Bought my first pipe today :)

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Spiritualias, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Spiritualias

Spiritualias Member

Its just one of the cheap ones that is metal and looks like a pipe and is unscrewable and stuff, with the screen.

Any tips on taking care of it?

2. omnip0d

omnip0d Member

awesome. idk about taking care of it though, cuz i've never had a metal pipe. i make my own, but i hope to get a glass one sometime.

3. Jabbawaya

Jabbawaya Member

And there was much rejoicing.

4. thrawn

thrawn Member

Put salt in some water, and boil it for 15 minutes. Do it with glass as well. Will not shatter or melt or anthing like that.

5. someguy142

someguy142 Member

my advice to you is to sell ur crappy metal pipe to one of ur friends and buy a little glass spoon....my first pipe was a little metal one that turned into a flashlight and right now there is no way id hit that....if you have enough money get a bubbler, their portable and their waterpipes...most of them hit like champs

6. xanexehsx

xanexehsx Member

gggggrr someone stole my one metal pipe that i had. and then i got another glass one and some other fools broke it!

7. omnip0d

omnip0d Member

fuck dude, that sucks.

8. mynameisjake07

mynameisjake07 Banned

i would definatly go for a glass one....plus metal taste like ass after awhile

9. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

a pipe is a pipe.... anywayz, I have a metal one right now, after it starts gettin clogged n shit, jus get something like a needle or toothpick, use ur lighter to warm the pipe up and scrape. Boiling pipes makes the next time u smoke bud taste like shit.

10. weedimus

weedimus Member

Glass are definitely the way to go. A much cleaner taste. I agree that after a while metal pipes tend to get a funny taste even if you keep in clean. But what’s most important is not how you get there just that you get thereJ

11. LoserMan

LoserMan Member

well man, good fucking job on getting a pipe man, no more cans for you.... heh.. anyway, its all about keeping the screen clean man, always scrape it after your bowls, when the resin is built up, take it apart, and get a paperclip to clear it a little, but if you keep smoking its gonna build up alot soo... yea... youll figure it out.

12. JamesR420

JamesR420 Member

I disagree wiht the glass statements. I'm clumsy as hell so the one time i bought a spoon i broke it very shortly after paying for it. I use glass alternatives now, my bong is acrylic and my two pipes are metal, plus blunts and joints.

if you post a pic of it then we can probably tell you how to clean it wihtout boiling. alli can say right now is once the screen gets really resinated then change it(scrape it too and save the resin as a just in case im dry)

13. weedimus

weedimus Member

glass should definitly come with a warning lable, they are fragile if dropped just like anything glass.

14. Piezoluminescent

Piezoluminescent Banned

I'd agree with getting a glass one.One time I went into the head shop and there wasn't really anything great to buy so I got a medal one.It didn't hit great at all and my friends called it a crack pipe .But I have never had bad luck with glass just make sure its thick.

15. Iron Butterfly

Iron Butterfly Member

After smoking out of numerous glass bowls, bongs, whatever. I think my ten dollar metal one hits the best :)

16. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

I like my homemade clap pipes. They always hit well, though they are damn hard to clean. But since they cost next to nothing (I buy clay in bulk), when they get too clogged I just make a new one. They may not have the nice colors like glass, but then, I'm not the kind of man who really cares about how things look, as long as they work well.

17. TheJolta

TheJolta Member

Yea my first pipe was metal. Then my dad unlocked my door and found all of my bud and pipe and took it away. Then I bought a glass piece (huge) and then decided hey I don't really wanna smoke anymore and took a year off. Sold the bowl back ot the dude who bought it for me. It took him a year to pay me back,but he did. Then he smoked me out to break my 1 year of not smoking. Then a senior buddy of mine bought me another glass bowl for spring break which I named Manut Bowl. I've had this bowl for coming up on a year now and it's been amazing. Pretty soon I'm going to be getting a hooka woohoo.

18. Spiritualias

Spiritualias Member

Here's what it looks like

[​IMG]

I'm enjoying it a lot tonight. Everyone smoke a bowl with me :)

19. Spiritualias

Spiritualias Member

What was your first pipe? And do you have a picture of your first pipe? :) How about a picture of your favorite pipe so i can get ideas on what to buy next?

20. PokeSmot

PokeSmot Member

you smoke out of clay?