Bought myself-

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Personface, May 11, 2004.

1. Personface

Personface Tennessee Jed

I went to Goodwill today and I got three shirts and a dining room table with 5 matching chairs. I paid about 35 bucks the table and chairs, and they are in good condition and pretty nice. I am almost ready to get a place of my own. All I have to do is get a bed and a couch. I think I will just buy two futons - one for my bedroom and one for the living room. Maybe a few bean bag chairs and all that good stuff. I already have most of my kitchen stuff and bathroom stuff. I am probably get my own place in July. I could do it now, but I want to wait until then because I have some stuff I am gonna do this summer, and I want to have extra spending money for that. Nevertheless, I am very excited. :)

2. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Sounds like a plan.

3. Butterflygal

Butterflygal Member

How exciting!!

4. underwhelmed

underwhelmed Member

ohhh how i do love goodwill!! and the salvatoin army...

5. Lilyrayne

Lilyrayne Chrisppie

Goodwill has some awesome stuff sometimes! Plus it's the best place to get stuff for unique crafts.

And I love donating stuff. It's nice to be able to just give it to people in need and free up space in my house. I will never have a garage sale again.

6. antithesis

antithesis Hello

Nice!

When I got an apartment I was going to buy stuff from goodwill, but then I saw this deal for an entire set of furniture on one of the bullentin boards at school for only $50 so I did that instead.

If you need more furniture you should check out any bullentin boards (if they are around there) because you can really find good deals on them.

7. joe

joe Banned

Goodwill is a great place to go for furniture, youll find better stuff there than you will at ikea.
    Dont trust yard sales though, theyre evil places

8. The_Mad_Buster

The_Mad_Buster Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

very cool.....................

9. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

Goodwill stores rock... I love finding awesome treasures for my home there! I once bought a nice dress for the holidays, 3 other complete outfits, a shelving unit for my room, and some new pillows all for under $60! It was very cool...

10. alex714

alex714 To the Left

see goodwill has been for a while a 'hip' place to shop at, so a lot of the good stuff goes very quickly. same thing goes for any vintage or thrift stores....but if you go to the goodwills outside of the city you can find more items and the good buys are still around.

11. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Did you know goodwill is run by a right-wing christian radical who is a minister?

12. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

um...its a morman org I thought....that would be religious....

13. forever_stay_punk

forever_stay_punk Member

i love goodwill i got like 6 book worth like 60 - 70 dollars for like 4 dollars .. i call that a deal... and these book were in not bad condition!! another good thrift store that i like is value village ... they have some nice stuff too

14. halloweenriot

halloweenriot Member

Goodwill Industries is controlled by the Order of Skull and Bones, which is headquartered at Yale University. It is part of the larger American branch of the Illuminati, and the international Trilateral Commission. I'm not sure what their motivation is for collecting and redistributing used clothing and furniture, but you can bet that they are up to no good.