BNP political broadcast...

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by JOsie, May 28, 2004.

1. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

What do the great british public say when a paedophile is caught ????

Think about sex education and http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,6903,1212734,00.html is that 'trendy' teaching or just a last ditch attempt to stop kids from doing what they will do whatever anyone says...

Having a media studies deploma is all well and good but it does not drive the economy in any way shape or form....

Well i am a vegeterian so any business driven by the death of animals is not right in my book.. Meat is not murder , but it's a horrible way to earn a living.

Again if you look at the news..most people don't want hidden cameras. Stupid as that is . Give the public what they want , you can't disagree with democracy.

No i won't comment on this...its not complete shit.. remember what mandela spent a lot of his 'aid' on.

I don't agree with most of the crap that i have just been trying to defend...as i said i will be voting Labour . Call me mad if you like , but if we want to play the blame game for all the problems in the world...were do we actualy start ????

2. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

This sums the problem up. You certainly can disagree with democracy! If you give the people what they want, you'd have a total fucking disaster! How qualified do you think the British people actually are to decide what's right and wrong? The reality is that we elect politicians to use their judgement, not to simply implement the will of the people. What the BNP do is to appeal to the lowest common denominator of public opinion.... all the base and nasty instincts that fuel hatred and division.

Me too. My point is that it's infantile to suggest that protectionism is going to magically replenish our fish stocks. Restore the British fishing industry to its former 'glory', and all you'll have is an empty sea.

So the fuck what? You don't create a better world through vocational education.

3. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

I agree this is the problem i have with the BNP and Respect . But we are supposed to be a democratic country , Give the people what they want. This is just madnes as most people don't think beyond how far they can see.

Right and wrong decisions are inevitable. Hindsight and wishfull thinking is just not the way to run a country.

:D I just hate the media thats all.. your right .

4. Claire

Claire Senior Member

1. The problems with the nationalised services were due to bad management. bringing them into a competitive environment forced BT etc to become sleeker. This could have been achieved as a national company if the government had set targets for the industries to work towards.

2. The middle income earners in our society are over taxed in my opinion. (mind you I am middle income:p )

3. Working in a privatised industry (utilities) I see first hand the shit we have had to put up with because of a weak trades union.

5. DoktorAtomik

I agree. But if you think that putting companies into the hand of trade unionists is gonna help make them sleeker, you're in for a nasty surprise! One of the reasons they were managed so badly in the first place was because of the grip the unions had.

As a middle income earner, I disageee. I think our tax money is just badly spent.

I couldn't agree more. I think employees need more protection, and unions need to have many of their rights restored. However, the point I objected to was the wholesale repeal of anti-union legislation.

6. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

Claire you can't avoid the other issues that have been brought up. In an ideal world i suppose Respect and the Green party would be alright to run things . Unfortunatly this is not how things are, your in a minority and thats probably a shame ... if we could get every one to think more rationaly maybe things would run smoother.

Your Anti war wich is fine...but taking that as a end point and working backwards is just crazy . Your just going to come to the same conclusions on everything.

7. Claire

Claire Senior Member

I am not avoiding any issues matthew... Dok seems to be summing up my views pretty well for the main part.

However, what questions would you like me to address and I shall answer them for you.:)

Love Clairexxx

8. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

Just your Anti war stance and why you ultimatly back the respect party... they just seem as single minded as UKIP and the BNP.

I just thought you were avoiding issues because you did not include any of the more touchy subjects within your posts thats all.

The Green party have a hidden agenda as well you know , they don't listen to reason either , its against there principles to actualy say okay we wrong . Take GM food they are never going to say that its a good thing whatever the scientific community say , wich is a bit stuborn don't you think. They have 2 heart bleeding arguements its bad for us , erm so is a lot of things that we need to actualy survive past the age of 45. Its bad for the enviroment...erm so is the rail network (people actualy wanted to ban the steam engine) but i bet you don't mind trains .

9. DoktorAtomik

Not really. Seems highly rational to me. Whatever the scientific community say, it's impossible to judge the impact of GM crops on the environment. No study can predict what will happen once they're in the wild. Given the potential consequences, the risk is far to great. And after all, what do they have to offer us? Do you really think GM crops are designed to help ordinary people, or do you not think that they're designed simply to increase the profits of multinational companies?

10. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

Prove that GM food is wrong and not worth looking into , what evidence do you have rather than it is against nature . Do you read the bible do you think that is right as well.

The dull arguement about 'big business' is ermm dull sorry. conspiracy is exciting i suppose , but its mostly based on fear.

Sure lets not have any old half arsed thing going on , but progress is better than stagnation.. organic farming and conventional farming can blight the landscape and have caused enviromental problems all of there own.

I just think when 'protestors are banging on abot 'save the whales' they don't also say 'save the salmon' and don't mind fishing ... that would take away jobs they would say...erm hypocrites.

what do you think
    http://www.futuragene.com/

11. Claire

Claire Senior Member

Well I am Anti the Iraq war for many reasons:

- The lies the war was based on (i.e. WMD's, humanitarian issues etc.)

- The people who are suffering in Iraq are civilians

- We are not bringing democracy to Iraq, we bring mainly big business take over

- The human cost of war

- The monetary cost of war ... $115,366,100,000 so far

- The hipocracy of tackling Iraq and doing fuck all about Palestine

I could go on but at the risk of writing an anti war essay!

UKIP only campaign on issues of the EU

BNP only campaign on issues the serve their racist agenda

RESPECT campaign on a broad range of issues which seek to benefit both the people in the UK and our international brothers and sisters too. They are an inclusive party

12. Claire

Claire Senior Member

Matthew why do you keep bringing up the bible? It has very little to do with this thread in my opinion.:confused:

GM food is not needed. We can produce enough food at a reasonable cost to feed the worlds population if we distributed it fairly.:)

13. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

You don't like death and destruction ( i don't mean to put words in your mouth)..anything that creates death and destruction you would be apposed to.

Your prety negative realy ....can't you see the good that will prevail in the end...

You just see whitewash and nothing more.

14. DoktorAtomik

Look dude, you're really on the borderline of making an asshole of yourself here. Firstly, you're putting words in my mouth which is always a bad start for a supposedly rational argument. I never used the words 'against nature'. The onus should not be on those opposed to GM crops to prove they're harmful, the onus should be on those who support them to prove that they're not. This is practically impossible due to the fact that any useful study would require us to investigate the impact of GM plants over a very long period. I'm not being reactionary and just saying "hey man, not natural so not nice". I'm judging that there's a huge risk involved. The point here is that in this instance, once these crops are unleashed, there's no going back. Fuck up, and we fuck up forever. Don't you think that deserves just a tad of caution? Why should we be rushing into this exactly? And what the fuck are you on about the bible for?!?

Thank you for dismissing my arguments as dull. I'm starting to wonder why I ever treated you courteously in the first place! It's hardly a conspiracy to suggest than private companies want to make money, is it? What the fuck's so crazy about that? Calling an argument 'dull' does not discredit it. It's an insult, not logic.

This is meaningless. There's no inherent rationale to your words. The atom bomb is progress. That doesn't make it a good thing

Think about what you're saying. Don't belittle other people's points of view just because you disagree with them.

15. Claire

Claire Senior Member

The path to Peace is not through war, this has been proven through history. recognising that is not negative to my mind. In fact I would consider myself a very positive person:)

I strive to see the whole picture at all times. Of course this is not always possible.

If you have some evidence you feel I am lacking to evaluate please inform me of it, I would appreiciate it:)

16. Paul

Paul Cheap and Cheerful

I personally believe that the immigration problem is one of logistics. It is just not practical to keep taking large amounts of immigrants into already overpopulated areas. This is more of a practical thing and not racist as I would also oppose mass immigration from everywhere including white anglo-saxon people.

If there was a war over here and we had to be evacuated, I'm sure we'd all agree that going to Cairo (an Islamic city with a population of 16 million) would not be practical. Far better to find a safe area that would not clash with anyone either economically or culturally.

I don't know the solution, the BNP don't have the answer but they do address the problem in a way that appeals to the masses, this is why they are now the fastest growing political movement in the UK.

The core issue with the BNP is race and immigration, they appeal to the everyday working man's anger and fear. People tend to not look beyond their own front doors and feed each other what they want to believe.

I'm happy to admit that I feel more comfortable when I am with people who I can relate to, whether culturally, through customs, language or whatever, regardless of ethnic origin. I don't think this makes me racist, just human.

I also think it's great that we have a nation that cares enough to help people who are suffering in other parts of the world. We might not get it right and we might not make everyone happy but we bloody well try our best.

However, the race hate behind the BNP is frightening. It takes away the rights of people to make choices for themselves. It pigeon-holes people and creates divisions where none exist.

I found this forum ... take a read and see the types of people who are in the BNP membership ~ not a very attractive bunch of people I'm sure you'll agree.

http://www.combat18.org/forum/

17. Dizzy Man

Dizzy Man Member

I saw the BNP advert. I'd heard bad things about the BNP, but I wanted to hear their arguments, so I watched it with an open mind, and tried to give them a chance.

I realised very quickly that the BNP's argument was seriously flawed. Immigration is a problem in this country, but the BNP are saying immigration is a problem because of Islamic fundamentalism! In other words, all immigrants are Islamic fundamentalists!

Huh?

The whole thing was totally stupid. The advert was introduced by a Muslim, who endorsed the BNP's policies, but the so called "Christian" who spoke after him was saying that all Muslims are bad!

I don't think the BNP are racist. There was nothing racist about the advert that I could see. The BNP are just stupid. The only people who would vote for such a stupid party are idiots.

18. showmet

showmet olen tomppeli

It is not mutually exclusive to be against the Iraq war and against Saddam Hussein's regime. To disagree with the war is not to say that nothing good will come of it - everyone welcomes the removal of Saddam from power. But the anti-war campaign questions whether going to war was the best thing to do under the circumstances. Directly causing tens of thousands of civilian deaths, possibly 100,000 Iraqi army deaths - many of whom were conscripts - for the second time in a generation and further devastating the country's economy and infrastructure. The war has worsened the security situation in Iraq, making civil war a clear possibility, making the country a welcome home for terrorists who were previously not able to operate, and perhaps making Iraq a lawless and far less safe place for at least the next few years. The "good that will prevail in the end" will almost certainly be the imposition of a puppet regime and a style of government which will probably have little legitamacy with the people of Iraq. Oh, and the privatisation of Iraq's oil industry, which is already in the hands of American companies.

Something good may come out of it, sometime, but I can't see anything yet or for years to come - it has just shifted from a bad, but stable, situation to a much worse crisis. Not to mention that the war was fought on the pretext of a lie.

19. showmet

showmet olen tomppeli

It should be noted here that immigration is a net gain to the economy; with an aging population, a skills shortage and a proportional lack of young workers we need immigration to keep this country going. Underlying the BNP's immigration policy is a clearly racist agenda, it doesn't even make economic sense.

20. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

ouch ... i just brought in the bible thing because what your both saying requires faith and the conclusion that your right.

I also mentioned that people thought the rail network would prove to be a disaster for us and the enviroment. Thay may have been right but things have been adjusted to accomodate this situation.

Sorry about that , but everytime i hear about this its either the destruction of the enviroment or big business , wich ofcourse is reasonable but big business only survive because we as consumers buy the products , your only as big as your customer base . If they were so wicked they would not survive , ok you can blame people like me for not giving a toss ( i do though) . It just seems a bit of a last ditch attempt thats all. And the enviroment is not as fragile as we always make out.

We also have nuclear power staions , thats progress i think.

Calling you a negative person was unfair sorry . Excluding war is admirable but great things were acheived after the great wars . I don't like innocent people dying and i can see the futility of it all but sometimes it is the right thing.

In your eyes is any war justified or justifiable ?.

All these types of partys cherry pick there ideals and also cherry pick the answers to there ideals.
    Once the honeymoon peroiod is over do you realy think that Respect would sustain this country. what happens if a conflict WAS justified would you still support there actions.

I was a little rude i know sorry .....