Boris criticises Israel for proposed extension of west bank estates

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Vladimir Illich, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Since Boris has dared to disagree with both Netanyahu and Hephatrump, and criticise Israel, according to Likud's ieterpretation of Antisemitism, Boris is now an anitsemite - do you agree ???

'There is another way': Boris Johnson pleads with Israel not to illegally annex more of West Bank
    'I want to see an outcome that delivers justice for both Israelis and Palestinians....annexation would represent a violation of international law'

The Independent employs reporters around the world to bring you truly independent journalism. To support us, please consider a contribution.

Boris Johnson has issued a last-gasp plea to Israel to pull back from illegally annexing much of the West Bank, warning it will fail to deliver “justice” for Palestinians.

In an opinion piece for an Israeli newspaper, the prime minister calls himself “a passionate defender of Israel” – but sharply criticises Benjamin Netanyahu’ plans, which have provoked an international outcry.

“I want to see an outcome that delivers justice for both Israelis and Palestinians,” Mr Johnson has written.

“Annexation would represent a violation of international law. It would also be a gift to those who want to perpetuate the old stories about Israel.

“I profoundly hope that annexation does not go ahead. If it does, the UK will not recognize any changes to the 1967 lines, except those agreed between both parties. There is another way.”

Mr Netanyahu has vowed to annex nearly a third of the occupied West Bank, having been given the green light by Donald Trump’s so-called ‘peace plan’ released in January.

It would leave a fragmented Palestinian state pockmarked by Israeli settlements, critics say, rejecting their fundamental demands, such as a capital in East Jerusalem.

Some have drawn comparisons with apartheid-era South Africa, warning Israel will be denying Palestinians their basic rights.

In the article, for Yedioth Ahronoth, Mr Johnson speaks of his “sadness” as “a life-long friend, admirer and supporter of Israel”.

“I am fearful that these proposals will fail in their objective of securing Israel’s borders and will be contrary to Israel’s own long-term interests,” the prime minister says.

“Annexation would put in jeopardy the progress that Israel has made in improving relationships with the Arab and Muslim world.

“I have never been more convinced that Israel’s interests overlap with those of our closest partners in the Arab world, including potential security cooperation against shared threats.”

Despite the strong words, the UK is not thought to be threatening any action against Israel if it defies international pressure and goes ahead.

Mr Netanyahu had vowed to begin the annexation of Israeli settlements and the Jordan Valley from 1 July, but has now said talks would continue “in the coming days” with American officials

His rival to be prime minister, Benny Gantz, said annexation must wait while the country tackles the coronavirus pandemic, pointing to deep divisions arising from the plan.

The West Bank and East Jerusalem have been occupied by Israel since the 1967 war and are now home to around 650,000 settlers.

Palestinians hope the territories will become their future state, but this is already seen as increasingly difficult as the settlements expand.

In the article, Mr Johnson said: “I welcome the commitment that President Trump has made to find a way forward.

“The only way it can be achieved is for both sides to return to the negotiating table. That must be our goal. Annexation would only take us further away from it.”

stormountainman likes this.
  2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Without knowing the history, and without taking sides, I would say Netanyahu should consider letting the Palestinians have some of what they want; though I don't know what that is.

My reason is because they should be gracious and kind and giving, not warmongering and evil. I think it is a better world when both sides of a stalemate stand something to gain. Then again, I know nothing of the stakes, and I'm just going on good old ethics alone.

I don't know the implications, but I guess what I'm saying is that both sides need to be satisfied in some way. That can't happen if one side is wielding it's power maliciously or otherwise. They should work together. Can't there be a bargain?

3. Vladimir Illich

In answer - the state of Israel was founded on theft and murder - theft of the land that is known as Palestine and murder of the indigenous population (the Palestinians) in support of that theft. The zionists have, since the founding of their state continued to expand their borders further and further into Palestinian held territory, contrary to international law and numerous United Nations Resloutions !!!

4. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

Israel is culturally a modern European country surrounded by countries that are stuck in the middle ages. Therefore it is hard to bargain. The Palestinians are dependent on Israel for services such as cooking gas.

soulcompromise likes this.
  5. Vladimir Illich

Your knowledge of both history and geography are sadly very poor. Firstly Israel is in ASIA not Europe. Secondly the Arab countries, which you say are stuck in the middle ages, are culturally far advanced, - the 'Hanging Gardens of Babylon' existed at a time when Europeans were wandering the lands dressed only in furs. Likewise, the gardens, the architecture and their water supplies of Damascus were far superior to anything in any of the European countries at that time.

The only reason why Palestinians rely on Israel supplying cooking gas, is because the zionists have stolen the land on which the natural gas wells are situated.

stormountainman likes this.
  6. Bilby

I wrote it that Israel is a culturally a European country. Everyone knows it is located in Asia. Could you imagine any other middle eastern country taking part in the Eurovision Song Contest? From what I have been told, Israel is fairly libertarian country, unlike its neighbours.

7. Vladimir Illich

Whilst a very small part of the country is located in Europe, the vast majority of Turkey is Asian, yet they too took part in the Eurovision Song Contest.

8. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

BINGO!

9. Bilby

Turkey is pro Europe . It wanted to become part of the EC but was held back by its human rights record. It has to make do with customs union with the EC. Turkey was also stuck in the middle ages until Atatürk came to power. Iran is an interesting case as there are those who ant the country to remain a theocracy and those who the country to modernize. If is was it would not be an enemy of Israel.

10. Vladimir Illich

That's just wishful thinking on your part. Now come into the REAL World !!!

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I also agree that Turkey should not be European, although I just looked it up and apparently it's Euroasia lol. Well, it'll always be Asian to me. I just don't find and cultural significance for it to be European. While I'm here, the Mediterranean countries can also be abolished from Europe and also the UK can piss off too. :) also Spain. They can be New Mexico Land. The UK can just be the United Kingdom and the Mediterranean? You guessed it, the Mediterranean. And Russia so big it can just fuck right the fuck off and be Russia.

I'm a little disappointed I have to include France in my Europe, but, well they are just sissy Germans aren't they? :sweatsmile:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  12. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Lol The UK are pissing off mate (at last )

13. Vladimir Illich

WRONG !!! The Uk is leaving the European Union yes, but that is NOT Europe, and geographically, we will always be part of Europe !!!

14. Vladimir Illich

You're just pissed that Germany got its arse kicked TWICE !!! by the French, Russians and UK.

Incidentally, Russia is also part of Europe geographically !!!

15. Rots in hell

I never said we were ? so WRONG back at you

16. Vladimir Illich

That's precisely what you said, so yes you're STILL WRONG !!!

17. Rots in hell

From the EU ! I never said we were leaving Europe Did I you Dick

18. Rots in hell

Did you really think I meant we are going to Sail the UK over to Australasia or summat ?

19. Vladimir Illich

The UK are pissing off mate (at last )

You didn't specify the EU, in fact you didn't mention it at all. So next time, be more specific what you actually do mean !!!

20. Rots in hell

No I didn't ! glad you finally admit it