Boycotting the Olympics does not make any sense

Discussion in 'Protest' started by HARRYJIN, Mar 20, 2008.

1. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

2. gardener

If you really wanted the world to change their opinion of your government, why all the police actions surrounding these supposedly free and open games? Holding the Olympics in China was a big mistake, and your government has proven that.

What about the forcible displacement of Chinese citizens in order for you to hold your glorious venue?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/jun/06/sport.china
    http://www.opendemocracy.net/arts-photography/hutong_destruction_3632.jsp
    http://www.cohre.org/view_page.php?page_id=278
    http://preciousmetal.wordpress.com/2008/02/17/2-million-displaced-by-beijing-olympics-40000-jailed/

3. pineapple08

pineapple08 Members

Sorry I never mentioned the DL. I am no supporter of the DL by the way. Nore am I a supporter of the Chinese Communist party.

4. Whiskers123

Whiskers123 Member

5. gardener

Well our very popular :rolleyes: president plans on attending, even though he has called for improvements in Chinese human rights. But then he's never been famous for putting his money where his mouth is.

I hope San Francisco remains true to their activist past and something great planned for that leg of the torch relay. But perhaps China has bought and paid for some thugs to tharwt any demonstrations. Afterall they aren't free to express their displeasure with their government or society, so why should we be.

6. gardener

Hey Concor I posted a list of Native Americans who have held office in our government, how about a list from you of all the Tibetans who have held high political office in China. Got one?

7. TurquoiseRose

TurquoiseRose Member

I say free China too...& America too!! Free us all from our deceiving governments. Let us recognize the lies are not done by our peoples but our governments!

CAN WE NOT AGREE? All our disagreements only detour us from our agreements & holy unity! ONENESS!! We need each other people.

We can ALL agree killing for a stupid concept (minimal to life) is ridiculous!

The killing of American natives is wrong, the killing of the Iraqi people is wrong, the killing of Tibetans is wrong. ALL WRONG.

It is silly & pointless to be arguing about who's government is worse! Are we our governments? Hell no. It is the thirst for power & greed that has built this tower of evil in our governments.

I say turn away from them altogether! FUCK NATIONALISM. (Excuse my language, but I am passionate.)

They are unhuman to seek the powers only second to God. They are not that big!! But we are!! So dissent.

I say hurray Chinese PEOPLE! I love them! I say hurray Tibetan PEOPLE! I love them! I say, I hate all these governments (especially ours), but I say hurray American PEOPLE!

Please do not fight everyone. If you fight for anything, fight for the common ground, amongst the people, not the power.

C'mon! Do we not share hearts that beat & blood of red??? Do we not share the same pains, the same joys, & really the same life journey?? All this culture is just a disguise, a beautiful one, but one no less.

So I say Chinese people & American people (& ultimately all people) UNITE! Unite against the common evil! Unite without the compromising of the self but in the understanding of oneness in individuality!

I hope someone reads this because people usually skip over longer posts....

I just love all these people of all these "nations" & they are all fighting over stupid shit & it's going down again right here on this forum. Don't let your ideas be a division, but an addition!

8. TurquoiseRose

TurquoiseRose Member

& it's idiot stuff they're GOVERNMENTS did that people are fighting over. But we already know our gov.s are all corrupt.

Unbelievable!

9. HARRYJIN

HARRYJIN Member

Now I come back to this thread. And after see the pictures that the western media used for accusing Tibet issue I know your people are cheated by your newspapers or TV,or anything else. They lies,they hide the facts and you are fucked by them,pls see below:

http://thegreatbelow.blogbus.com/logs/17313978.html

I know most people here can not read Chinese,but it doesn't matter as all the pictures has English notes.Just take a look and comment.

Your media is the most biased one I 've ever seen.They are shit!

10. gardener

You'll have to post something besides a blog. So now it's the entire western world that has it wrong.

And if the entire western world is shit, then you won't mind us giving your olympic party a pass.

11. HARRYJIN

HARRYJIN Member

Where we post the truth is not important at all,important thing is that's the truth.And if you want the other links I can show you more.

And till now only the German media acknowledged they faked something and apologized to us.Others are continuing their dirty deeds.

Also I did not mean all western world is shit as I did see some French or American media report the facts in Tibet.At least they did not take the pictures from another country and frame a case against China.

12. HARRYJIN

HARRYJIN Member

Germany's N-TV's apology:

N-TV said that a still photograph and a video sequence shown on March 20 in a report about Tibet had in fact been taken in Nepal. It said editors had noticed the error and subsequently replaced the images.

"We are extremely sorry," an N-TV spokesman said in Cologne.
    Germany's RTV's apology:

"It's true that amid our detailed reporting on the Tibet conflict, there was one case where a picture was displayed in the wrong context.

"The picture actually shows security forces in Nepal. It was taken on March 17 in the capital Kathmandu while Nepalese security forces were responding with truncheons to demonstrators protesting against Chinese policies in Tibet.

"We erroneously created the impression that the scene was of the unrest in Tibet and showed Chinese security forces.

"We apologize for this error, while pointing out that RTLaktuell.de reports without bias," the news site said.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Germans said it's editor's mistakes(it's funny),but at least they admitted they made a mistake.CNN lied and does not feel any shame.

13. gardener

Perhaps you'd like to explain this?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/2008-03-21-china-broadcasts_N.htm

I don't think this picture was misrepresented in 1989.

[​IMG]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/june/4/newsid_2496000/2496277.stm

14. HARRYJIN

HARRYJIN Member

I don't think the picture is true......or at least I will doubt.

Your media have faked so many things on Tibet issue,they have already lost their credit.And I understand why you people are so unsatisfied with China since you are always misguided by such a shit media.That's also why I raised the issue you should come to China and see what is really happenning here.

Anyway it's useless to argue more,and if you want I can show you plenty of pictures of prisoner abuse you American sodiers did.You are not even better but you enjoy blaming others.

Btw,your government is afraid of boycotting the Olympics simply because they do not want to displease us,but some of your officials will bluff and pretend to be just and gain some support from you,but will do nothing significant to harm us. They are playing games with you...

15. def zeppelin

def zeppelin All connected

If the Dalai Lama doesn't want a protest then neither do I.

16. gardener

I watched the Tianamen Square news live. I saw the paper mache statue of liberty shortly before Chinese military brought in tanks and started shooting un armed protesters. Every news station in the free world was inspired by the protest and carried the footage live.

I wouldn't come to China if you paid me. I value freedom and the minute my feet touched ground there I would be allowing your government to control my actions.

My government is afraid of protesting your olympics. But they do not purchase the goods advertised during the broadcast of said olympics. The average consumer does. So if I don't watch or buy, someone loses money.

17. HARRYJIN

HARRYJIN Member

You guys are just biased.....

I posted the thread and stated my point, then you questioned me and talked about Tibet,and I didin¡¯t think your information about Tibet is true just because I don¡¯t believe our government is so foolish----sent the troops to Tibet and killed people there and made everybody focus on us and blame us.Obviusly they are not so stupid.

So I tried to get the truth, and some student found that your media used the fake pictures,then we protested the western media,finally a media came on and apologized to us and all were clear.

Your media tried their best to get the proof to show that our government were killing people there,but could not find one,so they used the pictures from Nepal,they simply forgot that the internet is too powerful in nowdays and it¡¯s easy for us to find the pictures¡¯ origin.

Then I thought I got what I needed and came back to this thread to prove my point.it¡¯s more than 20 days ,That¡¯s the way I¡¯ve always done.

But you guys did not even think more or doubted if what you knew about China was true,or blamed your fucking media after I told you the truth.,but responsed quickly by showing me another picture or talking about Tiananmeng square.That¡¯s the way you¡¯ve always done---beat around the bush and choose to be blind.

One of the most famous TV stations in your country lies,which undeniably demonstrated one thing:all your newspapers,TV stations and any other media have great suspicion to fake and create whatever news they need to misguide you.You should boycott them.

18. rachelw

rachelw Member

Pls come to China, and use you own eyes to see what real China is.
    If you have been to China, I think you will not have so much bias.

As for some Americans say that Chinese things are junk. yes, maybe part of this is true. but do you know why? I am doing business with U.S, when we quote the right price with high quality products, they squeece the price again and again. Price=products value. They know what their market is. What price range their target market can afford in U.S. So who cause the junk? Do you think you pay $1 and can buy $10 value stuff? Georage Armani even having sth made in China, but you know the cost will be totally differenct compared with the so called junks. Eveything has two sides, so pls be mutual understanding.

We, chinese donot hate United States and Americans, because we know you do not know much of us. For example, we are not all communist party members, in China, they are only a very very small population.

19. TurquoiseRose

TurquoiseRose Member

Ah, I see no one read my post. Enjoy your arguing.

& rachelw, we (or at least I) know the Chinese are good people. They are trying to feed their families, love, live. There is no opposition to them by me, only to their government & their corporates. Same with Americans, not the people, the government & corporates.

20. Raffaele

Raffaele Member

Since we should free Tibet
    Shall we also free those former Mexican territory in west United States, Ha?