Brexit – The Death of a Unicorn

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Balbus, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

George Parker – Financial Times (a right wing paper)

To recap, Britain's new EU border in numbers: £7bn in new red tape; 215m extra forms; 50,000 new form-fillers; worst-case 7,000-truck queues; £77m for emergency ferries; 10 new inland customs sites; four lorry parks; £300 fines for HGV drivers entering Kent without "passport"

Leavers told us to wait and see

Those who wanted us to remain have waited and we are seeing and we are saying – we told you so

2. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Calling all remainers - are you feeling like you are ‘winning’ yet?

I mean have you noticed nobody that pushed for Brexit seems to be able to point to any tangible real world benefits – everything about the Brexit process seems to have turned negative – I mean hand on heart leavers - can you put forward any benefits – anything

The supposed project fear has turned out to be reality while the leaver’s promises have turn out to be so much dead unicorn

And I wonder if any of you will have the decency to apologise for fucking up our country

3. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

You should retitle your thread.

Brexit, Death of a Dinosaur, a big nasty one that eats whole countries for breakfast.

Balbus likes this.
  4. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members