breakin up

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by morningsong347, Aug 23, 2005.

1. morningsong347

morningsong347 Member

so i've been with my boyfriend for 4 years and i'm done. cept i haven't broken anything off yet. i'm a procrastinator to the fullest. i know i want to move on with my life and i want different things than what i thought i wanted 4 years ago.
    i'm not afraid of leavin the comfort, i'm more afraid of breaking his heart. i just don't know how to go about it. i keep makin plans with him... so i just keep procrastinating, which i know is bad.. i feel i can't just sit down with him and say it's over.
    my relationship before him lasted 3 yrs, but i was of course younger and knew i could not spend the rest of my days with him. and we had less in common.
    and my current has 3 kids who i care about, which makes it that much harder.

i know i should be able to just do it, but it's sooooo hard... any suggestions?

2. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

its pretty obvious that you have to be honest with him. You cannot stick around in a relationship where you feel trapped. Things change, people change and moving on is the best thing to do. I understand you dont want to hurt your boyfriend, but you'll hurt him more if you are not honest with him and tell him your reasons to finish with him and explain your need to find your own way.

sit yourselves down, look at him in the eye and tell him exactly how you feel. It is hard to be honest, especially knowing that you'll break someone's heart, but you cant be in a relationship which doesnt allow you to grow as a person, you are the one that calls the shots now..so i think its best to talk to him, however hard it might be, it wont be in the end. you'll feel so much better, knowing that you're being sincere about your feelings and you will be able to find what you're looking for.

i wish you the best of luck ;)

3. gdhmomchild

gdhmomchild Duct tape abuser

Its a bitch when you still love someone but aren't in love anymore. Just be gentle and tell him what you told us. Its obvious you still care alot about him, just fell outta love at some point.