Body art

Discussion in 'Art' started by We_All_Shine_On, May 9, 2004.

1. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

anyone into modification? or just simple on skin art?
    if you like mods, BMEzine.com kicks ass. I carved(into my forearm) an om and a pentacle , lol 2 very different things, but each personally important to me.

2. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

i don't know about extreme body modification but i like tattoos a lot. My cousin is a tattoo artist and he does mine free!!! which is great considering i'm skint

Bmezine.com is a great site. it's got lots of pictures and some flash too.

really cool! :)

3. AoXoMoXoA420

AoXoMoXoA420 Member

erm...

you know those things?

dammit those things...

its like a semipermant skin paint. people paint really cool patterns on their skin. those things are awesome. can some one help me out as to what "those things" are called?

4. We_All_Shine_On

henna? like henna tattoes?

5. We_All_Shine_On

uhm yeah, some people dont think of it as an art to be able to cut a design into your skin... they think it's insane and you need help... I disagree

6. SweeperOfDreams13

SweeperOfDreams13 Member

eehhhh, shit, this is driving me insane... I had a really good link to a site that had galleries and info on branding and I was gonna post it here and then I LOST IT and now I am saddened.

7. Sugar Magnolia

Sugar Magnolia Member

yeah it is called henna, if that's what you're thinking of. i saw this indian girl once with it all over her hands and up her arms, it looked really cool.

8. stormyy

stormyy Member

I think in some instances cutting can be a sign of a greater problem, but by the same token some people think of tatts and piercings the same way. Shine on, do a search on scarification....its a legitimate art form, and it has been done for thousands of years.

9. eccofarmer

eccofarmer Member

NAMASTE

I LOVE Tattoos but i like just as much any form of body art.I love when someone sees my OM tattoo or my other ones.It shows them or so i think how i live my life.A simple path.There are so many forms of art that i am drawn to but body art to me is a walking,living and breathing works of art.

10. Willow-Bridget-Love

Willow-Bridget-Love Member

umm.. what is am om? is it that design like in pritam's sn?

11. We_All_Shine_On

yes , it's the design in his sig. I have an OM scar which is the twin of his sig, I mean, I printed that out, copied, it, then scarred it in.
    Om is the unstruck sound, the all, I'll let pritam explain it better.
    worth the look up, try typing in anahata nada

12. ImaPeach

ImaPeach Member

Loooooove henna! and air brush tats too!

13. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

i love most body art. i dont like facial tattoos tho, i saw a man who had the face of a wolf tatood on his face and i didnt like it at all.

14. We_All_Shine_On

ugh, the only good face tattoos are the small tears under the eyes, or stars in the corner beside the eye, or Maori face art :)

yeah does anyone know where I can get henna ink? like, would it be at an art store, or would I have to go all speciality?

15. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

You got hot topic in Canada? You could order it online most like too. I'm getting an awesome tattoo... Check it

[​IMG]

16. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

The teardrop was (dont know if it still is) a gang symbol meaning I think either you killed someone or your homeboy was killed... not sure though

17. eccofarmer

eccofarmer Member

NAMASTE

One meaning of the OM is the Divine which maifests as all that is.Om is the primal sound or vibration from which all other names and forms arise ant to which we all return.The alpha and omega.

18. jackovgoesjacko

jackovgoesjacko Member

shit dude, dont do that do ur arm. a henna tat would be cool. how much are they?

19. psycdelcdragon

psycdelcdragon Member

i just got my first tattoo a while ago. I'm planning on getting three or four more to complete the design i want on my back.

20. We_All_Shine_On

lol my arm is fine, in fact tonight I think I'm gonna do a sag sign under my watch, really small.