BNP political broadcast...

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by JOsie, May 28, 2004.

1. Dizzy Man

Dizzy Man Member

But — getting back to the BNP — isn't their argument that immigration is bad because of Muslim fundamentalists?

How can anyone be so bigoted as to think that people from other countries are more likely to cause trouble than people from their own country?

2. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

The BNP don't have an argument. At heart, they're just a bunch of racist thugs who hate pakis and niggers. They'll just seize whatever issues are in the news that they can use to their advantage. They don't have a coherent argument - they just have a mask for their hate.

3. Dizzy Man

Dizzy Man Member

How do you know that?

4. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

There just another 'other' party

5. DoktorAtomik

Ummmm... because (a) I've met people who belong to the BNP, and without exception, they're racist thugs (b) I know the sort of groups to which they're affiliated (c) I know the history of some of the senior members of the BNP.

Pull your head out of your ass. If anyone thinks the BNP are 'just another party', you really haven't got a fucking clue and have just fallen for the propaganda. John Tyndall, who founded the BNP, was the co-founder of the National Front (that's the NF to you and me). Or are the NF just another political party too?

This is Tyndall in this picture, on the left. Looks kinda harmless, eh?

[​IMG]

Tony Lecomber (BNP 2nd in command last time I checked) has a conviction for a nail bomb attack on the offices of a rival group. When arrested, he was in possession of hand grenades. Still, just another valid political activity I guess....

Wake the fuck up people. Do some fucking research before you start spouting shite on subject about which you know precisely fucking zero.

How about a quote from their current leader, Nick Griffin. You know the guy... Nice Nick! The one who always smiles who they wheel out to deal with the media and pretend they're nice? Well, how nice is he really?

What do their other senior members have to say?

The only good Nazi is a dead Nazi.

6. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

7. DoktorAtomik

Here's some more stuff, courtesy of Searchlight:

Make no mistake. Just because the BNP is trying to look harmless to help it win elections, that doesn't change the fact that it's an organisation of dangerous racist thugs.

8. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

http://www.searchlightmagazine.com/stopthebnp/uncovered/pg03.htm Looking at that he apears to be a atention seeker , and not realy a man of his convictions.... this chap is so out of date he should holiday with Jean-Marie Le Pen. All those people that egged Le pen should have stayed at home and just ignored him . How long has he been in the political arena , how much of an effect has he realy had.

http://www.rosenoire.org/essays/itp.php there all just a bunch fools . you know those people that shout in market squares ...what do yo normaly do to them ... ok you might shout back , i cross over the street and head off into HMV.

9. magicmonkey

magicmonkey Member

You're damned right, the BNP are evil, sadistic, racist thugs. I moved into the St. Pauls area of Bristol in the late 80's just after the race riots had died down, it was a time when Combat 18 and the NF were names to be reckoned with on the streets and as a 9 year old white kid living in a predominantly black area I was scared shitless of seeing these people on the streets. It wasn't long after that when the BNP became a force on the streets to be avoided as well and having had them shouting death threats at me for living surrounded by 'filthy black shits' and all the other abuse that comes with it I refuse to even think about them as a political party, they're more of a terrorist party in my eyes.

Ranting aside, the immigration issue is certainly interesting, I'm not too hot on figures etc. but I remember seeing a report about 6 months ago that said we had 1 million more jobs than we had people of an age to work. In my opinion, if someone wants to come over here, get a job and pay their taxes then fine, I'll welcome them with open arms, also if someone is coming over here as a refugee I'll welcome them with open arms. The only thing I'll really disagree with is people who aren't refugees coming over and scrounging off the dole without trying to get a job and I don't honestly think there can be that many people like that out there.

Immigration has been happening for decades and we're still one of the strongest economies in the world. So what's changed so much that we now have an economic problem? I reckon it's got to be the fear that the media and the government have instilled in your average tabloid reader. All other answers on the back of a postcard...

10. Dizzy Man

Dizzy Man Member

Doktor,

The reasons you give would be good enough to convince me that the BNP were racist. If you'd left it there I would have believed you. Unfortunately, you went on to get really angry with me for no apparent reason...

Asking you to back up your accusations with facts is 'spouting shite'? Why do you have to be so rude? Attacking people isn't going to get anyone to believe in your cause. Especially when you're attacking people like me who are on your side.

After reading all your facts, I would say that if you are speaking the truth then there is no doubt that the BNP are an evil organisation, founded by people who surely must have some kind of mental illness. But I shall have to look up those facts to corroborate what you said.

11. Claire

Claire Senior Member

I have put this link in earlier in this thread, but incase you missed it: http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/st...ial/default.stm please watch this Panorama program on the BNP which will clearly back up what Dok has said.

The BNP are Nazi Scum.

12. DoktorAtomik

Sorry, if you don't see why I'm getting angry about someone questioning criticism of a neo fucking nazi party, then you really need think about it a little harder.

Fine. Whatever. I'm clearly just making things up for some crazy agenda all of my own. You go read your books or whatever research it is you've have planned. I'm sure the BNP will feel very threatened by it while they're kicking shit out of some immigrant somewhere.

13. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/story/0,3605,728607,00.html

I think i posted it earlier ..... anyway

.. race is used to hate with lots of morons

http://search.eb.com/blackhistory/micro/722/2.html

Maybe because i have not had it 'in my face' , this hatred seems a bit OTT. And i am not some aryan wet dream (far from it)...so don't think i am defending anything .

http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/L-hitler.htm

I think i have exercised enough free speach on this one , enough out of me...

14. Dizzy Man

Dizzy Man Member

I have no reason to doubt you, but I don't think it's wise to accept everything people say as fact. If I did, I would be a member of the BNP, and every other wacko group who fed me a bunch of half-truths and unsubstantiated claims to get me to sign up.

As well as being sceptical of everyone, I'm particularly wary of people who seem unnecessarily angry. I don't support the BNP — I called them stupid idiotic bigots, yet you felt the need to swear at me, as if I was one of them! Because you're not able to talk to me in a civil and sensible manner, I am taking everything you say with a pinch of salt.

Maybe you'll understand if I turn the tables on you for a minute...

I FUCKING HATE THE GREEN PARTY, THEY ARE ALL PAEDOPHILES! If you ask me why I think they are paedophiles then you must be stupid. Facts are not necessary when the safety of our children is at stake. You want facts? Fuck off! You're an idiot if you didn't know. If you don't believe me, you can go and read some books while the green party are raping some child somewhere.

The more serious the accusation, the more important the facts become. Not the other way round.

15. Paul

Paul Cheap and Cheerful

The thing is ... The BNP are growing in support, that is a fact.

It is no good just dismissing them as a bunch of Nazis, I know they are, you know they are, however people have short memories. they do not remember the war, the holocaust, the Blackshirts or even the race riots of 15 years ago. They just see the situation in this country at the moment.

Regardless of the truth, a lot of white voters are now seeing the BNP as being the only party that is really interested in the future of Britain as an independent nation.

It seems to me that the majority of people in the UK do not want a single currency, they do not want mass immigration and they do not want a European superstate. They want a "Great Britain like it used to be". Whether true or not, there is no other political movement that is offering the same promises.

Other people are just frustrated because of cultural/reigious conflicts in their own areas, I live in the inner city, I see it all the time. I personally have not been affected but I see many people who are angry at a situation over which they have no control.

I do not know what the solution to this is; in an ideal world we would all accept each other and respect that people have different ways. Unfortunately we do not live in an ideal world, the average man does not look beyond the tabloids or his own front gate.

I can't help thinking that things will soon change for the worse and there will be a lot of surprised faces come June 10th.

I hope I am wrong.

16. Dizzy Man

Dizzy Man Member

These BNP voters are stupid, but what is their reason for not wanting non-whites in the country? Are they actually racist? Are they simply bigoted, and think white people are less violent than all the other races? Or do they think racism is fine, but races should be separated to reduce racial violence?

17. JOsie

JOsie Member

it's not that they necessarily think racism is fine(although a large majority do)...they are basically being told half the truth...the bnp at the moment is giving the story of "it's all well and good asylum seekers coming to our country...but what about the british guys who get ignored because of them" which people will go for...because it's probably something they are interested in...they feel that they as british citizens are entitled to preferential treatment over anyone else because it's "their country"...which i can understand...but it's being twisted and made into someting that it isn't...a racial problem...

if it was white guys coming from anywhere else would they care as much? if australia was suddenly struck by war of some kind and australian families wanted to seek asylum...would they care about that?

the problem of it all is that there is a lot of things they can use to their own advantage...september 11th being one particular example...there is so much blind idiocy behind the argument that they are giving, which is that muslim extremists are seeking asylum in this country so they can blow it up(at least that is one of their points)...they are basically trying to make people believe that any non white person that comes into the country is only coming here to destroy white culture...which quite frankly is bollocks...

unfortunately also...because it is getting towards the european football whatever it is...the tabloids wll be pushing more and more "fuck you foreigners" attitudes...maybe not in the same way as the bnp are pushing it...but certainly the nationalist idea of "we're better than you for whatever reason"...i know it's not really the same thing at all...it's just very sad that they are both coming at a similar time...not to say that all football fans are racist...

also...please don't take anything that anyone has said as an attack on you...it's just very worrying that a bunch of overt racists and bigots could possibly get into power at this moment in time...it's not just a group of guys going around lynching black and asian guys and burning their houses down...this is the possible installation of nazis into government...and the sugar coating of their clearly white power agenda does nothing to hide the fact that they are thugs and basically bad people...it's something that many of us feel vert strongly about...the government that holds power over us should be at least representative of the populace of the country...and i don't really want swastika toting morons speaking on my behalf...

18. Paul

Paul Cheap and Cheerful

I think it goes further than stupidity, I think it stems more from fear of the unknown rather than full blown race hatred. I don't even think it has anything to do with colour.

My grandad is 93, he was conscripted into the army during WW2 where he had to guard German POWs, he held a good job down as a sales rep for many years, raised a family, he would help anyone out if he could. He is a good man who means well ...

According to him, his thoughts after the creation of Israel were "Hopefully they'll all go back there then" However he will also refer to concentration camp survivors as those "poor souls"

He likes what he is familiar with, he is territorial. He doesn't like to feel threatened. He can pity the poor starving African in Africa and donate to Oxfam, but wouldn't want them in his own area.

If he walks down the street and sees a gang of youths he will cross the road, but he'll remember them more if they have a different colour skin.

I just put it down to him coming from a different generation. I think it's just the lower side of human instinct, noticing differences rather than similarities is something we can all do if we allow ourselves.

19. DoktorAtomik

This is true. However, there's a difference between questioning information that one has cause to suspect is false, and questioning information which is self evidently true. The BNP are racists. They have a history of racism. Their electoral propaganda is based around the race issue. It's not rocket science to work it out.

And I'm extremely wary of people who question whether the BNP are really racist thugs. I'm also wary of people who don't feel angry when confronted with racism. I make no apologies for feeling particularly passionate on this issue.

No I didn't. Let's stick to the facts, huh? I used expletives in my response as I'm generally inclined to do. I'm a conversational swearer. Just because this has offended your sensibilities, please don't confuse that with a personal attack or use it as an excuse for refusing to take the issues raised seriously.

Well now that's just childish, isn't it? If by civility you're referring to swearing again, then I suggest you've led far too sheltered a life if you find my cussing uncivil. Furthermore, I feel no requirement to be civil or sensible in the face of somebody questioning whether the BNP are racist thugs or not. If you even need to ask this question, you have your head buried in the sand. I mean have you any idea how offensive a black person would find that comment? That's like someone asking whether Adolf Hitler was really all that unreasonable!

Infantile and childish. Unless I'm very much mistaken, the Green party don't have a well documented history of paedophilia. Nor do they fill their electoral pamphlets with hate material towards children. Nor were their founding members well known organisers of paedophile gangs. Nor have their senior members got convictions for paedophilia. Nor do they base their entire electoral agenda around the issue of children. Your analogy is worthless. Here's a better one.

THE GREEN PARTY ARE ALL.... UMMM..... GREEN!!!! If you ask me why their all green, you must be stupid.

I'd also take issue with a couple of specific points of your analogy. Namely:

In the face of an extremely violent far-right party, it's idiotic to be questioning whether they're really racist thugs or not. If we were talking about an organisation which had been particularly discrete about its racial hatred... one that we had no reason to suspect.... then I'd agree with your point. But if you really feel that more facts are required, then just go use a search engine. The racism and thuggery of the BNP is not exactly a state secret.

Of course I never said that facts were unimportant. I disparaged you for not making the effort to equip yourself with the facts before making a fool of yourself by questioning whether the BNP were really racist thugs.

No, you're an idiot to not bother checking your facts before questioning whether the BNP are indeed racist thugs, which is an entirely different thing. Perhaps the more sensible line of enquiry (should you want to have avoided causing offence) would have been something like "I'd never heard that the BNP were racist thugs. Could you tell me a bit more about this please?". Instead, the manner of your question (the well argued and tactful "How do you know that?"), suggested that you were dismissing the notion of the BNP being racist thugs, and the implication was that I didn't know what I was talking about. Clearly, there was some doubt in your mind, or you wouldn't have challenged the statement at all.

I agree entirely. Which is why it might have been an idea to equip yourself with the facts before appearing to defend a far-right racist bunch of violent psychopaths. Type "BNP history" into Google. It's not hard.

20. Dizzy Man

Dizzy Man Member

Doktor,

I don't take offence to swearing, I take offence to people who attack me. You attacked me because I don't know much about the BNP.

Politics is not something I'm particularly interested in. The only parties I know anything about are Labour and Conservative. I wasn't aware of any Nazi organisations other than the Ku Klux Klan in America and the National Front in this country. I was vaguely aware of a BNP, but never heard their policies until the other night.

I only came to this thread because I saw the BNP broadcast on TV and I found it insulting to my intelligence. I'd also heard someone on TV say that many people think the BNP are racist, and I was curious to find out if that was just a myth or if there was any truth behind it. In my opinion, a lot of people are labelled "racists", when they are actually not.

For example, I don't consider it racist if a white man says he is only attracted to white women. That is personal taste. Nor do I consider it racist to make racial generalisations, when they are based on fact. It would be ludicrous to think that we are all identical after living in separate parts of the world for thousands of years.

I saw no racist undertones to the BNP's broadcast whatsoever. Race wasn't mentioned once. So I was curious to find out why they are considered racist. You seemed to have a strong opinion, so I asked you. Yes, I could look the BNP up on Google, but I always enjoy talking to people more, and many people love to share their knowledge. Since we're both on the same side (anti-BNP), I thought you wouldn't mind sharing your knowledge with me.

You have to try not let it get to you when you come across people who are uneducated in subjects you're passionate about. Not everyone cares about the same things as you. I've never been very interested in politics. I've never voted. I would vote for the Green party, but I know it would be a waste of my time since their supporters are such a minority.

I'm passionate about the English langauge. I find it annoying when people don't know how to spell really simple words. But I understand that not everyone is very well educated, and I don't chastise people for saying "could of", using the wrong spelling of "thier", or putting an apostrophe in "its". I don't tell them they are "spouting shite" in a language about which they know "precisely fucking zero". If someone asked me for the rules of comma usage, I would be happy to tell them.