Bone Thugs `n` Harmony

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Krayzie Hustle, May 10, 2004.

1. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

Yeah you're right. I am seriously contemplating buying all of the bootleg Makaveli CD's. I had Makaveli 8 and Makaveli 2001. I want to get them all, because they have the original versions of some of the newly released shit and it is the way Pac intended.

2. smokindude

smokindude Senior Member

Hmm, ive never heard of the makeveli CD's besides the last one, The 7 Day Theory. Please explain.

3. TopNotchStoner

There is a whole series of bootleg makaveli cd's. Makaveli 8 had a 6 minute freestyle on it and it had "Pain" and the original version of "When we ride on our enemies", which is WAAAAY better than the version on Better Dayz. I can't remember what Makaveli 2001 had on it, because I didn't have it as long. Good cd's though. I believe you can get them off the internet. There's more than ten of them.

4. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

kind of buzzed, but on the last page TNS gave a negative referance towards eminem, although he isnt what he used to be etc. he is still a terrific producer, and imo would be one of the ones i would let touch tupacs music to produce

with that said, i dont like tupac very much, but respect him, my favorite rapper top 2 is Biggie and Jay-Z then i dont know after that

5. TopNotchStoner

Em is an alright producer, but his production style doesn't match Pac's style. I can't stand Em, but he is talented. Again, he should stay away from Pac's music, in my opinion.

And I can't stand Gay-Z either. I only like a couple of Biggie songs, those being "Suicidal Thoughts" and "Juicy", but I have a lot of respect for him. No respect for Gay-Z, whatsoever.

6. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

both lyrically are better than pac imo, but since the beggining i've formed a dislike for pac so i cant say much towards it

in the world of Biggie and Pac, i've found it's pretty much you like one or the other, but never both

7. TopNotchStoner

It's not all about the lyrics. Pac had some amazing lyrics, but I agree that Biggie is one of the best ever, and so is Gay-Z, lyrically. But it's not all about the complexity of the rhyme schemes and all of that shit; Pac made you FEEL his shit. You can hear the pain/anger/love/frustration/whatever in his voice. He was, is, and always will be the best at conveying his emotions through his music.

The reason I don't like Gay-Z has nothing to do with his talent, because he is obviously talented as fuck, and one helluva lyricist. I don't like him because he thinks he's the best thing in the history of hip hop. He left Dame Dash high and dry, and he would not be shit without the help of Dame. He thinks he can take biggie's place, which nobody can, and he basically said "fuck off" to all of the people who helped him get to where he is at. He has no loyalty, at all, and that is a real problem for me.

8. pfunk910

pfunk910 Member

Well.. would you say you know just as much about hip-hop as you do about rap? Do you consider them one in the same?

-Mike

9. TopNotchStoner

Hip-Hop is the culture. Rap is the music.

10. pfunk910

pfunk910 Member

So would you say there is a difference between a rap culture and a hip-hop culture, but both of them produce 'rap' music?

-Mike

11. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

hiphop is made up of elements, Rap, Djing, Grafitti, and Bboying

so rap is just a byproduct of hiphop

12. pfunk910

pfunk910 Member

Gotcha.

-Mike

13. omgimmatt

omgimmatt Visitor

driving while faded while bumping bone thugs
    nothing like it
    nothing

14. smokindude

smokindude Senior Member

Wow man same here, ive always hated Gay-Z and only like a few biggie songs. But dont even get me started on P.Diddy(defintion of the word FAKE)....but ya as digital said, you either like biggie or pac, not both.

15. TopNotchStoner

I'll smoke to that [​IMG]

16. snoopdoggg

snoopdoggg Member

^^^ Young Jeezy tha realest nigga in it

17. Biida

Biida Member

Zomg, Bone Thugs! I've never been able to retain the lyrics really well, but I dig it nonetheless. I know it's so cheesy, but Ghetto Cowboy is stuck in my head all the time! :)

Edit: Pac appeals more to my taste. Love, love, love his voice.

18. SirTokesAlot

SirTokesAlot Lives

You wanna hear fake artists, just turn on MTV. Personally, I think guys like The Game are what its really about.. they know what its like.

If I had to choose a favorite, it'd be Snoop or Tupac.

19. smokindude

smokindude Senior Member

Good man.

Although, im confused about this statement:

20. snoopdoggg

snoopdoggg Member

he means that the game is hard