Bradley Manning sentenced to 35 years in Wikileaks case

Discussion in 'Politics' started by odonII, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Sig

Sig Senior Member

I sincerely doubt anything will happen to him if he isn't segregated right away. Military prisons are a lot more regimented, believe it or not, that your standard prisons and discipline is, for all intents and purposes, hammered into the inmates. Bear in mind that every inmate in a military prison is still a member of the military and, as such, are subject to the UCMJ.

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

I lold..

not u sig,..

the update.

3. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Yeah, I just had to chuckle and shake my head as well.

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

BM shes cuter than Kristen Beck .. lulz.

5. Summerhill

Summerhill Member

Is there a Military She-wing available to Chelsea ?

6. Sig

Sig Senior Member

I suspect he'll have to wait until he paroled or released to begin his "treatment".

7. Sig

Sig Senior Member

8. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Bradley Manning deserves the Nobel Peace Prize and a full pardon from President Obama. Manning told the truth about a criminal government way of operating around the world and here at home. There are plenty of others in the armed forces who deserve to sit in prison, in Manning's place.

9. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

:2thumbsup:

10. driftwood_74

driftwood_74 Level 88

Sig, you may now have to rethink this position...

11. Sig

Sig Senior Member

I don't think so. Wanting to be or, at the very least, live as a woman doesn't change the fact that he is male.

12. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

He is a brainwashed military man who supports a corrupt government. He'll remain blind till the day he dies.

13. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

35 years is a really long time.

I saw some replies elsewhere stating he should be shot by firing squad.

If given the death penalty, we would all be forced to consider this crime & punishment more closely, because Manning will be jailed, opposition seems muted & people move on.

In my book, anything over 20 years seem cruel & unusual punishment and the death penalty seems the lesser evil, just me though

14. MattyDigs

MattyDigs Member

I initially was in strong support of this kid but after reading up on the facts, I have some very real doubts. The information he stole, was over 700,000 pages worth. He didn't even read it all. He just released it to the internet. How can I prove this? Well,it's obvious. A. Because he didn't have the time to do that and anyone around him would have noticed he was holed up for months reading documents (lol) but more importantly B. If you look into it, a lot of it has nothing to do with whistle-blowing or anything like that. It's sensitive information that had no business being put out there like that. If he had scoured over all 700,000 pages and only released the parts pertinent to the war crimes of the us gov't then I could get behind this. As is, I can't condone or support what he did. Given this information, I feel like any reasonable person would have to agree.

15. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That ought to keep him tied up for a while.

16. skitzo child

skitzo child PEACEFUL LIBRA

Fucking traitor deserves to die

17. Zzap

Zzap Member

yep and dont we find it strange that clinton sold nuke designs to china and dubya trumped it by putting them on the dc web site!

Well I suppose the laws were not made for government, just everyone else.

18. cosmoc

cosmoc Guest

Exactly, more people will do the same as he did unless there are severe consequences to doing it.

My personal opinion is that he showed moral integrity and the true criminals are the ones he exposed.

19. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

You can be quite hateful at times, buddy. Just sayin.

Very extreme...

20. MattyDigs

MattyDigs Member

Sorry for the rez but due to the overwhelming blind support of this kid on here I think this is important. Note how people just ignore that he put scores of innocent lives at risk with his callous recklessness. Just to recap: 700,000 pages of sensitive info that could and prob did get many innocent people killed, very few of those pages had to do with US crimes. He dumps all of it without even looking at it onto the internet. He's a fucking asshole (that's putting it nicely) and is lucky he wasn't sentenced to death. Then you have the audacity to say he had some sort of moral integrity? You want to about brainwashed? Brainwashed is anyone who would defend that kind of action. Fuck Bradley Manning. Take him off your avatar. Unless you support the murder of innocent people, then by all means keep that bitch up. I am by no means a gov't supporter but I will never support such a horribly reckless action.

I really feel terrible for the state of this country when so many people lack the wherewithal to conduct proper research and then review that research with individual unbiased rational critical thought.