Bonnaroo 2006

Discussion in 'Gig List' started by Laxx87mb, Nov 29, 2005.

1. psychedelic toker

psychedelic toker Member

Your complaining about people dosing, but yet your complaining that the doses are bunk........to me that doesnt really make sense.........

Anyway EVERYTHIN I BOUGHT WAS CHEAP AND REAL, I dont know where you were but I the lights were very interesting while i was there the lighting was excellent!

2. teh-horace

teh-horace for your pleasure

wish i had 165 bucks
    damn...

3. Jezmund

Jezmund Member

in 2002 Bonnaroo was fresh. It was good. Now it has become a rather stale affair. But I'm still going. I live like 15 minutes away. shit

4. White_Widow

White_Widow Member

I dont have a problem with people dosing, as long as they are dosing to enhance the musical performances. I have a problem with people who are dosing just to get fucked up. People who crowd into a tent during a keller concert and ask eachother "who is this anyways?" (true story) In my opinion, if you dont know who Keller Williams is, you probably shouldnt be at this festival. Not implying that Bonnaroo cant introduce you to new music, but Keller is one of the biggest names on the bill every year. Dont take my words out of context, and they will make sense. Im not sure why you shoot down what i say, im guessing its because you werent at bonnaroo in 2003, but most people that i talk to who have returned to bonnaroo over the years agree that the experience has been ruined over the years. Look at the festival itself collapsing to corporate sponsors like superfly. Just because you can buy cheap drugs and the lighting is great doesnt mean bonnaroo is as great of a festival as it used to be. Dont get me wrong, the lineups have consistently been great, and this year is no different. However, given the fact that I live in VT, I dont plan on going this year... thats all i meant, no need to get frazzled bro

5. psychedelic toker

psychedelic toker Member

NO its because of people like you that don't except openess, if a person was at the Festival and they didn't know who Keller Williams is WHO CARES.....They are soley there for the music and to learn and experiance new music....Just because you dont know who Keller Williams is, that shouldnt exempt you from attending a festival.....In my opinion more people should experiance festivals and see how much they have to offer.

I go to Music festivals for many reasons.....One of those reasons is to hear new music that I have never heard before.such as the wood brothers or the Donovan Frankrieter Band, just because i dont know those artists does that mean I should not attend..YOU SHOULD BE PRAISING A PERSON FOR TRYING OUT NEW MUSIC LIKE KELLER WILLIAMS (because he does have a different style of playing)........

Last year I was at Bonnaroo and saw Keller Williams (by the way Pink Floyds The Wall on mandolin was sick) I was standing next to a son and father....the father had never heard of Keller Williams before.....AND I SAID CONGRATS CAUSE YOUR GONNA ENJOY....then I shared a bowl with them....shutting out people because they haven't heard certain music before is rediculous.....

The coporate sponsers like superfly are the same as Wakarusa.....if you bought your tickets through musictoday your supporting the same damn corporate sponsors......

I hate all this coporate talk with all these festivals........America is Coporate...and it aint changin anytime soon....

6. dreadlockswampy

dreadlockswampy Swampmiester

shakes psychedelic toker hand,

I havn't a clue who Keller Williams is at all, in fact I havn't heard of most of the line up at Roo, So does that mean I definately shouldn't come to the festival ??? I'm totaly looking forward to it never the less !!! Opening my mind to a wider range of music infact, just enjoying the music & the atmosphere itself is good enough for me. I'll probbably walk away from the festival, hopefully broadening my musical taste & enjoying more bands that I've never listened to before.

Thats what festivals are all about, listening to new music that you probbably wouldn't of bothered listening to before, sure your gonna go see your favourite bands, but you can see them at normal gigs n stuff, but the other bands, you wouldn't go and see just because you havn't heard of them. Anyway enogh of my ramblings

Peace & remember Badgers guide you to the light !!!!!

7. psychedelic toker

psychedelic toker Member

THANK YOU AND I HOPE YOU HAVE FUN AT BONNAROO....

Trust me I go to festivals every year and I walk away with a couple new favorite bands.........

Festivals like Bonnaroo can make or break a band......Like Robert Randolf and the Family Band without bonnaroo they still probibly wouldnt be on the map-

8. sugarmaggie

sugarmaggie ~Green Eyed Devil~

Yes..I will remember Robert Randolph and The Word's set from last year for the rest of my life.....wow. That's some talent.

9. psychedelic toker

psychedelic toker Member

BONNAROO ARTIST ADDITIONS ROUND THREE

Common
    Sonic Youth
    Matt Costa
    Tortured Soul

10. moonfry

moonfry Member

ya know what man i dont even think it matters who is headlineing becuase it will be pure bless there and i think any one who can go should and just ya know feel who ever is playn and be happy man

11. psychedelic toker

psychedelic toker Member

From Wikipedia

Bonnaroo has said it is in negotiations to add an additional 16 artists to this years lineup. Rumoured artists to be added include: String Cheese Incident, The Flaming Lips, Wilco, The Allman Brothers, The Arcade Fire, Ryan Adams and the Cardinals, North Mississippi All-Stars,The Shins, Sufjan Stevens, Fiona Apple, John Mayer Trio, Thievery Corporation, Queens of the Stone Age, Ben Harper, Danger Doom, The Roots, and Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins.

HAHAHAHA I would me pants if this is true.....last year Wikipedia posted a list like this last year and THEY WERE RIGHT!

CHEEEEEEEEEEEESE, ALLLLLLLMANS,

FLAMING LIPS

I could die a happy man if this is true, but not til after the show

12. dreadlockswampy

dreadlockswampy Swampmiester

Q.O.T.S.A,WOW, that wold be fookin cool if they were to play :)

13. timeoutofmind

timeoutofmind So Many Roads...

i dont think Ben Harper will be added, nor do i think The Allman Brothers will be. but all of the others seem possible.