Books Into Movies

Discussion in 'Books' started by JPN2, Apr 1, 2016.

1. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

Good choice,my favorite screen devil was Joseph Mawle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVi0mhtfmBw

2. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

Ever since Twilight, I've longed for a grotty, grimy, icky vampire series to come to film, Brian Lumley's Necroscope series would be ideal. It needs updating, could do with a more varied cast and the prose isn't exactly shakespeare but it would absolutely kick arse on the big screen.

Tim powers' Anubis gates is probably my favourite fantasy book and that would make an amazing film.

More recently Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel was a pretty hauntingly beautiful book about the end of the world, so if forced to pick a new book, that'd be the one.

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I didn't care for what he did with LOTR to be honest. Not that I don't like the movies, I do, but I think he lost some of the more fantastical elements of LOTR that made the books so great to me while putting too much emphasis on the action scenes - which I do realize for the average film goer the action is going to be what draws them in, so I get that. I'm just weird I guess.

and I realize why Tom Bombadil wasn't included, I KNOW he wasn't intrinsic to the plot, but STILL..i'm a little bitter about it.

But I can see his style working with the Iliad and Epic of Gilgamesh..I'm not that familiar with the others, except the Bible of course.

4. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I'd like to see Lightning and The Bad Place, both written by Dean R. Koontz, made into movies. The Entropy Effect, a Star Trek novel by Vonda McIntyre, would have made a good movie also.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Anything that Neil Gaiman has written. Well actually I've never watched Stardust, but I thought the book was great.

But, the moment I get excited about a movie it'll be faulty. They always are for me. The best movies these days for me personally are the ones I have no idea about, I just show up at the movies stoned with my snuck in alcohol, don't even read about the movie just go see it on title basis and yeah most movies suck. I'm hard to please. But there are gems out there too.

Problem is my imagination seems so complex to most others that unless I direct the movie myself, it'll never live up to my standard. Therefore, I'm more than happy for people NOT to make books into movies because I would feel angry when they inevitably ruin it. Like every comic book movie, IMO they all fucken suck arse.

Bilby likes this.
  6. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

the book of drugs

7. NoHobo

NoHobo Members

Cities of the Red Night..

Preferably directed by Michael Bay.

8. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

I'll admit I was a bit, or maybe a little more than a bit, discontent with the omissions of Tom Tombadil, the Old Forest, Old Man Willow, the barrow wights. However, in retrospect, I really can't get mad at how it played out. The Fellowship was 3:48 hours long! The mentioned above deserve at least one full hour to address properly, in my opinion.

9. Sammanta

Sammanta Members

I watched the film The Great Gatsby, very interesting and beautifull, I was interested in the topic american dream in great gatsby, as it is very relevant. Did the American Dream die in 2008, or did it die in 1918-or did it never really exist at all?. Advise where you can buy or download a book? who are interested, read it too and discuss.

10. The Silmarillion NOT directed by Peter Jackson, for the love of God.

11. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I said this and the former was and I still have yet to see it.

12. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I heard that it wasn't so great. I love the Stand, and I would only like to see it made into a movie if I knew for a fact that it would be very good. That is one of those novels I read at a critical period in my adolescence, and it left a weird mark on me, so I would need to to live up to that nostalgic memory.

13. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

My friend Peter Stowell's novel 'The Voice Recorders', because I'm in it, and I guess that would make me kind of famous, though no one would know.

14. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

In His Own Write. and A Spaniard in the works = Books that consist of nonsensical stories and drawings
    LENNON
    upload_2018-9-3_0-23-36.jpeg

Attached Files:

15. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi

16. maxmayer

maxmayer Members

Arch of Triumpha. I am not sure it is not exist yet but i hope someone would do it one day and i ll be the first one who would get tickets into the cinema

17. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Book I'm currently reading.

Stranger in a Strange Land

I'm quite surprised there has not been a movie made of it yet,

18. maxmayer

maxmayer Members

What is this book about?

19. alexsandro

alexsandro Members

Nice idea

20. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I saw a pretty good one: "The Choice", from the same author that did "The Notebook" and one called "Dear John". "The Choice" was good! It took place in the southern United States; beautiful country... I couldn't get past the fact that these fun loving young adults were likely in deep red territory, lmao... I'm so petty.

Anyway, I went to bed early and shut it off midway through. But yeah... it was a good movie.

I didn't like the Hobbit as much as a movie than as a book. That one was a really great classic book. I thought the movie missed some stuff I guess. I don't know... Maybe the character development...

mysticblu21 likes this.
Tags: