Break up bud?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Zampino, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Zampino

Zampino Member

If you buy stuff when it's just buds, do you think that it is good to break up before you load it in your pipe or bong or jay? What if so, for what reason?

2. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

Umm.. you need to break it up to roll it, otherwise it won't work, period.
    You can break it up when you put it in a pipe, the theory is that because it's looser you can take larger hits, but because it's looser the bowl will be 'kicked' quicker. I like to break up my weed before i put it in a bowl if its some middies, but if i get some nuglets i leave them whole (just the act of smoking some bomb assed nuglets is half the fun).

3. Bob_Bong

Bob_Bong Member

My Bud Buster.

always used if possible, otherwise...skizzors

4. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

the only place ive ever seen or heard of putting whole nugs into a bong or pipe is on half baked, and by americans on the internet.

5. NoVictimNoCrime

NoVictimNoCrime -

the reason its good to break up the buds is to increse the surface area so you get bigger hits. you can just break it up with your fingers if you want but make sure to take out the stems and seeds and all that crazy stuff!

6. BudBomb7

BudBomb7 Member

i usually break it up somewhat to make sure there is no seeds and to break off the stems. i use a grinder for joints because the joint would run if you just put a bunch of nugs in there. if im trying to smoke quick then ill usually just throw a medium nug in the bowl and toke and when it starts tasting cached then i use a paper clip to split open the nug to get fresh hits.

7. Sheebs

Sheebs Member

hahaha sometimes when im bored i break up my weed

8. Swat30

Swat30 Member

hey im an american and ive NEVER ONCE just smoked a nug....i ALWAYS break it up ;)

9. volatileBunny

volatileBunny Member

This forum is surprisingly racist, anyone else noticed that? Not in the hateful kinda way, just like "europe weed this" or "in america that"...

I live in America and I don't think I've ever seen anyone that habitually doesn't break up weed. Not that it's wrong or anything, just saying...

Personally I like "chunks", if it's too fine then the hits are too big to take, and if the pieces are too small, you have to try harder to get a hit. It also depends on the consistency of the pot. Some pot will roll way easier, so there's no reason to break it up I guess. If you can get it to roll that's always convinient! (Nothing like those times when the pipe gets like 10 rolling hits...)

10. TeaWithATwist

TeaWithATwist Banned

I wouldn't call that racist, just stereotyping people. I do know what you mean, though. You know Bill, I'm sure people smoke whole buds in Australia too.

For joints I like bud ground up, for bowls just broken up is nice. A straight nug doesn't burn as evenly as a bowl of broken up bud does in my opinion.

11. iriegirl420

iriegirl420 Member

yeah, common sense suggests breaking up a nug if you are going to roll a joint with it, damn, I wish I could afford to roll joints with dank!! Sometimes we break up nugs for bowls, sometimes no, depends of if it's a quickie bowl before we walk out the door, or a bowl mid-session with friends

12. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

notice that i didnt say 'americans are the only ones who dont break up their nugs'

i merely stated my observation, which was that the only people ive heard of who smoke plain nug are american.

anyway, the world is allowed to be dickhead to american culture or stereotype.

13. TheJolta

TheJolta Member

....anyways....

I assume the people who don't know to break up their nugs are the less experienced ones. I like to rip off tiny pieces of nug roll it into a ball and put it in the bowl multiple times.

14. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

well.... normally i dont roll nug joints, they waste your bud by continually burning. When i smoke my nug out of my pipes, i usually just stick a chunk in there, broken up or not, it dont matter to me

15. blckra1n

blckra1n Member

it burns better when you break it up....

16. blckra1n

blckra1n Member

I am an american, and I and everyone else i know break up our weed around these parts... unless the person is dumb