Blair Witch 2..

Discussion in 'Movies' started by mystical_shroom, Aug 16, 2005.

1. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

This has to be the lamest movie ever..
    I saw it for the first time this weekend and was left a feeling of being extremely grateful that I didnt spend money on it...
    It was a horrible sequal and put the original to shame..
    I didnt quite understand most of it and left me feeling dumber then I was before I watched it...
    Anyone agree or anyone like it..cause maybe then you can help me out cause Im still stupified by it..heh

2. Sesen

Sesen Member

I thought it followed in the footsteps of its predecessor, they were both horrible.

3. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

so I guess thats a negatory that you didnt like the first one :D

the first was good, I liked it (haha shut up) but this one, ive wipped my ass with better..heh
    I just got lost and didnt understand half of it (again maybe that was just me)

4. bonoboy

bonoboy Member

I had it on VHS...The secret of esrever and all that...LMAO...I watched it once and then sold it to somebody on Amazon for £4.99 plus P&P which was more than I paid for it...The chap that acquired it from me was more than happy with it and left me positve feedback...It was total cack, but then I should have realised that after I watched the original...which I again thought was absolute cack...If you want a real life scare, pray for the day you wake up, go to take a bath and find that an 8 legged lodger rather on the large size has taken up residence in the tub...:eek: it's scarey and it's free...
    Interesting fact, they say that there are around 3000 spiders in the average uk household, and also that the average human will consume as many as 100 spiders in their lifetime whilst asleep...This occurring as the spider crawls across your face and enters into your mouth, which then you instinctively chew and swallow whilst totally unaware...So basically any film with spiders in is good with me...except spiderman...That was cack...:)

5. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

hahaha i loved your post :D thank you for that...
    So, you didnt like the first one either...
    What I dont understand about the second one, is why was that one kid in the mental institution..they never went into that or anything..

you should see Kingdom of Spiders...its a spider movie with william shatner in it, it was made in 77..haha its pretty good..

6. Cold_Phusion85

Cold_Phusion85 Member

I didn't like them

7. bonoboy

bonoboy Member

I love captain Kirk...I shall endeavour to hunt that one down mystical shroom and watch it from behind the sofa with my phaser set to stun...thanks for the tip off...I mean ...Captain kirk and huge mechanical spiders? ( I am assuming that they are huge and mechanical ), both in the same film...It was things like this, that I was born to be a nerd for...I'm going to ebay and see if I can't bag myself a copy...

8. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

you didnt like the first one either :D man, no one does..heh

haha you must see it, its a classic..though they arent huge spiders but tarantulas(i spelled that so freaking wrong) its really good...

9. bonoboy

bonoboy Member

With my huge knowledge of spiders, I can assure you that your spelling of the word tarantula's is in fact correct...Maybe if they threw a few freakin' spiders onto the set of both Blair witch films...we would have enjoyed a more realistic and terrifying performance from the extremely wooden actors that took part...As the saying goes, "I can't tell the woods from the trees"...Meaning in the vernacular "What the hell is going on here"...

10. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

hahaha :D
    im shocked that I spelled it right..is it dorky that I was actually proud of myself for a second there..haha

Yeah, the acting was pretty bad in both those movies..the first one, the girl sorta got on my nerves from screaming so much and talking and talking and talking..
    and the second one..that one that said she was a wiccan was extremely annoying cause she kept talking about being a wiccan and it was just really confusing..
    Did you like the movie Arachnophobia?

11. White Scorpion

White Scorpion 4umotographer

Though the first film far from set the movie industry on fire, still it was a necessary breath of different air than the colostomy that is Hollywood. It had a naive charm, but still horror-making is probably the toughest genre to perfect.

Not only is the second film blatantly shit, but it also sold out on the original premise of the artists(used as a loose term) involved in its production and their lack to compromise to tedious studio comformities. The end result was a mish-mash of let's rush this through the cutting-floor whilst we're still a media item, before everyone forgets us.

Hopefully, as time is the great healer, we will forget this diarrhoea-ama whilst it resides where it truly desereves... at the bottom of the toilet, keeping company with all the cheeky British spiders that sneak into our mouths whilst us hard-working people sleep.[​IMG]

12. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

Yes, exactly..
    Thats what it was like, it was like it was made in a few days or something, the story was very confusing and it was all cut and mixed together...
    And how they didnt make it anything remotely like the first one..infact it was like the opposite..
    The first one was good cause it was different, it wasnt gory and slice and dice them.. it was more imagination scary ya know...
    Do you think they will make a third one? now that would be scary :D

13. bonoboy

bonoboy Member

I shall have you know I work bloody hard by day Mr scorpion, it is only at night when my body is in recovery after a hard day's yacker that my gob becomes a wonderous but inevitably fatal playground for any arachnids in the vicinity...

14. bonoboy

bonoboy Member

I hate spiders but I have to watch any film that has them as the main feature...I loved arachnaphobia, but I haven't gotten round to seeing eight legged freaks yet...which reminds me...I'm off to ebay to bag myself a copy of this one as well...Or Amazon...you can pick them up for about 50p there at the moment...I'd better mention The Blair witch films again as this is what this thread was originally about...Nope.....my opinion hasn't changed, they are both still a load of old cack...

15. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

That William shatner movie you will like, its a must see and when I saw it I really liked it and I am probably just repeating myself :D

They should have cliff notes for movies that were put together all choppy and confusing like.. I mean, the second confused me in the sense as to that guy that was in the mental instituion and about him.. and the different scenes how they just chop and throw them in there...I was extremely disappointed and blah..
    I still wonder if a third one will come out and such...

16. bonoboy

bonoboy Member

I only viewed both films on the one occassion...I can't really recall all the storyline, so I assume there wasn't one...otherwise I would remember...esrever?...LOL That was cack as well...I wanna see that shatner film though, I bet it's so bad it's good...

17. kif

kif Member

I liked both of the Blair Witch films. To each their own I guess.

18. bonoboy

bonoboy Member

I think that if they make a third Blair Witch movie...Tony's wife Cherie should be the focal point...Now she is a scarey woman...

19. kif

kif Member

I heard that there is going to be a BW3, straight to video, and its supposed to be a prequel about the origins of the witch (I forget her name in the films) or possibly about Rustin Parr and the child murders. Could be interesting if they go with both angles or possibly a timeline style movie leading up to the original movie.

20. bonoboy

bonoboy Member

I think the Directors of Photography and continuity for both the Blair Witch films should be made to camp out in the middle of some woods in the middle of the night with Jason Voorhees as host, sitting around a camp fire telling Horror stories about the one's that never made it through the night...Punishment enough for the drivel they imposed on the rest of us methinks...