Booked Getaway Without Telling The Wife

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by Jude96, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Jude96

Jude96 Members

I'm not going to keep it a secret now that I booked it but just made a 3 night reservation for us at the Inn on Lake Joseph in a few weeks. Not far from our house but looked like a really nice little place.

had been putting money away for a bigger vacation but my wife kept saying we'll never do it because of Covid and was down every time we put money in. so I thought I'd take the money and book something small but nice. I don't think she'll be mad but I hope she isn't. Lol. Is this post too "vanilla" for the racy sex forum? I mean it does say love in the title, too, right? I hope this wasn't a dick move to make the decision on my own.

GypsyHolly83 and Mysteron like this.
  2. Jude96

Jude96 Members

Ha ha! Thanks! I texted her vague details but I haven't disclosed that I took almost all of our vacation stash.

Mysteron likes this.
  3. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

No its not to too vanilla .It's Romantic and I am an advocate of Romance as it tends to be slowly dieing in the fast paced world of today . I am sure she will luv it and appreciate the thought that you put into it .

You'll have a great time and I am jealous as we are all stuck in in the UK .We are yearning to get away ourselves .

If you can kindly update us on how it went .

Jude96 likes this.
  4. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

You’d best tell her soon before she reads it here!

Jude96 likes this.
  5. Jude96

Jude96 Members

Ha ha. I have told her. I just pulled that initial trigger on my own.

6. Barry Mandelay

Barry Mandelay Banned

So how'd she take the news? Also, you need to plan some romantic activities to go along with the getaway. In room massage session. Private dinner for two. These might be nice additions to just going and expecting to be in bed all day.

Jude96 likes this.
  7. Daretobare

Daretobare Member

I remember one time my wife stopped at where I worked. She had taken the day off from her job. She wanted to take me to lunch. (My boss I found out later was in knowledge of what was happening). I got in her car and she started driving. She wouldn't say where lunch was but we ended up 2.5 hours away from home in a great hotel for an exciting weekend that she planned well. We both had planned surprise outings for each other a few times after that. They can be exciting.

Jude96 likes this.
  8. Jude96

Jude96 Members

Very well. I'm not surprised. I was a little worried because I don't usually do stuff behind her back like that. It is always a mutual decision but she's happy. And thanks for the tips. That's definitely good advice.

9. Jude96

Jude96 Members

I like the sound of that. Maybe this will lead to a lifetime of fun surprises.

10. Jude96

Jude96 Members

I just saw this reply and thanks! We definitely leave some room for some fun stuff but we're very exclusive and I love the woman like I can't explain. So thanks for at least the reassurance that romance isn't dead!

Mysteron likes this.
  11. LovesTheChallenges

LovesTheChallenges Members

Good for you. Women love surprises and I think you nailed it. Hope you both have a great time !!

Jude96 likes this.
  12. Jude96

Jude96 Members

thanks! we had the kids almost right away in our relationship so it'll be nice to have a few days together just us. looking forward to it.

LovesTheChallenges likes this.
  13. Barry Mandelay

Barry Mandelay Banned

We had our first child 15 months into our marriage. Others soon followed and by the 7th year we were done. (I got snipped) To make time for ourselves we would reserve a hotel suite for a weekend and play a game we invented. That and dinners and movies, museum and garden tours. These things we did when we weren't involved in the game so to speak. But they always led to a romantic session back in the room. If we holed up playing the game it lasted all weekend with a bunch of sex activities to do to each other. By Sunday checkout we would be wore out. But we regained a closeness sans kids.

Jude96 likes this.
  14. Jude96

Jude96 Members

hope ours ends up the same way! sounds like a nice time

15. Fireballs469

Fireballs469 Members

I did something like that.
    I never had much interest in going on cruises, but we went on an Alaska cruise as a reunion with my family. My wife & I had a great time.
    As soon as we got back home, I started looking seriously at a website I had found years earlier.
    Within two weeks of getting home I booked us on another cruise, without her knowledge. Then I told her about it.... our first NUDE CRUISE!
    We had never even gone to a nude resort or beach yet! This led to some very tense "conversations." She wanted nothing to do with it. Eventually, I convinced her to go to a clothing optional resort to check it out. The one we went to (about an hour from home) was old & pretty rustic, to say the least. We weren't there more than 20 minutes & she stayed clothed. A couple weeks later we went to a different resort, about 2½ hours away. That one was much nicer. We checked in & drove up to the parking lot to directed us to. We got out of the car & I started to undress. I was really shocked when I looked over & saw my wife already naked!
    That was the beginning of our nudist/naturist lifestyle.
    Since then, we've been on five nude cruises & gone to many clothing optional resorts & nude beaches. Whenever we plan vacations anymore, the first places we look at are clothing optional.

Jude96 likes this.
  16. Jude96

Jude96 Members

good for you man. glad that opened some doors for you that you and your wife enjoy