Books that make you feel better

Discussion in 'Books' started by Hipkatmeow, Dec 28, 2004.

1. opticalpromise

opticalpromise Member

calvin and hobbes

theres treasure everywhere is my current favorite

2. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

writing in my own book always helps

and i like to read something mystical or magickal like the celestine prophecy or anything by richard bach. sark is inspirational without being overly gooey

i havent read much eckhart tolle or deepak chopra, but they have some really amazing messages to share with the world.

3. wallflowergirl

wallflowergirl Member

The Perks of Being A Wallflower. My favorite book! And the Sark books are good, or any other self help books of interest. Oh and poetry. And something I like to do is read song lyrics. Random ones, usually, and then if i like them, i'll download them and listen to them too. Music is also a really good way to warm the spirit! I hope ya get to feeling better! :)

4. Hipkatmeow

Hipkatmeow Member

Thanks for all the suggestions guys... IVe been reading Even Cowgirls Get the Blues by TOm Robbins and Im really enjoying it. Ive been feeling better thanks again! :)

5. Morna

Morna Member

the fuck-up - arthur nersesian
    the outsider - albert camus
    wuthering heights - emily bronte
    poetry - ginsberg, whiteman, bukowski, rumi
    lord of the rings -tolkien

6. icedteapriestess

icedteapriestess linguistic freak

When I was young the book that always made me feel better was "the catcher in the rye". Maybe it's not the cheeriest book in the world, but it helped me to realize that i wasn't the only one going crazy in this crazy world. Other than that, the total ridiculousness of Tom Robbins will make me giggle even when I don't want to.