Bloody semen

Discussion in 'Sexual Health' started by Oldiebutgoodie, May 13, 2018.

1. Oldiebutgoodie

Oldiebutgoodie Members

A bit of history:

My wife first noticed the bloody semen dripping out of her vagina after sex and thought the blood was hers. She also cannot stand the taste of blood, the give away that it was not hers.

I am into my 7th decade. I've been in a monogamous marriage for 28 years (my second go-round). My knees are shot to hell. My doctor recommended bilateral knee replacement. I'm 5'11", 165 lbs so cannot loose weight to help.

We have sex about twice a week. I think my bloody semen issue was related to my excessive intake of non-steroidal drugs. I had been on 15 mgs of Mobic (meloxicam) a day for a few years and added 400 mgs of Advil three times a day (way less than the prescription strength of Advil (ibuprophen) about 6 months ago. My knees felt a little better taking both of these at the same time.

I quit the ibuprophen and after about 2 weeks, no more bloody semen. It seemed to take a while for all the old semen to get out of storage, so to speak. It has been roughly three months since there was any sign of bloody semen.

My research has indicated an idiopathic occurrence of bloody semen in men and could be, but most times is not an indication of the big "C". Before the bloody semen was discovered, I had a bit of blood after blowing my nose once and a bit of blood on the toilet paper once. The bloody semen was the deal breaker for stopping the ibuprophen.

I'm not going in for a big workup of this unless it re-occurs, so no advice on this please. At my age, stuff happens. If I was 20 or 30 with small kids I'd be more aggressive in my pursuit of a definitive diagnosis. There is no blood now.

Has anyone else had this?

2. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

My situation is most likely different, but I had some specks of blood in my semen several years ago from training my sexual stamina in an incorrect way. Actually, this was also during a strange period of time where I was battling depression. It was a girl-related issue that I was having at the time that made me unable/hyper-reluctant to orgasm. so I did not ejaculate for two months or so. But for some reason, I still masturbated. I just did not allow myself to ejaculate, and I chose a wrong method to do that.

The way I did it back then was to really squeeze my PC muscles like my life depended on it as soon as I approached the point-of-no-return, while continuing to stimulate my penis. After two months of doing this, I was emotionally ready to allow myself to ejaculate, but when I did, there were red spots in my semen. That actually fucked with my head a bit, like I felt like a failure as a man with a crippled dick of some kind. Turns out, I might have popped a blood vessel in my reproductive system somewhere when I was repeatedly using my PC muscles to ride out my orgasms for an extended period of time. First thing I did was to avoid masturbating altogether for ten days or so, and allowed whatever it was that got injured to heal with time. I also completely abandoned the dangerous method of building stamina. Still, it took me over a year until I was completely free of blood in my semen, as it would come and go from time to time.

All this initially happened when I was in my mid-30's. I am in my early 40's now and I see no bloody specks in my semen any more. However, I have also heard that this is common especially in older men as well, so I do catch myself fearing from time to time that I might see blood in my semen again at some point in the future. I guess if it happens again, it happens again.

3. Flash73

Flash73 Guest

If you are prescribed and take prostate reducing meds and or meds to ease urine flow it can result in blood in the semen. Some pain relievers thin the blood and can also cause it. Stopping the medication for a period will sometimes clear it up, but that can create its own problem. See you doctor and maybe he can help.

4. Barry Thrift

Barry Thrift Members

Hi yes had this same problem, it just went away by its self and what I read up about it was, leave it few days and see if it goes away and it did.

Its caused by a small vain get nicked gets nicked and away it goes, sends lots of guys running to the doctor in the tube that carries urine and sperm, its no big problem clears by itself and it just goes.

5. Barry Mandelay

Barry Mandelay Banned

If your passing blood in your semen it's time to see a doctor about it. Nobody on an internet forum can give a proper diagnosis based on their experience. They can give sound medical advice though. Here's mine. See a urologist.

6. Jason1231

Jason1231 Members

While the post was dated 3 years ago, you should all know that blood in the semen could be a sign of testicular cancer. That is very serious and you'll lose a ball, but you'll be able to run on the other.