Blue states secede!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Kilgore Trout, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Kandahar

Kandahar Banned

This is why I do not want to be part of the same country as Texans.

2. jesuswasamonkey

jesuswasamonkey Slightly Tipsy

Over-reacted? How would you react if someone told you you were less of a human being because of where you happen to live? Sorry, but I don't put up with arrogant pricks, and I don't mince words. It's a wild west thing.

3. jesuswasamonkey

Yeah, assholes really hate it when the people they are being assholes to tell them what assholes they are.

4. miami musician

miami musician Senior Member

i actually saw a report somewhere, don't have the link now, that showed the literacy rates of all states and ranked them. all the blue states were on the top, with the red states at the end of the list. i didn't say it, the stats people did.

5. Kandahar

Kandahar Banned

Right. So if we're two separate countries, I can continue to be a wonkish political buff, and you can continue to be a cowboy, without either of us telling the federal government that the other is wrong.

Wouldn't that be a good thing? The resulting governments would necessarily be more localized, so if the Blue States seceded, your government would be more comprised of people who share your, um..."Texas spunk."

(and as for the "civilized" comment...you referred to your region of the country as the "Wild West" yourself.)

6. miami musician

you know there would be some serious disadvantages to becoming two countries... the people in the west and north would have to pay RIDICULOUS amounts for tobacco, and the people in the south would have to pay much more for cars and such, with detroit being a huge manufacturing city. in fact, most of the manufacturing cities are in the north i think.

7. Kandahar

Kandahar Banned

Not if the two nations agreed to some sort of free-trade pact, such as both of them being part of NAFTA.

8. miami musician

what about culture? losing LA, new york, philadelphia, boston... the south would have nothing really but nice beaches... and nashville...

9. jesuswasamonkey

Political buff? Puh-lease, you are just a pundit like so many others. Not liking Bush makes you no more of a political buff than not liking the Backstreet Boys makes me a music buff. Besides, you still have every right to be a pundit, or even a political buff if you would toss the punditry, without starting another civil war.

10. Kandahar

Kandahar Banned

No civil war would be necessary. You Texans could let us go peacefully. While I can't say for sure, I doubt that even the most Texan of Texans wants to fight a war against other Americans.

11. jesuswasamonkey

Lets not forget about agriculture.

12. miami musician

well there are alot of farms in PA and WI, and IL... MN has its fair share too. :)

13. element7

element7 Random fool

Honestly, I think the whole red state/blue state thing is a big load of shit. I mean c'mon, are we all really that simple minded? If so then let's just resort to a sticker system. Instead of states we can all paste little red or blue dots to our forehead and ignore those without stickers because they're just not playing the game right. Of course those of us who want to be renegade could get one of each and paste em to each ass cheek.

14. jesuswasamonkey

Oh c'mon man, red state, blue state is the only politically correct bigotry left. Without that people would have to just judge each other on individual merit.

15. miami musician

i could've sworn more conservatives push the red vs. blue thing more than these "left" people you speak of. ever watch cable news and how they're always talking about how the country is divided? i think they have much more power than people like us on hippie message boards.

16. jesuswasamonkey

Well, I can't exactly say that I trust cable news. Judging from my own personal experiences, I would have to say that many on both sides are guilty of petty bigotry and vicious bickering, which pisses me off regardless of who they voted for.

17. element7

element7 Random fool

Seems these days, 'cable news' is an oxymoron. It's too bad really that it does cause so much b.s. strife over something which is mostly fabricated in the first place (the red/blue thing for starters). It's unhealthy for the average citizen, quite beneficial for those in power (whether they be red or blue). Robbing people of individuality and dividing them against each other is an age old tactic. Give people something to rally around, point them in the direction of the other people, sit back and watch.

18. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Senior Member

I wonder if the south would bring back the confederate flag? :X

19. Kandahar

Kandahar Banned

For those of us who support secession, the red/blue state thing is important because it would give the nation a geographical boundary. Of course it's not perfect, but it makes more sense than trying to secede where my house and the guy down the street are part of one nation, but my two next-door neighbors are part of the other.

20. Co0kiezGurl

Co0kiezGurl Banned

Wow...some of you guys are REALLY fucking narrowminded about the South aren't you?

*sigh* Yes we're all the same down here. Lets not even pay attention to the reality that even the south was pretty evenly split. No...we're all fundie morons who believe in no choice and belive that Bush was sent by God....yep...that's us :/

Secession is an idiotic idea. Much more trouble than it's worth...especially on the basis of this red/blue state bullshit.