Breaking your limits

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by Autentique, May 29, 2004.

1. Autentique

Autentique wonderfabulastic

Have you ever broken your own limits?? If you do set limits for yourself. Like no I won't try this, or today I won't take any drugs, or in this period of time, or if they offer I say no. Any kind of limits related to drug use.

Don't you think this is a sign that you're starting to have a problem of having control over drugs??

2. Jetblack

Jetblack Senior Member

ya, i said i would never do coke,meth or H, i ended up doing coke :( but luckily im one of the few that didnt get addicted to it..thank god

3. crackforkids

crackforkids Senior Member

some things are supposed to do that tho, bring you past your limit.

4. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

I had a problem with coke, well prolly still have I guess (using NA's defeatist approach). I did it too much, it affected me, I did stuff I am not proud of, and then I gave it up. I still get cravings, though they are managable, And i will never, never touch the stuff again.

5. Ediction421

Ediction421 Member

I only meant to smoke weed for maybe a few months or a year or so...

6. Style

Style Member

I said id never do coke, speed, or heroin. and ive held true to those, unless high does of vicodin count for H, and mdma counts as speed.

7. Autentique

When I first started using drugs, I just would smoke weed. Always said to me no chemicals, no chemicals.

Then I tried E, wich I don't regret trying, before trying it I use to say I would never do, so this was the one that kinda made me change my perspective that It's sort of ok to try. After this I have like this list of things I wanna do : Shrooms, LSD, K.

And recently I just tried coke, I actually didn't think it was anything special, I mean the feeling it gave me, wasn't for me. But that's the drug that most of my friends do, so I know I'm gonna end up doing it again, that is only If I want.. they are not really the kind that puts pressure on you, well only one of them has some kind of pressure.

But trying this didn't make me feel like I'm contradicting myself, but if I do it again, I think I will.

8. MeatWagon499

MeatWagon499 Senior Member

i said id never do any hard drugs, but i did speed once. it wasnt that great really, iduno why people get addicted to it other then just doing more when you come off it. id rather be relaxed on weed then all hyper and annoying any day.

9. Autentique

But isn't breaking your limits a sign you're starting or have a drug problem?

10. madboy139

madboy139 Member

"one of the few who didn't get addicted"

most poople who try illegal drugs don't get addicted. the highest addiction rate for any illegal drug is methamphetamine which has a 33% addiction rate. with coke at 17% you're part of the MAJORITY of people who didn't get addicted.

11. unorthodox

unorthodox Member

I always swore i would never ever touch E now i take it all the time lol.

12. mssunshine

mssunshine Member

I think everyone at one point or another has said they would never try so and so...or never let so and so get out of control. But chances are if you hang with people who do, you most likely will end up doing it too.

I tend to think that ALL drugs are just like smoking cigarettes. Usually when you first take up smoking, it isnt pleasurable, your hacking up a lung, your body is fighting against it coming in. I think the first time you do drugs, its kinda like that. The only drug that I ever loved right off the bat was shrooms. The rest all took some slow progression to get into since for me, I know you can do a little and then ease your way up to more of any substance slowly until you get the desired effect you want and not have a bad trip or time doing it.

I dont know. Just my thoughts on it.

I think when your drug use goes from recreational to obsessing and not being able to function in the rest of your life cuz of it, then you perhaps have a problem going on.

13. NitrousBum

NitrousBum Member

Big time. At first I was just going to try MJ and shrooms. Now I still stay away from really addictive stuff, but I'm kinda interseted in trying PCP. lol

14. trippytrippy

trippytrippy Member

i dont know if i would say that letting go is the sign of a drug problem all the time but in some cases i think that it could be. in my case there have been times that i have gone weeks doing lots of hard drugs and i still could control myself its all about knowing yourself and your own limits.

15. Purple Haze

Purple Haze Member

yeah I do it all the time and always end up breaking them...that's why I don't set up any limits anymore...I find no use..I always end up breaking them......this could be a sign of addiction...maybe not...maybe your just trying to avoid addiction and that's why you set yourself limits...

in my case I I'm not addicted to drugs, I just really like them...