Blind Melon Rocks!

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Dark Star, May 10, 2004.

1. PITPAT

PITPAT Member

i love blind melon. so many great songs. no rain used to make me sad. i think my favorites are:i wonder, galaxie, and skinned, toes across the floor, life aint so shitty, walk, mouth full of cavities, tones of home.... their version of the pusher is awesome too. i think i'll have to put on one of their cd's now that you mention it.

2. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

Wow, i kind of feel patheti cause im the only one here who hasnt even heard of Blind-Melon.

3. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

Tones Of Home is my all time BM fave!! I used to have pics of Shannon all over my room, I was so obsessed. He will be missed.. He is definately on my favorite singers list..............................

I had a few tapes that all wore out form me playin em over and over so much so I had ta break down and go get the cds :)

4. SeveredNebula223

SeveredNebula223 Member

Well, if you want to get technical, then he "killed himself". But then we can get "technical" and say that car crash victims killed themselves.

It was an unintentional drug overdose. It happens. I know what thats like.

And Kurdt Cobaine killed himself. If I had a mind like his, I would've too.

5. Dark Star

Dark Star Member

alright enough with the suicide and killing ones self argument...bottom line...he over dosed on cocain...ok...anyways i love BM so much i cant get enough of them. and yea...3's a magic number is awsome and the pusher is freaking awsome. i like walk and i LOVE change...also has anyone heard "All that i Need"....dude that first part when the guitar plays then he says "All that i need is the air that i breathe, and all that i need are things that i need, and all that really matters are what matters to meheheee...and who of you are like me.." i love that...gah! its freaking insane the way it makes me feel :)

6. SeveredNebula223

SeveredNebula223 Member

"All that I need is the air that I breath, and all that I need are all things I DONT need"

Im so anal about song lyrics.

But I love that fucking song!

I love Blind Melon, but there are times that I cant listen to them. But it all just depends on how I interpret the songs.

7. Dark Star

Dark Star Member

whoa! hahaha yea i listened to it again and it did say DONT need so yea good call lol yea that song rocks everyone listen to it!

8. SeveredNebula223

SeveredNebula223 Member

Rock on fellow Melon Head! :p

9. SunFree

SunFree Member

AH! You're right!! What was I thinking?? I was in the school library when I wrote that...must have been getting to my head? Forgive me, Blind Melon heads and Sublime-ites!

But it's still sad about Lou Dog.

10. Dark Star

Dark Star Member

yea they are simply amazing....and thats a magic number hehehe

11. Caitlin

Caitlin Member

Shannoon Hoon not only sings to my soul with his beautiful voice, but is (was..) one of the most gorgeous people I have ever seen...

All I can say is that my life is pretty plain...I like watchin the puddles gather rain...*dances around*

12. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

yeah I know! that's the best song! lol and a sweet bee video

13. Fizzyliftingdrink

Fizzyliftingdrink Member

Blind Melon is my all time favourite band. The Self Title CD was the first CD that I ever owned. It's ALL so good.
    I hate it when people ask me what my favourite band is, and I say Blind Melon, and they say, They only had one good song. Whatever, they only had one Radio song, but many, many GREAT songs.
    I feel that there is meaning behind every note that is played. I love listening to thier CDs all the way though, every time I do, I find something new. Sometimes it's a new sound, or it can be a new feeling that is evoked.
    I couldn't listen to them for a while because I had a friend who I always drove around and listened to Blind Melon with and we would sing and then we would say what we thought the songs were about. Well she passed away, and it really hurt to listen to the songs that we loved, but now I can listen to them, and they bring on whole new meanings for me.
    I wish that everyone knew all their songs, instead of just "no rain", which is an excellent song, but there are so many other GREAT, TOUCHING, EMOTIONAL, SPIRITUAL songs that they made in their short time.

Thank you.

14. Caitlin

Caitlin Member

lol yea man!

15. Dark Star

Dark Star Member

so true. thats something that frustrates me as well.. and the same with pink floyd....man....i swear if i hear one more time "oh they made the wall song right" ah! its one song they know! and thats Another Brick in The Wall...ok...its a good song but its DEFINATLY not there best one. just goes to show how the music that we love is ours..and that we should feel special because we are the ones who are experiencing all the goodness of these songs that know one else knows of. and its allways great to have someone with you that have only heard a few songs by that artist and they get so inspired by the music because you play an even better song by that artist they only thought had "a few good songs"..i love that

16. peaceloveandmusic

peaceloveandmusic Member

Uhhuh. My favorite blind maelon song is either drive,or tones of home.

17. imagining

imagining Member

woot! blind melon thread! kewl..i don't think i have a favorite o.o but i do have a soft-spot for skinned..i think its cause it has that different sound from the rest and the kinda creepy vibes behind it..

18. NikkiLou6387

NikkiLou6387 ~peace~

it's actually shannon hoon. and i dont think he killed himself, didnt he o.d.? and yes blind melon kicks complete ass. you can also hear shannon on the guns n roses track "dont cry" he and axl were great friends, which surprises me bc shannon kicked ass but axl is an asshole.

19. NikkiLou6387

NikkiLou6387 ~peace~

then why did he say he was gonna kill himself at the age of 27 just like jimi hendrix since he was 14? why did write songs about suicide? why did he attempt it and fail because courtney love found him and saved him? a ton of people in kurts family committed suicide. it's in his blood. he was too good for this world. and anyone who doesn't know that he committed suicide is in denial.