Bonnaroo Roll Call

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by WayfaringStranger, May 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuffaloSoldier

BuffaloSoldier Member

Looking forward to see Wilco, Damien Rice, and of course Dave Trey & Bob D.

2. Moraga

Moraga Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Thanks again for the schedule. That was perfect and it looked like you put a lot of work into it.

Moraga

3. MagnanimityMan

MagnanimityMan Member

i saw the black keys when they opened for beck. those 2 put on one nice set.

4. BuffaloSoldier

BuffaloSoldier Member

no problem. i didn't put that much work into it. it was just something i did while bored at work. anyone else want the schedule in an exel file to mess around with and print? just pm me.

5. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

this sucks ass, i had saved up like $220 to take to the roo with me. i had to go buy some stuff for the house today and am down to like $100..........

everything is so damn expensive, who knew diapers, tampons, bottled h20 and a superman costume for my lil girl, and other random misc. shit could add up to $100.................................. WTF??

anyone got any idead of how i can make some quick cash at the roo, and NO am will not be a prostitute LOL!!
    <<<<<<<<guess it is time to go give plasma>>>>>>>>

6. Starr

Starr Member

Im bringing some hemp jewelry to sell or give out at the roo, even though "technically" youre not supposed to do that unless youre vending...whatever, lol. Im SO excited...I cant wait to see you all there. Ill be wearing a tye dye tshirt Friday at the fountain that will probably say something about hipforums on it, just to let other forumers know who I am.

7. Katojam

Katojam Member

you can sell just about anything you want. cigarettes-5 bucks a pack, Beer- 2 bucks a can, water- 2 dollars a bottle. Anything that you think you are gonna need, other people are gonna need too. a lot of people don't have these things or run out i.e. cigarettes, T.P., Beer. that's where you come in. small fortunes can be made at big festivals, but make sure you make a lot of time for shows...

8. tiki_god7

tiki_god7 Member

Hey all! first time poster...............also goin to bonnaroooooo!!!....
    I'm leaving minnesota on tuesday and plan to arrive in manchester wednesday night...just wondering if anybody else camps outside of the gate wednesday night? or if its even possible......I figured all the early birds will be having a little preparty so they don't have to wait in line for 6 hours the next day.....

9. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

i know the gate dont open till thursday morning and it said something bout no one will be allowed in till then. not sure bout outside the gate tho.
    i was thinking bout the ciggarette thing, so what kind do you guys smoke??? i wold probly sell em for $5 A pack, that wold be A good price if your from New York arent they like $7 a pack up there??

10. phishcourtney04

phishcourtney04 Member

i heard all the early birds are going to hang out at wal mart until the gates open....i don't know what kind of a "party" that would amount to...maybe someone else knows more?! :)

11. tiki_god7

tiki_god7 Member

last year I want and people hung out at the murphreesboro walmart a lot......it was almost too hot to really enjoy it though....
    as far as selling stuff goes....on the 2002 dvd they interview a kid that sold a bunch of pbj's for like 2 bucks a piece.....I saw people selling bloody marries like 2 for 5 bucks.... it seemed as though anything relating to food, beverage.....or party goods all sold pretty easily.......

12. plainjanepatchwork

plainjanepatchwork Member

Camel Lights sell well at shows. Good luck and I will probably be looking for you by the end of the weekend ;)

13. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

damn camel lights huh?? i havent met anyone that smokes camels in years :) its getting closer and closer you guys.........................
    i am making my road trip mix cd right now........
    i should probly make about 20 of em, its gonna be a long ride.

14. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Hehehehehe. I only live about 80 miles away.

15. GoodKarma

GoodKarma Member

I'm going to let funkyphreshmama do the selling...I'm going for the good times and music. Just went to Target and the liquor store...I'm good to go now...can't wait for Wednesday night...we're leaving after I get off of work and driving until...whenever...

16. tiki_god7

tiki_god7 Member

so where is everybody on this thread driving from? I'm coming from Moorhead Minnesota...about 1200 miles away

17. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

I'm coming from Gallatin, TN. It's about 30 miles NE of Nashville and about 80 miles from Bonnaroo.

18. GoodKarma

GoodKarma Member

Me and funkyphreshmama will be leaving Raleigh, NC which is about 540 miles. Gosh Ol Hippie...yours is just a commute. Although it will probably turn into 12 hours if like last year.

19. MagnanimityMan

MagnanimityMan Member

i'll be finding a ride from Nashville's airport =(.
    this bloody taxi drive is going to cost me more then it should, and i know it =(.
    i think it's a good 30 miles from bonnaroo... at maybe $2 a mile nowwadays, they're going to destroy the little money's i do have.
    is anyone else flying and having to resort to taxi? ethan'll go down on the fare.

20. luna99

luna99 Member

hell yeah everything is so expensive.. I just bought a few basic items and I feel like I'm forgetting stuff.... I hope if I do forget anything people are kind and share or sell things for cheap...

cigs are a great idea, I'm gonna stock up... I only smoke when drinking though but I'll be sweet and share.

phishcourtney and I are comin up from austin... she's from austin, I have a three hour drive to get to her from where I am.. so in total...I'm travelling 886 miles and she will have gone 923 miles? (looked that up on mapquest) no wait..that can't be right! basically it's a 14 hour drive from austin and add three hours for me (the night before)...

see you guys at 11:30 at the fountain! Maybe I'll make a teeshirt with my s/n on it or somethin. :)

Ps. I hear it's supposed to rain friday and saturday. *shrug* :sunglasse woooo rain dance!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.