Brexit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BlackBillBlake, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

So what did the Labour Party and Tory's learn from the partial local elections?

The big winners

The Green Party – a remain party

The Liberal Democrats – a remain party

The big losers

The Conservative Party - a leave party

The Labour Party - run at the moment by a leaver leadership

Well the answer if you are Corbyn or May is that people want to leave as soon as possible.

As I said before you couldn’t make this shit up.

So next step the European elections

The Conservative Party are not even campaigning for it but the Brexit Party run by that old con artist Nigel Farage is pushing hard to get the full Brexit vote.

On the other side is a half-hearted Labour Party (but only because of the leadership not the party supporters that are over 80% pro remain)

And then the full remain parties - The lib Dems and the Greens and now we have also Change UK

So we will get a two three or even four way split on the remain side.

That isn’t a good story.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    BlackBillBlake likes this.
  2. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

It isn't good that the Remain vote will be split, but I think it's probably inevitable. Change UK are really an unknown quantity. The Lib Dems have the problem that many people, myself included, will never trust them again after the coalition with the tories - without which I wonder if we'd ever have had a referendum on EU membership. They facilitated austerity, which has damaged millions of lives, and university tuition fees which is really blatant social engineering.

They lied big time in my constituency in 2010, saying that they were only slightly behind the tories which wasn't true, as labour actually came second by quite a large margin, And they said 'vote for us to keep the tories out'.
    Can't blame people for being less than enthusiastic about them now.

Which leaves the Greens - my choice - but I think that although they're going to mssively increase their vote it isn't going to be enough. Perhaps we'll pick up a few seats (which in itself would be a great thing) But I feel I have to vote for my principles, and forget 'tactical voting' which I don't see as a realistic possibility.

I think labour have fully blown it. Even if they were to change their tune now and go full on for Remain, I don't trust Corbyn with his quasi Stalinist nonsense, and I think that applies to millions of others.

Balbus likes this.
  3. new Athenian

new Athenian Members

Treason May is about to suffer an agonizing defeat precisely because she's been timid about carrying out the Brexit mandate delivered by British citizens. A good one half or more of the Tory Party are " remainers" some secretly and some quite openly. Treason May's objective has been to wear down the average citizen , dither it to death until such time in the future as the average citizen in Britain can no longer quite remember why they wanted to leave in the first place.

This is all a classic case of elitists clearly demonstrating their deeply held belief they alone know what's best for average citizens and must at all cost save every poor wretch from himself !

The best news I've heard is that Treason May will soon pack her bags. It remains to be seen in the parliamentary mess that ensues exactly who will replace her but at least I won't have to see this bald faced liar on TV every day deceiving the public with her clever delay tactics.

Most ludicrous statements of all is the absurd notion that somehow Britain cannot survive as a non-member of the back room board of pencil pushers in Brussels. A brief lesson in the glorious history of Britain which has stood since it was a province of the Roman Empire and then rose to world domination with the Union Jack flying the four corners of the Earth should cast some doubt in the minds of those who think she can't make it for she surely can and she will.

The most urgent business at hand though is casting Treason May into the ash heap of failed elitist politicians.

4. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

NA

Please read the thread and addres the criticism already outstanding rather than push more crap on us.

Which Brexit?

I’ve talked with many people that voted to leave nearly all of them had a different vision of what Brexit would mean many contradicted each other. The lie that people voted for a ‘hard brexit’ with all the economic and social pain that would cause wasn’t mentioned during the campaign what we got from the leavers was on the lines of the ‘having your cake and eating it’ theme of all the unicorns people were going to receive.

May could not deliver a ‘good’ Brexit because no good Brexit deal was as good as the one we already have.

And a good half of the citizens of the UK are remainers as well, many [leavers] having realised they were lied to by unscrupulous leavers.

Because of the corruption on the leave side that took place it is likely the vote would have been nullified by the electoral commission if it had been an actual binding vote rather than a consultative vote, instead all they could do was fine the leavers (the leavers didn’t appeal the judgement accepting their guilt).

Why did they want to leave? Many now realise that the things they were told that they should leave were lies pumped out by wealthy leavers and wealth owned newspapers.

You think the leavers are not the elite – do you know how rich the people are pushing for Brexit, do you think the owners of the newspapers, that pushed for leave like the Barclays bothers and Murdoch are ‘average citizens’ ?

Do you know when ‘average people’ got the vote in the UK?

And you honestly think the politicians that pushed for leaving are not bold face liars?

Jingoistic clap trap, in what way was slavery, imperialism and exploitation glorious? What history books have you read? Up until the middle 20th century the England that dominated Britain and later the empire was ruled by an the very elite you claim to dispise the same elite you would want back in control.

Do you know anything about the neoliberalism that many pushing leave would like to bring in?

But the whole leave idea that the main players are pushing for would favour the elite few and be detrimental to the majority.

Honestly the ignorace shown in your post is breathtaking.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    BlackBillBlake and Driftrue like this.
  5. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Let’s take a look at just two of the 'average (totally not elite) people' that head the leave campaign

Jacob Rees-Mogg – son of an editor of establishment newspaper The Times and later Lord Ress-Mogg – educated at Eton and Oxford.

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson (Boris Johnson) son of an Economic professor and a descendant of King George II – educated at Eton and Oxford and member there of the elitist Bullingdon Club.

Driftrue likes this.
  6. BlackBillBlake

I think that even when they hit the dole queues they'll still be blaming anyone but their fabulous Farage.

We live in country filled with half educated drips. Easily manipulated and easily fucked over by their own density.

Balbus likes this.
  7. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Bill

Thing is that there is no reason for people to be so ignorant these days, sometimes a few minutes of google research and contemplation would (or should I say should) make people revaluate what they seem to believe is ‘truth’.

You know at this point It makes me think this is wilful ignorance that they are intentionally keeping themselves unaware of things that might interfere with their prejudices.

8. BlackBillBlake

Unfortunately many people are simply not capable of doing any research of their own, or formulating their own opinions. They never take a moment to contemplate anything much. That's part of the reason that populism appeals to them. Simple answers for simple minds. Truth isn't the issue even.

But some may be wilfully ignorant as you suggest. Others seem to be just xenophobic racists.

Okiefreak and Balbus like this.
  9. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Different country, same pattern. Most of my friends here in Oklahoma are Trump supporters, and have other things in common: they pride themselves in avoiding the news (too upsetting) and when they do follow it, it's always on some right wing outlet like Fox or the Enquirer, which make no pretense about being objective. There's an expression in public opinion research and public choice theory: "rational ignorance"--the deliberate decision to remain ignorant about certain things so as not to complicate one's life, expend time and effort acquiring information, or interfere with other priorities like sports, entertainmnent, chasing women, making money, etc.; "refraining from acquiring knowledge when the cost of educating oneself on an issue exceeds the potential benefit that the knowledge would provide." Rational ignorance - Wikipedia Rational ignorance - RationalWiki Jamie Kirchick of the Brookings Institution remarks: “Everything Trump says makes sense when you just preface it with, ‘Donald from Queens, you’re on the air." ’”Donald Trump: Dumb Like a Fox, or Just Dumb? | National Review

10. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

No.
    Please don’t worry.
    It’s all good.
    Nigel Farage is more or less in charge of Brexit now, and all the other useless other party Brexit traitor assholes are pooing in their pants.
    Come on Nigel.
    My hero.
    Give it to the assholes with an enema.
    Just be very careful of the splashes folks!
    Lol!

11. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

And two of them are having a circle wank in this thread !!

12. Boozercruiser

I don't think insulting people on the forum like that helps the situation.
    One has to respect the other persons point of view.
    Brexit is a very emotive subject I know, but saying stuff like that about the opposing view here is uncalled for in my opinion.

Mind you.

Politicians are fair game! :smile:

13. Rots in hell

I was responding to a post that called leave voters half educated drops so I thought my response was spot on tbh !

14. Boozercruiser

Oh!
    Right.
    Sorry I didn't know that.
    How dare they!:grimacing:
    So what I should do now is second your emotions!
    :laughing::laughing::laughing:
    'And two of them are having a circle wank in this thread !!"

15. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Mal

But your contributions to this thread are a perfect example of what I’ve been trying to explain, what of any substance have you offered?

You post stuff but you always fail to defend it from criticism, I went back and looked and you do it over and over. You just seem to accept the misdirection’s and lies pumped out by the right wing leaver elites without question or thought, you given them a passive and blind acceptance.

You think you are an English lion but you come across as a supplicating puddle, following dutifully at the heels of an elite you claim to despise.

16. BlackBillBlake

As usual, resort to insult when you can't find any real argument in favour of your stance.

17. Rots in hell

Twas merely a response to your insulting everyone that doesn't agree with you and balbus is dim or stupid ! I hear it every post from the pair of you but that's ok because you "know shit " you get insults back and cry about it ???

18. Rots in hell

See above

19. Boozercruiser

I saw above Mall and that response seems very fair and objective to me.

20. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Mal

To repeat - Thing is that there is no reason for people to be so ignorant these days, sometimes a few minutes of google research and contemplation would (or should I say should) make people revaluate what they seem to believe is ‘truth’.

You have posted stuff that you seem unable to defend from criticism, have you never asked yourself why that happens?

To me just accepting what people say without question or thought is a stupid thing to do but people don’t have to carry on doing stupid things or believing in stupid things, they have the choice to become informed.

Last edited: May 15, 2019