boyfriends are worthless

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by puffie, Jan 20, 2005.

1. redresonant

redresonant Member

ya like me !!

2. lawngirl

lawngirl Member

awww, you're awesome. :D

3. thecoyote

thecoyote Member

You do need to talk to him, but at this point he is probably deaf to whatever you are going to say to him and take it as bitching. If he is spending that much time away from home, it is because he does not prefer to be there, and is only there because he has to be. If you did not have a child, I would say ditch him, in this case, its more complicated, because you have to talk with him and guys don't want to listen, right or wrong for that matter, if they feel as if they are detached from you.
    Since this is the interent I will be a little more personal since it is impersonal. I do not know the circumstances, and I may be completely wrong, but if you have not been sleeping with him that may be why he does not want to be around. If you are still attracted to him that way, try seducing him to keep him around more often.
    Thats just my opinion though, and I don't know all the details.... good luck in the long run.

4. VWHippieBus

VWHippieBus Member

It's fine having time alone or going out with your friends, but if he can do it several nights a week, then you should be able to also. I know its hard because you have a child together but you have to talk to him and tell him how you feel. It's not right for him to leave you with the baby all the time. Go out with your friends and see how he feels.

5. David54

David54 Member

Er... Looked more like venting than asking for advice. These were probably typed towards the peak of anger. Notice the not-subtle gender role complaint at the end. Not being enough of a provider, aye? So what do you look for in a man?

6. lawngirl

lawngirl Member

um, she said that he hasn't had a real job in three years, not that she is expecting him to be the sole provider.

it sounds more like she just wants him to contribute in some way (not necessarily financially -- her stronger point was that he isn't there in any form); he's sleeps all day and stays out most nights, so he's not contributing his time to the family. there's a difference between being 'The Provider' and simply contributing every now and again.