Bonnaroo (mereged)

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by hippieatheart, Oct 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacobfredjo

jacobfredjo Senior Member

in my opinion i think you could find a much better fest than bonnaroo. Just because there is the most people there doesnt mean its the best fest. I agree Bonnaroo's lineup has gone downhill every year. But thats just my opinion, everyone likes diff music. Bonnaroo is now the "mainstream" and "commercial" fest. If that is not your thing then this fest is gonna blow ass. But some people will have a killer time to see a bunch of bands they love (all those old and new rock acts). But you never know, tehy could have some real good "not as big" acts like Garage a Trois, Critters Buggin, Charlie Hunter, JFJO, etc. and you KNOW Bonnaroo always has BAD ASS Jam sessions and side projects from some REALLY good artists and musicians.

2. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

Radiohead is not a jam band nor a hippy band! They are total pop. Thanks for making my point. Next your gonna say "but OAR is gonna rock!" LMAO.

Note: most of you will have a great time at this festi, don't get me wrong. I just think it would be better to go to 3 small festi's than 1 big one.

3. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

Well said.

4. yossarian

yossarian Member

I would much prefer to go to Bonnaroo and see class acts in a ton of genres of music than go to another festival with only a bunch of jambands. Don't get me wrong, I love the jambands, but, really, where else can you go to see Cypress Hill in one tent, Ricky Skaggs in the next, Sonic Youth, DJ Sasha, Bela Fleck, Moe, Tom Petty...

My only complaint is that it's difficult to actually see the headlining shows, and you have to pick and choose your shows to get good viewing experiences, but that's what happens when 80,000 people come to one festival.

5. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

^^ all festies have this to some extent.
    what makes a fest for me is after the "big name" has played.
    What got generated by that? Are there picks in the campground, after hours shows where you don't expect them and they probably aren't supposed to be, officially?
    the late nights with Hamsa Lila, or STS9 with Sam Bush sitting in...yep.it happened.
    if there isn't some community, it's just a big concert.

6. yossarian

yossarian Member

True, that does sound awesome, but I go to festivals primarily for the music. I think Bonnaroo does have a decent community, too, from the one year I went. But in the end, what do I know. I just think it's awesome I got to see Cypress Hill and DJ Sasha all in one day.

Anyways...

The Police are headlining!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i4c4172643b5f38ced38b98ea47f365c7

"The first 14 dates -- including two at Madison Square Garden in New York and a headlining show at the Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival outside Nashville..."

Blast from the past, hell yeah.

7. GTA83

GTA83 Member

Yea, I am fully not digging that they are either, it is on Bonnaroo's website now too.
    I think they could have done much better, oh well.

8. beatlerific

beatlerific not like other girls

i don't know about the police headlining. i'm not a big fan. sounds kinda lame, honestly.

9. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

The Police?! oh my...
    I dunno if it's worth my travels, but we'll see who else is gonna be there...

10. KungFuKelly

KungFuKelly Member

full line-up & ticket info goes up on the site tomorrow.

I'm thinking about heading down to this, my birthday is 6/10, that would make for a great celebration.

11. GTA83

GTA83 Member

This was discovered earlier by BonnarooDetective on the Inforoo site. Looks legit... I would be sooo happy if it is!![​IMG]

12. sugarmaggie

sugarmaggie ~Green Eyed Devil~

I cannot believe The Police are gonna headline this year. I must say, I'm very disappointed with that. I'm very curious as to what the rest of the lineup will be. It's definately gonna determine whether I go or not.

13. GTA83

GTA83 Member

good chance it will be the on posted above, it was from the actual bonnaroo site

14. sugarmaggie

sugarmaggie ~Green Eyed Devil~

The dates are wrong on that post...

15. GTA83

GTA83 Member

yea that was brought up, there is still speculation, but 2 hours after posted, the site required a login, also billboards and jambase both listed it as an official line-up after the leak... who knows though. Jambase went as far as to say tickets go on sale friday at noon an that david cross, lewis black and friends, and dave attel would be in the comedy tent.

16. beatlerific

beatlerific not like other girls

ahh i'm having mixed feelings now..
    ween, ratdog, sts9...
    shit.
    what to do...

17. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

very diverse line up!
    there are more than enough great bands on the line up to get me there!.... though i cant go.... imma cry.

18. yossarian

yossarian Member

I'm so happy Sasha and John Digweed are playing. The greatest DJ collaboration in the world, bar none.

So many good bands. I'm hoping I can make it this year.

19. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

Ok, Xav is going to be there so I WILL be there come hell or high H2o!!! YAY

20. StayLoose1011

StayLoose1011 Senior Member

I think the line-up is pretty fantastic. I probably preferred last year's (I adore Radiohead and Tom Petty), but there are lots great acts from across the board. As a previous poster said, where else can you see Tool, String Cheese, Bob Weir, the Black Keys and the Flaming Lips all in one weekend?

edit - should've mentioned that unless I move our west before Bonnaroo, I'll definitely be there :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.