Boycott Bottled Water

Discussion in 'Boycott' started by Sgt.Peppermint, Jan 19, 2008.

1. RageUnderground

RageUnderground Member

2. Kadadaci

Kadadaci Member

Bottled water, hmm, bottled water. let me tell you something about my reaction to bottled water, it makes me feel sick. its horrible. you can feel the raucous volume of it inside your stomach gastrically brewing into something, and its horrible. i hate it. boycott evian. and probably the rest.

3. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

Why not collect your own rain water? Common practice in Oz.

4. polecat

polecat Weerd

5. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Bottled water is no better than tap water. get yourself a filter. Don't pay for something that is a basic human right.

6. BigCityHillbilly

BigCityHillbilly Member

If the label on the bottle says that the water is "distilled," it can only mean one of two things ... a) the water is cleaner and better than ordinary tap water, or b) the company is lying and the water isn't really distilled.
    --------
    http://jewishracism.blogspot.com/2009/07/jewish-year-6000-hungarian-rabbi-told.html

< "I do not ever recall ever having asked my readers to help me publicize my articles, but in this instance, I ask your help in disseminating these facts, upon which knowledge the survival of the human race depends. The Jews plan to kill off humanity in this century. They view it as their religious duty. The six-pointed Jewish Star of David is itself a reminder to the Jews that they must destroy the World after six thousand years so that it can rest for one thousand years.

< The Jews had the power to found the nation of Israel in the specific year 1948 in order to comply with their prophecies. The Jews had the power to attack us on 9/11/2001 within one week of their start date for the end of time, and to provoke Muslims and Christians to kill each other off. The Jews, who control the nuclear arsenals of the World, have the power to kill us off. We must stop the Jews, or the human race is doomed to die out in the near future."

7. BigCityHillbilly

BigCityHillbilly Member

I try not to drink ordinary tap water because the stuff has been poisoned with all sorts of chemicals such as chlorine and fluoride and God knows what else. I've read that fluoride is actually an industrial waste by-product which is sold to municipalities by unscrupulous companies who are looking to make a profit by selling something which they normally would have to dispose of. IMO, we would all be much better off if they didn't put all of that crap into the water supply to begin with. It could be that bottled water sucks, but I don't see how it can be any worse than tap water.
    ----
    Please stop sending your children to the Middle East so that they can slaughter Arabs for the greater good of the racist apartheid state of Israel !
    http://jewishracism.blogspot.com/2009/07/jewish-year-6000-hungarian-rabbi-told.html

8. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

I kind of have to drink bottled water, I live in China.

Been to a developing country children?

Have fun trying to drink Chinese tap water.

9. floes

floes Senior Member

1 gallon of clean water is 1.50$ 1 leiter of aquafina is like 1.80$

you guys act like its alot of money. i love bottled water, nothing beats it. crisp clean water its so worth every penny.

10. ibakebread1026

ibakebread1026 Member

why not all bottled drinks?

11. ibakebread1026

ibakebread1026 Member

Most bottled water comes from the tap!

12. Dave_techie

Dave_techie I call Sheniangans

Live in the desert for awhile, and then tell me about what water should, and shouldn't do.

Gotta say, you sound like a spoiled entitled brat when you say "WATER SHOULD BE FREE!"

Frankly, lotta people die every year from diseases stemming from not having clean water. THAT is an issue.

get a BPA free bottle, and work it out.

Prove it.

Most brands? or most by volume produced worldwide? or most produced in the U.S.?

Some absolutely does, but you don't know what the fuck you are talking about to be able to say most.

The data DOES not exist.

13. floes

floes Senior Member

Over 70% of our Earth's surface is covered by water ( we should really call our planet "Ocean" instead of "Earth"). Although water is seemingly abundant, the real issue is the amount of fresh water available.

* 97.5% of all water on Earth is salt water, leaving only 2.5% as fresh water

* Nearly 70% of that fresh water is frozen in the icecaps of Antarctica and Greenland; most of the remainder is present as soil moisture, or lies in deep underground aquifers as groundwater not accessible to human use.

* < 1% of the world's fresh water (~0.007% of all water on earth) is accessible for direct human uses. This is the water found in lakes, rivers, reservoirs and those underground sources that are shallow enough to be tapped at an affordable cost. Only this amount is regularly renewed by rain and snowfall, and is therefore available on a sustainable basis.

14. Skizm

Skizm Member

Tap is cleaner and has more regulations than bottled water. If bottled water is sold in the state that it is bottled in, it has no regulations.

Stop being whiny bitches, buy a brita, a reusable bottle, and stop polluting.

15. sadist

sadist Banned

Then go visit a motherfuckin' stream or waterfall, collect a bunch of water worth a few months or whatever, and keep it in your home just for thirst quenches.

16. sadist

sadist Banned

Statistics, especially from the gov't, are Bull. Didn't you know that? Never heard of that? Well, now you should take some time to think about it. Remember what kind of society and under what gov't we live.

17. Teadaze

Teadaze Member

Done.

I hate bottled water. The plastic waste is insane and the water is just the same as what is in the tap!

People just seem mindless when buying it! Just buy a refillable container and fill it before you leave the house.

18. SixtiesChild

SixtiesChild Member

Subway sandwich shop has removed the water dispenser on their beverage machines. The cooler is filled with bottled waters. I was surprised to say the least. I asked for a cup of water. They showed me the hand washing sink. I asked if it was filtered and he said 'yes' all the water in the store is filtered. But having to fill my reusable plastic bottle with water from the hand washing sink seems a bit 'cheap' on the part of Subway Restaurants.

PUT BACK THE WATER DISPENSER ON THE DRINK MACHINES!

Thank you...

I might write corporate on this one.

19. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Paying for water? dumb

20. OhSoDreadful

OhSoDreadful Childish Idealist

I can't wait to start drinking water from rivers and shit