Bloodbath at Virginia Tech

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, Apr 16, 2007.

1. pink floyd

pink floyd carousing&ransacking

Okay, I believe you, but you should have been more clear before.
    You're off the hook.. :p
    I guess us "with it" Americans are just hyper-defensive because it feels like so many people from other countries are spiteful toward America, and we get grouped together and judged with the rest of the ignorant masses.
    If everyone just killed their TVs this wouldn't be so much of a problem...

2. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

How so?

I'm curious.

3. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

rapid, thoughtless, patriot act style changes. decisions made during a tragedy are rarely good ones.

4. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I dunno, the news did a little teaser about it while I was eating
    I didn't stick around to hear the actual story
    but there were guards walking around with automatic rifles and shit =/

5. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

that's because they are spiteful towards americans. the american white male isn't the only bigot on the planet. *sigh* we're all assholes.

6. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I personally love Americans, even the most ignorant ones as individuals. It's just a problem when all the ignorant people in a country mass together and are so easily led by such a biased thing as the media... yet again, this is not a problem soley in America, it is a problem in many places... the majority of the American population just has a very unique way of reacting to this kind of things... it is way too sheltered.

Anyhow, yes... TV is bad to a certain extent. I used to be completely against TV, but honestly... you just can't hate on beautifully educational channels such as Discovery, History, etc. (...and I love to watch basketball :D)

7. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

You see, that's what bothers me. Not necessarily the media coverage of the event, but the reaction that such a media-dependent and influenced population has to such a thing.

The people are, possibly subcounciously, but willingly giving the media the power to dictate their lives.

8. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

You don't think they're going to use this to basically turn college campuses across the country into virtual prisons? They will. Armed guards, cameras everywhere, biometrics, metal detectors, etc..

Not to mention the increased gun control legislation they are going to put forward, which will target everyone, including law-abiding citizens who cherish their 2nd Amendment right to own firearms for personal protection.

Everything is heading in that direction as it is.

9. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

agreed, minus teh dumb american bit, as i must be a dumb canadian.

honestly, if you dont want to hear about it, turn off your tv and disconnect your internet. the media is what it is. either try and effect some real change or stfu

10. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

You see, I don't believe that it will be that extremist... but I do suspect that you are at least partially right... and that is exactly what bothers me about all of this.

11. pink floyd

pink floyd carousing&ransacking

Honestly I'm really jaded on human murder because, like someone else said, population control. As a biologist I feel that I see humans in a different light than most people... sort of like descructive spores taking over the planet.. yet I have to deal with the fact that I am one. *shrug*

And as far as Discovery and History specials.. they could always do straight to DVD. :D
    One of my favorite passtimes is watching BBC nature specials on DVD. Gotta love David Attenborough! hahah..

12. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I have always believed that human kind is the biggest parasite on earth, but just like you... I have to deal with being one...so I just try to ignore this notion... it isn't productive to think of yourself as a parasite.

Anyhow... I agree, people could watch them on DVD... but these shows would have never been created if there wasn't any large scale demand (the kind of demand that only television can provide).

13. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

I'm the opposite to jaded on human murder

I didn't realize it was such a shocking act when I was younger, now it freaks me out

14. texasmade3

texasmade3 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

edit* i didnt see that someone corrected the number of people killed (31). but yeah. I think its a pretty sad thing that a guy runs up in a college and kills all of those people. I hope he rots in hell.. or wherever

15. umm...ya

umm...ya over joyed!

I don't think that this will cause as much of a wide spread panic as the highschool shootings did. It is very sad what happened but it was isolated. It should not cause a country wide panic and changes. As it is most colleges and Universities run on a tight budget and I don't think that students would go along with the changes. Schools have to stay mindful of the fact that 99% of the students are adults and that they have rights and schools can't take those right away from them.

16. texasmade3

texasmade3 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

^ i agree with you there

17. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

Pavel, you're my hero of the week.

The problem here is this, folks. We are machines. Smart machines, true, but machines nonetheless. Every once in a while one of us has a short circuit and takes a few (ok, 31) of us out. Shit happens. That's much more explainable than war (OK, maybe not to the parents of those who were killed but that's a special circumstance). War has no viable explanation, no excuse, no justification.

And then there are fuckheads who run around screaming "DON'T TRUST THE MEDIA! DON'T TRUST THE GOVERNMENT! DON'T TRUST THE NEOCONS! DON'T TRUST EXXON! DON'T TRUST THE CLOWN ON THE CORNER HANDING OUT RED BALLOONS! And of course when something tragic and wasteful like this happens they are the first ones to scream "WHO IS RESPONSIBLE???"

Fuckheads who help create a cult of paranoia and then want someone's head when shit goes down and there's no way to blame anyone in authority. Fuckheads who meander through life pointing their fingers at everyone but because they show up for a rally or a demonstration now and then and stand on a corner watching so they won't get into trouble, think they know all there is to know about how the world works. Very small catalysts who think they effect change but all they really do is alienate rational people and eventually rise to become people like Jim Jones, Rev. Moon, Marshall Applewhite, Tony Robbins and L. Ron Hubbard. They flaunt their arrogance and prey on the fact that they truly believe that the majority of the masses are mindless sheep who simply need direction. And they have that direction...

I think we all know who I'm talking about.

18. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

So if humans are parasites, why haven't you done the earth a favor, wrapped your lips around a .44 and pull the trigger?

Talk is cheap.

19. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

I forgot to add these small-minded people tend to incite violence.

20. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Human life is valued diferently in diferent places, There is a very high value
    placed on human life in the US.