Boston Cleveland squabble interrupted by God Bless America

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by cynthy160, Jun 1, 2013.

1. cynthy160

cynthy160 Senior Member

Fight interrupted by the singing of God Bless America.

I take it Boston restarted the 7th inning God Bless America thing after the recent terror attack. It took about 12 years after the 9/11 attack for most of the major U.S. cities, with the exception for LA and NY, to finally recover from the neurosis of singing that tune every game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT6Gc860u7k"]CLE@BOS: Bourn, umpire exchange words in the seventh - YouTube

2. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

to be perfectly blunt, that's false advertising.

it's more like runner thrown out at second argues with umpire, opposing manager jogs out, GBA gets sung, and argument that looked like it was going to end peacefully anyway does.

3. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Yeah I was expecting a fight.

edit: but it wasn't a waste of time thanks to miss new hampshire.

4. newbie-one

I'm going to call myself an idiot before anyone else does.

I suppose I could have squirmed out of this one by saying "yeah, I meant opposing the red sox". But that's not what I meant at all.

I knew that francona left a while back, but I guess it just didn't register.

I didn't even know the name of the current manager. Shows how much I watch tv and follow the sox, I guess.

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i'm glad i'm not from new hampshire. i mean, sure she's a good looking woman, but if she's the best the state has to offer...

6. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Most woman here at Random Thoughts are prettier than her.

7. newbie-one

she's really not good looking at all. she can sing ok though

there's totally hotter girls in new hampshire. it's just a symptom of this "it's what's inside that counts" mentality that's running rampant in america today.

beauty pageants need to go back to their roots and just be about t&a

8. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

true dat

9. cynthy160

cynthy160 Senior Member

Sorry about that. I did say 'squabble' in the title so as to not mislead.

What would have been interesting is if there had been a big bench-clearing brawl right at the end of the top half of the 7th inning. The Miss America Pageant contestant would be singing God Bless America while a great big fight was ensuing. Now that would be really American.

10. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Lol everyone in there that is like 'oh she's not that hot' is probably just bitter.

Tell me you wouldn't want her on your arm walking into a store or restaurant. Haha I mean wtf.

11. deviate

deviate Senior Member

T&a is easy to come by. But she is very pretty, with a great smile and great voice. And she's educated with I'm a sure a smoking body. And I don't know about the roots of beauty pageants but I thought they were always about beauty as well as things like community involvement.

12. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

This thread brought to mind one of my favorite movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yruArw21EGA"]God Bless America - Official RED BAND Trailer (2012) - YouTube

13. deviate

deviate Senior Member

All I think about when I hear god bless america, is hot weather. Beer, big fat blunts and grilling out.

14. TopNotchStoner

All I think about when I head "god bless america" is "pssssh..........god:rolleyes:".

15. deviate

deviate Senior Member

No blunts? Damn bro, disappointing me!

16. TopNotchStoner

lol I'm always thinking about blunts. Even if it's just in the back of my mind, fond thoughts of marijuana are always there:sifone:

17. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Heard that. CO is about to plant a major scale legal hemp crop, first time this has happened since WW2. Crazy shit to finally see!

18. TopNotchStoner

That's progress. I have a feeling it'll be years before medical marijuana or recreational legalization, or even decriminalization, reaches Georgia. Still, progress is progress, even if it is slow.

19. TopNotchStoner

Also............thread = jacked. lol My bad.

20. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I feel the same way about Florida. Although I keep hearing that medical might make it to the ballot in 2014. But even if it does, they would block it at all costs. And there was a voter amendment a few years ago that made it to where you need 60% of the vote now on voter initiatives. I voted against it obviously, but people are stupid and voted for it.