BNP political broadcast...

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by JOsie, May 28, 2004.

1. JOsie

JOsie Member

i thought it was shocking...it was clearly aimed at inciting some sort of uproar among morons who don't think to look beyond the tabloids for their facts...but unfortunately these people are the majority of the UK...

apparently "britain is under threat from muslim extremists that will lay down their lives for a cause they believe in"...some wanker went on about how the Qu'ran says that you should kill anyone who doesn't believe in your ideas and show them "how furious you can be"...he then went on to say, fair enough...the bible says similar things...but the bible has changed over the years...when clearly it hasn't...the bible has stayed exactly the same otherwise it would't be the true word of god...and the bible says just as many harsh things about smiting heretics and so on...but people just chose to ignore it...so couldn't the same be said equally of people who read and believe in the Qu'ran?

but yeah...anyway...did anyone else see this laughable piece of shit?

2. Spyder

Spyder La dah de dah

i heard about it, apparently it was a pile of wank, grrr bnp

3. akhc

akhc Member

there will always be a part of society that trades on the fears of people and tries to use that to manipulate things.. as long as the majority of people have the sense to see it for what it is then we will be fine.

still it doesn't mean we let them get away with doing their own thing.. we have to stand up to their rhetoric and make sure that there is always a more balance alternative view present for those they are trying to sway to their side.

4. kier

kier I R Baboon

slightly off topic, but has anyone heard of the english democrats?

i got a flyer through my door, they seem right wing...the green party is getting my vote, their mep is a lovely lady who got in last time round so hopefully will keep her seat :)

5. Paul

Paul Cheap and Cheerful

I had that flyer too ... looked at it and thought "What a pile of cack".

I won't be voting for anyone. In order for me to vote I have to believe in ALL of their policies. So far nobody has met my criteria, so I'll just stick with my anarchy for now. :)

6. showmet

showmet olen tomppeli

I'm with you on that. But can I ask you to consider going to the ballot box anyway and abstaining by spoiling your voting slip? I do think it's important to make clear the difference between not voting because of apathy and not voting because of protest. If they start getting more and more abstentions it will demonstrate that the system is not truly representative democracy and needs to change.

I wrote an impassioned defence of abstention here:
    http://www.hipforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3041&page=2

My own personal choice is to write shockingly rude words on the ballot paper. Be creative. :)

7. kier

kier I R Baboon

the back did make me laugh though, said something like "not left, not right, just english"....oh deary deary me :p

green or respect for me :)

8. Claire

Claire Senior Member

Yeh I'm voting RESPECT for European Elections and Green for the local (cos RESPECT aren't standing)

Love Clairexxx

9. Paul

Paul Cheap and Cheerful

I would do but I refuse to be on the electoral register. I know it's illegal but they've got to catch me first ;)

However ... I do have a voting card for someone who has never existed ;)

10. moominmamma

moominmamma Member

Hiya Showmet!

Back for a flying visit - don't want to disillusion you on the spoiling the ballot paper front, but Moominpappa has been doing this for twenty years, and his use of language can be most creative............. As it stands at the moment, he is getting dispirited with his protest as when we look up the election results, it always says "one spoilt vote", which in his words makes him sound like "an incompetent t**t". Actually he should be posting this I think, as I would never use a swear word like t**t, currently he fantasises about making voting compulsory with the option of "None of these"............

So I reckon if you are doing the spoilt ballot paper thing, you need others to join in so you don't look like the random drunk who mistook the voting booth for a public urinal

11. Claire

Claire Senior Member

Haven't seen it, but have read the reports on it. It is indeed laughable how prejudice people's arguments fall to pieces so easily in the light of facts and reason!

Check this programme out: http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/static/in_depth/programmes/2001/bnp_special/default.stm if you'd like to see (if you didn't know already:p) the BNP's real agenda!

Love Clairexxx

12. Iago

Iago Member

I shall abstain, forcebly foul myself in front of the ballot box, nail my voting slip to my hand and submit myself for the Turner prize.

13. Summertime

Summertime Member

It worries me how many people will be taken in by the BNP.....

Summer. xx.

14. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

I watched the BNP broadcast . i am not convinced by them . I have also looked at the respect website , and thought that was a pile of horse manure as well. I could actualy see were the BNP was coming from .

http://www.bnp.org.uk/ they are filled with the type of non sense the respect crowd have .

http://www.respectcoalition.org/ these people do not live in the real world.

I was more scared by the respect point of view than anything the BNP had to say.

Get your head from up your ass and vote for Labour...http://www.labour.org.uk/ :p

As for the bible well.... http://religion.rutgers.edu/iho/dss.html please thats a work of fiction and harping on about it is just madness... I read here that just because people beleive in it does not make it fact. wich makes sense to me.

15. Claire

Claire Senior Member

Hi, Just a few questions on your post

1. What specific policies of the BNP do you relate to?

2. What specific policies of RESPECT scare you?

3. In your opinion, why should we vote labour?

Thanks Clairexxx

16. showmet

showmet olen tomppeli

Now there's an idea!:D

17. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

Some problems I have with Respect:

Idiotic. Privatisation was a bloody mess, and an excuse to create bags of money for the city fat-cats. Try and reverse it wholesale though, and you'll destroy the British economy overnight. I predict an investment exodus and a run on the pound within minutes of this being announced.

Also, let's not forget that a number of companies have actually benefitted from privatisation. If you think BT's bad now, you should try and remember what it used to be like when it was a nationalised industry! Four week waiting times to get a line installed! They were a nightmare!

It would be far more sensible to promote the re-nationalisation of essential services such as railways. It would also be more sensible to do this by aquiring majority shareholdings in the companies in question rather than just dragging them back into the public fold with the sledgehammer of nationalisation.

Ideological and reactionary. I believe there's plenty of scope for increasing the tax burden on higher earnings, but the statement above is childish. If you have a taxation policy, lay it out clearly. "Tax the rich" is just a simplistic leftist slogan.

Ha! Thatcher fucked the unions right over, and there's no disputing the fact that workers' rights have suffered as a result. But repeal all the anti-union laws?!?! Fuck, I remember what it was like back in the day, and the unions were a bunch of gready money-grabbing yobs who had the country in a stranglehold. They were more interested in preserving their own power base rather than helping their members. Thatcher certainly fucked the miners, but Scargill and the NUM lent her a helping hand.

That's just for starters.

18. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

Claire the anti war arguement scares me from beleiving anything respect have to say.. The world they live in is just anarchy .

They work from the idea that they are right and anything that does not go along with there point of view is wrong. Its a static point of view and does not take into account the changing face of the real world.

Public ownership of the railways...we can bang on all day as to what went wrong there , but how would public ownership benefit us . Not having vital work done on bank holidays i suppose.selfish.

Minnimum wage £7.40 what rubbish. No offense but if i am cleaning toilets or if i am a fireman , surely wages should reflect what i am doing. £7.40 is to high and would cripple the economy very quickly.

That seems to have been added to keep a demographic happy. Do you undrstand what they mean..

BNP

http://www.bnp.org.uk/policies.html

Apart from there view on europe they don't have backward thinking.

None of these have progresive points of view...and a protest vote for either is not on my mind. I am voting for Labour and not being blinded by fuzzy thinking and partys pandering to my own utopian worldview.

19. showmet

showmet olen tomppeli

What the fuck are you on? These people are a front for fascists and neo-Nazis.

No backwards thinking? How about:
    "an immediate halt to all further immigration"
    "clamp down on the flood of ‘asylum seekers’, all of whom are either bogus or can find refuge much nearer their home countries"
    "restoration of capital punishment for paedophiles, terrorists and murderers"

You say the BNP make a lot of sense to you and yet you're prepared to vote Labour? I doubt Labour has gone so right wing that they've attracted right wing ideologues whose nearest other option would be the BNP. Something very fishy here!

20. DoktorAtomik

DoktorAtomik Closed For Business

The BNP are a bunch of racist thugs trying to adopt the sheeps clothing of a real political party. Don't be fooled. Oh yeah, and they're fucking stupid, too.

I mean, just look at this shite!

Corporal punishment?!? So public beatings for petty criminals?!? Way to fucking go! And hey, most paedophiles are were themselves abused as children.... so let's execute them!

Kiss your economy goodbye.

'Trendy' is always an easy label to apply to something with which you don't agree, when you lack the intellect to actually provide an argument to support your case.

Turn schools back into job-farms rather than places of education. Right ho.
    Ha! The reason it's no longer great is because THERE ARE NO FUCKING FISH LEFT, RETARDS!!!!!

*yawn* Yeah, let's turn the roads into death traps. But hey, it's popular, so what the hell......

Do I even need to comment on the absurdity of this?

I can't even be arsed continuing. I feel polluted from just reading this shite.