Bloodbath at Virginia Tech

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, Apr 16, 2007.

1. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

I'm not sure who said this, someone from the school board but it pissed me off enough that I cussed the television. He said " after every incident we reevaluate the situation and the way we responded." Honestly I thought that was a bullshit remark. You're suppose to make sure things are safe beforehand. And obviously they weren't. That gunman wouldn't have been able to get across that huge campus unless there was an issue with security. Honestly, I go to a small community college and we always have officers and even "security" driving around all the time.... this should not have happened.

2. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

...and this is coming from you? The king of all-talk no action.

3. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

Now be nice, he probably heard Abbie Hoffman say that on video.

4. Posthumous

Posthumous Resident Smartass

Rat thinks the squirrels are conspiring against him.

5. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I'm sorry, but that's completely wrong.

There is no security in the world that could prevent someone from hiding a gun around a campus... if there was, then we would be living in Pressed_Rat's police state dream.

It is impossible to stop one of thousands of students who is plotting murder before he does it... and I'm glad that it's impossible... I would rather be shot than live in a world where security is so intense that every person is searched for a weapon on the street.

This is the same logic that is used in the Patriot Act... believe me, you can have a million security measures... but if so called "terrorists" really want to strike, then nothing will stop them from doing it... no stupid airport security, no stronger immigration laws... nothing.

If a person is determined to kill in such a huge society as the US, that person will kill. He will get caught and killed himself, but he will kill... and there is absolutely nothing one can do about this other than build a complete police state, and thanks the Jesus that this isn't happening.

6. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Nah, Matt thinks that Hoffman was a tool of the system, together with every other person on earth other than him and a few other consiracy theorists.

They live in true freedom, the system can't oppress them into a life of submission! They celebrate this by sitting at home all day and drinking beer, ahh.... the greatness of freedom!

7. Zoomie

Hey dammit, I drink beer too, but I don't think Halley's Comet was a construction of the Hoover Administration...

8. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I sit at home all day? C'mon, Pavel, you are in these forums almost 24/7.

9. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

And I think that??

Wow, you sure are good at pulling shit out of your ass. That explains why you're in your 40s and spend all your free time in a forum socializing with teenagers.

Dumbass.

10. Zoomie

Hey it was spur of the moment. And you responded didn't you?

Now who's the dumbass, dumbass?

11. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Very true, (other than the 8 hours of the day in which I sleep, and the 8 hours of the day in which I work)... that leaves me with 8 hours of quality forum time... with my other activities, lets say that I'm on and off the computer for 6 hours, since I always have it on. You must also realise, that these forums are practically my only access to the outside world right now, being that I chose to live in the middle of nowhere. If I had the means to go out and the people to go out with, then I wouldn't be posting on these forums... per example... I didn't post on these forums when I was in college, because I had better things to do...! Aha! Yes! Yes! I'm beginning to see the light! Oh I'm beginning to see the light!

But, at the same time... you have been posting on these forums for years upon years upon years upon years upon years upon years... so, that same argument can also be used against you.

Anyhow Matt, you must realise that I'm joking around with you more than anything, don't take me too seriously :)

12. Zoomie

Frankly I'd have been more upset if someone compared me to Tony Robbins...

13. Shane99X

Shane99X Senior Member

you egocentric idiots.

people are dead.

dont compare one tragedy to the last one or the next one.

dont compare death in america to death in iraq.

dont bitch about gun control or violent games or godless culture or....

mothers and father, brothers and sisters aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, lovers.

Are lot of people are dead and a lot of people are grieving.

why cant we discuss about what we ALREADY KNOW it is.

a loss for all involved and the worst day of a lot of lives.

To all those who've lives have been changed forever: my prayers are with you tonight.

14. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Are you grieving this too:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/04/16/winkler.trial.ap/index.html

and this:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/04/16/iraq.main/index.html

and this:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/04/16/gaza.journalist/index.html

and this:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/04/16/india.poaching.reut/index.html

and this:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/15/arson.murder/index.html

?

15. Shane99X

Shane99X Senior Member

reread post

i'm not grieving but a lot of friends and families are.

in all those news stories.

dont forget, to them it's not a story, it's their lives.

compassion is universal and without strings.

dont compare one death to another, they're all tragic.

16. Zoomie

The last time I checked, death was the same everywhere. After, you're still dead. All the people who love you are grieving. So what's the difference where it is?

EDIT - And why are you not still blocked?

17. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

All deaths are tragic, sure...

But my problem is that the media dictates what you are supposed to grieve and feel sorry and terrible about and what you are supposed to just plainly accept.

...and that is wrong.

18. Shane99X

Shane99X Senior Member

exactly.

which is why it pisses me off when i see or hear comments like:
    tasteless

19. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Which is exactly my point... yes, death is death everywhere and it's always sad and people always die.

So why should one person's (or 32, for the matter) death be so important and global while another's so miniscule and invisible?

If death is death, and all death is terrible... then why is the media going to hound these deaths and make a global story for years out of it (which they will, this is "The biggest school shooting ever", after all)... while when the same amount of people (Americans or not) die somewhere else they just have a little one day story which doesn't even make headlines?

20. Shane99X

Shane99X Senior Member

and your reaction is controlled by the media?

media says do this or feel that and you do it, or dont do it based what the media says/dosnt say?

your helpless and forced to watch the 24/7 coverage?

who cares? its beside the point.

its the thing in and of itself that is terrible, regardless of how youd wish the media to act or not act.

so fuck the media and the politics and the talking heads.q

how do you feel what happened today(not how do feel compared to what happened over in x, y, z).

just be genuine, it's not hard once you practice it a couple times.