Breaking News Friday 25th August 2019

Discussion in 'U.K. Politics' started by Vladimir Illich, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  2. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

I will add links as they arrive Vlad.

3. Creamy Goodness

Creamy Goodness Banned

Ten fire engines and around 70 firefighters were called to reports of a fire on a balcony at a block of flats in Darfield Way in Notting Hill.

A balcony on the 12th floor was alight. Crews are speaking to residents in the building to reassure them. There are no reports of any injuries.

The Brigade's 999 control officers took 27 calls to the incident.

The Brigade was called at 1139 and the fire was under control by 1255 but crews will remain on scene this afternoon. Fire crews from North Kensington, Kensington, Fulham, Park Royal, Chelsea, West Hampstead, Soho, Hammersmith and Chiswick fire stations attended the scene.

The cause of the fire is under investigation.

4. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

The Met Police has said officers are assisting at the scene. There are no reports of any injuries.
    Samantha Findley, 41, who lives in the flats, said she smelled what she thought was burning plastic in the tower block and immediately left her home on the 10th floor.

"I smelled it," she said. "I thought 'let me get out, I'm out'. I grabbed my keys, my phone. I'm out. I'm not seeing where it is or anything. I'm out.
    "I was concerned. I was very fearful."

The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea said it had opened up a community hall at nearby Frinstead House, offering supplies such as water and nappies to residents.

5. morrow

morrow Visitor