Body hair

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by liberalryan, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Crysee

Crysee Member

Trust me there are men that love it! Those ones are the keepers lol.

2. patmandu22

patmandu22 Guest

Other than my face I shave my armpits and my feet. My wife likes my armpits hairless. Also, I usually go barefoot or wear flip flops most places so I like my feet to look well groomed.

3. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

sometimes i shave, sometimes i don't. sometimes i cut my hair sometimes i don't. trichotillomania so eyebrows and eyelashes vary as well.

4. Driftwood Gypsy

one of my resolutions was to strive to shave as little as possible. hubby is super supportive.

5. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

If you have your hubbies support why do you have to shave at all?

6. loungingnudist

loungingnudist Guest

wife and i have stoped shaving we just let it grow

7. Philippi

Philippi Guest

Every once in a while my armpits and sometimes, only in the summer, my legs. Nothing more.

8. Platnumb

Platnumb Member

I seem to find myself never shaving as I'm not a hairy guy. I would like to grow a nice thick stache, but I don't think it's going to happen. Totally bummed! For alll you guys with a nice stache out there, well done.

9. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

I shave my legs, armpits, eyebrows and, occasionally my pubic area.

We have hair covering our entire body, but no other area do I feel the need to remove, besides what I stated above. I'm sure as I get older I will find that really long black single strand that I will feel the need to remove, but nothing on the regular, you dig? And thankfully it hasn't happened to me so far. I dread the moment it happens, though.

As for why, because society tells me to in order to be a proper, somewhat pretty woman.

10. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Shave eyebrows? That's sounds like lots of upkeep.
    Do you mean to shape or off?

11. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

Ha, I don't shave them completely off. I just shave the lower off of it, where my eyelid is, because I have a few stray hairs there. So, yea... to shape. Nor do I have an unibrow, so I don't shave anything in the middle, if you think that, lol! I'm not that hairy for a female. :D

Sorry, for the misunderstanding.

12. drumminmama

Shaving results in faster to be seen regrowth. That why plucking/threading/waxing are popular for brows.

While on break yesterday, I paid attention to the traffic flow into a waxing chain. It's amazing how many people rip hair off themselves!

But, it does make body hair a social marker. I can find my hippie tribe faster.

13. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Waxing is awesome.
    I am also very, very interested in laser hair removal. I will have to look into it more.

14. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

I started with threading then moved to waxing, both left me with bruising, so now I shave because it doesn't bruise the life out of my eyelids. I look like I get punched, lol. Also, I find that if I dry shave over wet shaving the hair doesn't grow as fast. I can dry shave my eyebrows and not have to shave them for like two weeks. If I wet shave I have to shave them like once a week. Which when I tell people that they think that's not long at all because apparently they tell me they shave everyday, if their preferred hair removal method is shaving or they shaved before changing to another method. But, I can't shave everyday. I would literally be shaving skin, not hair.

And yea, I'm a conformist... so I like no hair to prove myself a proper woman or sort of a proper woman, because you know society is never satisfied. You can't wear shorts with hairy legs, you just can't. Alright, I'm cool with that, I can take it off.

15. Driftwood Gypsy

i've finally stopped shaving everything. i'm insecure about my legs so i don't show them at work but i do everywhere else.... so far no hissing and heckling from society! my armpits and cooch i don't mind....
    but overall, really, i'm loving it! just takes some adjustment, getting the society brainwashing out of my head...,

16. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

my legs and under arms

17. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

Really? That's amazing. I don't think I can ever do that. Also, I've been programmed so successfully that I actually like to shave. It's like how women eat salads and small portions because society tells us we need to be skinny and not eat a lot. So, after awhile of eating salads and having portion control, they start to prefer it. Not saying that is the case for every woman. I'm just using an example.

18. drumminmama

Who says you can't wear shorts with leg hair? Men do it all the time.
    I wear skirts with my fuzzy legs. And tank tops with furry armpits.

I do know when to wear sleeves or tights, and I will do so.

Funny story.
    One morning, after I hadn't taken good note of my first appointments the next day, I chose to wear a knee length skirt to work. If it had been a deadline day with a lot of writing, no problem. Or phoner interviews.
    But, noooooo. I'd forgotten the US representative for the area was coming in, and I didn't have time to get home and back.
    So we have the interview at a local coffee shop, and he took note of my appearance.
    Every time we interacted after that, he teased me about it.
    About a year later, I came out of a meeting to find a packet under my windshield wipers. From his office.
    I called his press people and asked exactly how they found my car.
    "(Drumminmama), you have a pro leg hair sticker on your car. It was easy."

19. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

^^^^ Lol! That's awesome.

Anyways, as some women will say, "It's different for men!" Not the most intelligible justification, but it has to do because men can be hairy while women can't, as far as my society goes. Obviously, it depends on the society and subculture. But, I don't belong to any subculture neither. Also, I'm quite content conforming to societal standards, and prefer it at times.

20. Shakti_Om

Shakti_Om Local Pixie

Yep likewise, after the initial insecure self issues I now find it totally liberating!

Sx