible and ridiculous’, while Jo Cox's widower Brendan Cox said it normalised 'violence and intimidation'.

Downing Street said politicians had to be able to 'campaign without harassment, intimidation and abuse'.

Mr Farage joins the list of candidates who have fallen victim to a 'milkshaking', including Ukip's Carl Benjamin and ex-English Defence League leader Tommy Robinson.

Last week, police apparently ordered a McDonald's outlet near a Brexit Party campaign rally to stop selling milkshakes and ice cream.

Protesters are thought to have switched to using the drinks as a weapon as they are easier to carry than eggs without arousing suspicion.

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

^
    Has no time for answering any solid question but plenty of time to look up and paste biased articles :p

Driftrue likes this.
  3. Boozercruiser

That's another thing I like about you As.
    You know me so well!

AND......
    [​IMG]

4. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

At twelve years old you would have had no interest or understanding of world politics
    yeah we have all travelled How did that make you an expert at such a young age
    "We were signing up to the European project, that was understood by many in government and in the UK (myself included) but the right wing establishment prompted it purely as a trade agreement and the lie has stuck"

You thought that at Twelve ??.

5. Rots in hell

So When is this project going to finish expanding ?

6. Boozercruiser

Never is the answer Mal.
    Originally the project was just for a Common Market so goods could flow easily between countries.
    That morphed into the projects aim for a Superstate, with total and absolute rule and laws and way of life coming from Brussels.
    One push is for a European Army commanded from the EU Superstate.
    That is all potentially never ending, and I dread to where it would lead.
    Pretty gruesome and frightening thought really.
    And the remoaners want us to stay with THAT!
    No way Jose!

7. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

520C28AB-FF16-482C-A1A6-84B28ED69133.jpeg CABED018-D238-434D-8C6C-BCF8E0988BD8.jpeg

Dang, looks like I’m gonna add Burger King to my list of companies I’m boycotting for life.

8. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

On the subject of this "EU Army"

https://infacts.org/mythbusts/uk-wont-dragged-eu-army/

And yes, it's a pro-remain website. But notice the pro remainer can write an article clearly and concisely explaining why they think we won't be dragged into an EU army. If anyone wants to say this is untrue, I'd expect them to explain WHY it's untrue, equally clearly and concisely.

If the Leave side arguments made more sense to me than Remain, I would change my opinions. I don't see this as some war where I am on a side.. I am on the side of figuring out what makes the best world.

9. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Mal

Did you never talk about the world and politics at school or with your family – it was a big deal at the time.

And as I’ve said I went on to do reading and research on the subject and have travelled and lived in European countries.

Thing is that looking at your post’s it clear you seem to know little about the issues beyond slogans and soundbits so again I ask you if you cannot explain or defend you views form criticisms why do you hold them?

10. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

The European Project

I was a teenager at the time of the vote and I knew what the arguments were, yes there were those that promoted it purely as a trade agreement but many others realised this was entry into the ‘European project’. The problem was that it was mainly the right and the dominant right wing media that pushed the trade angle and after the neo-liberal dogma took hold in the 1980 amongst that group they became increasingly hostile to the EU as they saw it as holding back a full neo-liberal free market revolution.

The whole idea of the European project was for ‘ever closer union’ “It is found in the Preamble to the 1957 treaty that set up what became the EU [and] on at least six occasions the UK has signed up to it (firstly in becoming a member, and then agreeing to subsequent treaty changes)”

The European Army

A European integrated army has long been a dream of the European project, I mean the European project was about trying to stop the wars that have often plagued Europe through greater union and what better way than having one European army. It has often been discussed but hasn’t really moved beyond that. oh and the UK could veto any move toward it if it was a member.

11. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

WRONG

WRONG

12. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

The remainers here have explained their views and put up rational argument about why they think it is a bad thing to leave. They have confronted the seeming falsehoods put about by the leavers and presented valid criticisms of the leaver stance. They have been happy to reply to the leaver’s questions and address the criticism levelled at them.

On the leaver side we have had people that are willing to lie straight to your face. People that repeat propaganda slogans that they seem unwilling and unable to answer questions about let alone defend from criticism.

Imagine you were going to buy a car

You go to one person who has the cars current MOT, the log book, can answer all your questions about it, clearly and distinctly, lets you look at the engine and anything else and is happy to give you a test drive.

And then there is another seller who has none of the paperwork (can give them later after you buy ‘honest governor’) who refuses to answer any of your questions about it, will not allow you to look under the bonnet or check for rust, and says he doesn’t have the keys right now so can’t give you a test drive - but who keeps telling you very loudly that it’s a GREAT car, the BEST car, a great RUNNER’

Which car would you most likely buy?

Driftrue likes this.
  13. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

We are going around in circles AGAIN – the leavers here are just repeating the same slogans and soundbits over and over again of things that have already been covered and of which there are already outstanding criticisms.

Basically the leavers have nothing beyond false ideas and bluster, if they had anything more they would have produced it by now the fact that they haven’t means it does not exist.

There seems to be a lot of fear on the leaver side, fear of this, fear of that, and above all fear of the other – but there seems to be no rational reason for that fear.

And in my experience fearful people are the easiest to manipulate

14. Rots in hell

Still don't believe you
    Plus you are the one with all the fear or you would be happy to leave
    You lie about something so simple as your understanding of politics at the age of twelve ( where you stated that you understood better than half of parliament what the common market was going to turn into ) just to try prove a point but expect people to listen to your "proof" about other things ??

Still waiting for you to tell me where this "EU project " is going to end up

15. morrow

morrow Visitor

Balbus, you should be a politician.. you talk a lot of crap!
    I'm waiting for your big finish then lock your own post!
    I've not talked in here much because you dont give anyone a chance.. this is why we have a democratic country to allow people their say, and a majority result in elections! But you balbus are acting like your right... when in actual fact! The majority are leaving.. so it doesn't really matter what you say.. more want to leave.. your out voted.. so stop being a moaner and get used to the idea... mally has.
    I also was a teen when we entered the common market.. posters everywhere.. vote yes vote no.. but it wasnt spoken about in our house, we sure didnt watch it on TV.. lots of families in liverpool if they had TV only had 2 channels.
    As for discussion in schools, we were told we couldn't.. it wasnt politically correct ..
    So yeah, the posters were up, but no one was talking.
    There were lots talking about the outcome, but no one seemed to want in.. but it happened.
    Everyone has an opinion, but no one person is right.. its democratic, if enough of you vote, you win!

16. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Mal

Up to you, but I’m not lying and I have read up on the issues and lived in other European counties and I seem able to ask questions you seem unable to answer and present criticism of your ideas that you seem unable to address.

LOL please explain that doesn’t seem to make sense.

I’m not lying but you seem to want to choose to believe I’m lying.

I’d hope for a United States of Europe then it would be great to have a United States of the World.

17. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Morrow

OK let’s unpack this

So you think I am talking crap but the leavers don’t seem to be able to answer my questions or address my criticisms of the leavers ideas – if it so much crap shouldn’t they be able to do so?

It’s not my fault that you didn’t discuss these things with your family, friend or parents or at school (sound like a bad school that forbids discussion of important events).

So let’s see we had a democratic vote to go in to the EU and some right wingers campaigned over many years with the support of the wealthy elite that owned much of UK media to OVERTURN that democratic vote using lies and falsehoods. But you think we should honour that second vote even when the electoral commission thinks it was a corrupt election and would probably have re-run it if it had been an actual real vote not just a consulation?

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  18. Rots in hell

And there we have it ! Who would rule this magical kingdom China Russia Pakistan ?
    That one paragraph from you makes me realise more than anything else you have said here that ( certainly if there are more people think your way ) that leaving the EUproject is the absolute right thing to do !
    No need for any more of your stupid analogy's and biased web links

That's not something I would ever sign up for !!

19. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Mall

Oh what the fuck are you whittling on about?

And again I ask why?

And again you will not be able to present anything rational as to why.

And we end up going around again.

20. Boozercruiser

You win only if the political elite carry out and implement the democratic vote of 17.4 million people.
    Most MPs are remainer's, including useless Theresa May.

Only the likes of Nigel Farage can put these people to the sword and force them to implement Brexit.
    Start with voting for The Brexit Party on Thursday.
    I really cannot wait to see the result.

Labour?
    Tory?
    Greens?
    Lib Dems?
    Change UK.

Be afraid.
    Be very afraid.

I see The Bexit Party are going to screw the rest of them in Wales as well on Thursday.
    Bring it on!

Brexit party taking Wales by storm as Labour support HALVES - poll

A new YouGov poll has revealed the levels of support for each party in Wales, taken from 1,009 voters’ party preference from May 16 to 20. The figures are also compared with results from an earlier poll in April which asked who people would vote for in the European elections.

The results showed the Brexit Party stormed ahead by 36 percent, which is an increase of 26 percent since the earlier poll,

while Plaid Cymru came in at 19 percent, with a four percent increase.

Labour received a disappointing 15 percent, which was half of what it previously polled, followed by the Liberal Democrats at 10 percent, which was an increase of four percent from last time.

The Green Party received eight percent of the vote, which was up by five percent.

The Conservative saw a disappointing seven percent and UKIP received two percent of the vote, after they both dropped by nine percent,

Change UK got two percent too, which was six percent less than last time.

Last edited: May 21, 2019