Bloody Mary

Discussion in 'Writers Forum' started by Flannelwearin'gal, May 12, 2007.

1. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

As its by a 13 year old I think my comments are really restricted by the fact it probably appeals to other 13 year old girls. My tastes dont really go much beyond stories about the destruction of political systems subversion of ideologies and criminal behaviour. Oh and a bit of sci fi

To be honest I got about three paragraphs in and couldnt bear the thought that I might be missing something on TV

2. White Scorpion

White Scorpion 4umotographer

That's alright, Ronald. That goes to show you have different tastes. What I will say to anyone reading this thread, however, is do not undervalue the contribution any human being has to make in this forum.

As a fellow writer, I want to promote a healthy attitude towards creativeness across the world, and I hope others will join me.

A young writer, even one as young as 13 has just as much validity in here as someone who is in the twilight of their years of say 100+.

The young writer may not have the skill, and know-how of a more experienced writer, but that doesn't mean that this is an olympic track for want-to-be authors.

Far from it, I would like to encourage our regular contributors to feel free in giving advice, and critique to all new guests and, perhaps, passing on some knowledge.

The aforementioned story about "Mary" was IMHO a bit plain, but nevertheless interesting, and I enjoyed reading it. Ronald is quite correct in pointing out that it is apparent that it was written by a young person, but let us not forget that one of the world's best selling books was also written by a young girl, very similar in age: Anne Frank's Diaries.

I would like to see more contributions here, and good honest opinions, too.

New writers, bear in mind that if someone didn't like a particular work of yours, it doesn't mean the end all and be all.

Find out where you went wrong, pehaps it was just a matter of acquired taste, or maybe it was something more technical. We are all here to benefit, so be strong and persevere if you want to be great.

Thank you.