Brexit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BlackBillBlake, Feb 19, 2016.

1. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

So you seriously believe that there will be £350 million a week extra for the health service if we crash out?

2. BlackBillBlake

It's all getting more and more like something out of Alice in Wonderland.

3. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

No

4. BlackBillBlake

So you were lied to before the referendum. Not like you claimed in your previous post.

5. Rots in hell

6. BlackBillBlake

Remember this? Sounds a little bit hollow now.

[​IMG]

7. BlackBillBlake

I'm not going to argue - it's obvious you were lied to about the extra cash for the NHS and no amount of denial can change that.

8. Rots in hell

Glad you see sense not to argue !
    They said we can chose what we spend it on !the NHS was one thing! remainders only have the bus to argue their case and a lot of heresay that's my view of things since you asked ! And no I am not in denial

9. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Lode

Yes because we started this with no clear idea of what it meant, what we were to do and on top of that the leavers were very happy to lie to the voters.

Well, all the pain would come from going through with any form of Brexit, the least painful option would be to just ask for our Article 50 letter back and try and forget the last three years.

Anything that happened in Brexit stays in Brexit – so let’s move on and pretend it never happened.

To paraphrase something I posted earlier -

Imagine a couple where the husband has constantly been putting down his wife for years and she has carried on for the sake of the children. Then one day he turns around and says he wants a divorce so he can go and have sex with other women.

But he wants to carry on having sex with her and wants to carry on living in their house but not pay the mortgage anymore.

He then becomes very annoyed then angry when her lawyer informs him that sex with her is just not going to happen, that all the property has to be shared out equally and she is getting custody of the kids.

Such guys are usually too proud to beg to be taken back

Instead they usually end up friendless, single, living in a mouldy bedsit in Dagenham and drinking half a bottle of scotch a night while mumbling ‘the bitch’ every once and awhile.

10. BlackBillBlake

Clearly the bus ad was meant to give the false impression to voters that there would be 350 million per week extra for the NHS. No amount of nonsense talk will change that.

How about Fox's spurious claims? They true too? 'Easiest trade deal in human history'? Doesn't look that way now. I think you have been lied to.

11. lode

lode Banned

I don't disagree with you. Of course the best option is to just forget about this whole thing or hold another vote.

But what do you do when your kid threatens to hold their breath 'til they get a toy? It seems like the UK is an a hostage situation with itself over the Brexit deal.

Asmodean likes this.
  12. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Mal

Well that presumes there would be a Brexit dividend and that is seeming very unlikely – but first the figure on the bus was incorrect it didn’t take into account our rebate and the money paid to the UK and also people pay into such clubs because they get something out of it – in this one benefit is free trade within Europe.

Also you say the remainers only have a lot of hearsay but what have the leavers got form before the referendum they don’t seem to have had a clue and the only plan seems to have been to lie through their teeth.

13. Rots in hell

He said it "should " did you miss that out on purpose ? the fact that it isnt can only be laid at the feet of the negotiators how does it show we have been lied to !

14. Rots in hell

Are you saying the eu have been fucking with us for years ?

15. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

lode

Not sure who is the kid, the parent or the toy in that scenario -

Thing is that in Britain and especially in England we have been spoon fed for at least the last hundred years a jingoistic history of Britain from Agincourt, the benevolent worldwide empire to our plucky stand against Hitler taking in our great culture and on to our groovy popular music. Then add onto that some 30 years of the neoliberal press and media dripping poison into our ear about EU red tape and Brussels bureaucrats and then add to that austerity and political disillusionment and what do you get.

You get us in Brexit hell

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    etherea and BlackBillBlake like this.
  16. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Mal

What the fuck are you on about?

17. Rots in hell

Your stupid post !
    I am at work at the moment and can only spend so much time on here but you know what you said

18. BlackBillBlake

Yes - the UK negotiators have utterly failed.Just made the UK look rather silly and pathetic to the rest of the world.

No I didn't miss out 'should' intentionally. Fox didn't have a clue what he was talking about, as reality has shown since he made his foolish comments. Another incompetent dick not fit for office.

19. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Mal

I know what I said and I know what you said and again - What the fuck are you on about?

20. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Bill

I agree with you about that in relation to the politicians involved in it, I feel sorry for many of the civil servants who were basically told to spin gold from a bowl of shit.

It seems to me that there never could be a better deal than the one we have now.

BlackBillBlake likes this.
  21. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I really wish you would take more time for your posts on matters like this. Understand that you don't have it at this moment, since your at work. But because you always touch on these matters without in depth argumentation it really comes across as superficial.
    So please understand, im not calling you(r thoughts on brexit) superficial, I'm just saying it often comes across as such because you state things, then leave it at that (which when you're at work is of course understandable, but not an excuse for every other moment).