BLACK WOMEN - Relationships with white men?

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by SeamusHeaney, May 26, 2006.

1. Suncatch22

Suncatch22 Member

I am personally colorblind, but others seem to have a weird way of assuming that just because I'm a white American that I must be racist, if not outright running around in a sheet at night. Ergo I find it sometimes hard to approach some people of dark skin, because I feel a vibe of hostility.

But when people are obviously comfortable around me, I am instantly comfortable back, regardless of color.

So why can't we all just forget this whole "race" thing? That may be a hippie thing, and I know all about the pride for heritage and all, beriously.

2. StaggerLee917

StaggerLee917 Member

So I was stoned and made a typo. Don't be an asshole.

And seeing as I live in a part of the country where hispanics outnumber whites by like 30%... I am well aware of the proper name for "them"

3. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

this thread is ridiculous :rolleyes:

4. leprechaun

leprechaun Member

i look at the colour but only as a purely physical thing it doesnt determine the person at all but a certain skintone may be more attractive then another.

5. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

color was never much of an issue to us, but it was to some of my family, who asked me odd questions I never expected. In my mind, our religious differences were much more likely to be a challenge. It has been very good for me that I did not even consider color as a quality when dating. My fiance is native indian, and I am the luckiest guy alive cuz she wants to be with me.
    There is one race, the human race.

6. Charise

Charise Naked to the Cosmos

Yea, exactly.

7. England

England Banned

There's a black gal at my workplace that I tend to talk to alot I'm 98% sure that she's attracted to me. Not a bad looking gal, near mixed-race but I couldn't do it. I know for sure that people would give me looks in the streets. I've never ever seen a black woman with a white guy.

8. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Black women as a whole aren't any more likely to find you any more or less attractive the women in general.

Some black women won't think you're their type for a variety of reasons, just like all women.

No reason to get intimidated by this. When I was a tad younger I dated a black woman for about 4 months, and it was pretty much the same as most relationships I've been in.

I'm not going to lie though, there are some kinda uncomfrotable reactions I got from people. Some black, mostly white. Although I was living in a predominantly white town.

my advice is to find someone you really like and not listen to idiots. If you want a black girl don't be afraid to go up to a black woman. Seducing all women is the same, you just got to have some confidence in yourself. [​IMG]

9. Dizzy Man

Dizzy Man Member

I recently watched an American TV show where a black woman was reunited with her white husband. A young guy looks shocked and says something like "He's white! I didn't see that coming!".

This kind of comment seems to typify American attitudes. Here in the UK, I don't think anyone would bat an eyelid. And we have a WAY larger white percentage than America.

10. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Good to see US attitudes in race relations are judged overseas by bad US tv.

11. Dizzy Man

Dizzy Man Member

No, it was good TV. Of course my perceptions of US people aren't based on fiction. The line in that show, to me, seemed quite representative of the attitudes of American people I've read on this and similar forums: the attitude that interracial dating is "an issue" of which people have "opinions".

I do hope my perception is wrong, and the TV show was badly written!

12. rasprophecy

rasprophecy Member

i clicked on this thread expecting to fuckin roast somebody for poppin off on some racial tip, but i encountered nothing... props to everyone who replied. I coincide with 90% of the replies here...

I fuck white girls, i fuck black girls, i fuck mexican girls, it really makes no difference...pussy is pussy, and people are people.

13. Rigamarole

Rigamarole Senior Member

It's refreshing to see that someone is open-minded here...

14. steveintn99

steveintn99 Member

well being from the south i myself see nothing wrong with dating who you want to but having female friends that are black its not the white people that say stuff to them about it its the black people that get onto them seams a little one sided that black men can date white women but let it be the other way and the black guys raise hell at the balck women.when i was in germany i had black girl friend she was great but she couldnt handle the presure that was put on her bye her black friends so she broke it off.

15. England

England Banned

I don't find black women attractive, they all look the same to me, but I find some mixed race gals stunning.

16. rasprophecy

rasprophecy Member

lol.. all white girls look the same to me.

17. rainbows`set`us`free

rainbows`set`us`free Member

I'm mixed race, and I don't really see color when I like somebody. But I live in a small town that's closed minded and racist, so I never even get asked out, and I've given up asking guys out because they don't like black girls. I think there is only maybe 3 people in my entire school that dates interracially, and they get hated on A LOT. My mom is white and my dad is black, and I've seen the looks they get, and I've seen the looks I used to get with my ex who was white too. I guess some people really can't accept the fact that love will be love no matter what color and that you can't be afraid to love somebody who doesn't look like you :l

18. daphnethree

daphnethree Member

Yes, I find white guys quite attractive but I also find men from other races just as attractive (i'm pretty open-minded).

I think that generally, people are scared to break the perceived 'norms'. The way I look at it is that I KNOW that I'm way ahead of some people when it comes to views about race and such and I have run into people who share this viewpoint with me - that we're all human (various sub-types, sure).

Also, one has to respect that different people have different tastes (this includes skin color!) and so I have never really sweated it when a guy (outside of my race) I was interested in didn't show the same interest - he just didn't like the package for whatever reason; it's very easy to make these things all about race, sometimes it just comes down to taste. Sorry, I hope I didn't go too far off the subject!

Also, I will say this - that in my experience (and I've dated all kinds) the qualities I tend to look for are hard to find in most men (no matter the color). They are: honesty, emotional openness, courtesy, good home raising/manners, truly fun (not just saying they are), supportive (not denigrative), successful at <u>whatever</u> it is they do, and HOT!!!

19. Sweetncool

Sweetncool Member

Well, as a black woman myself, I couldn't care less who goes with who. Why does it matter so much? If that's what a person likes & is attracted to then I say go for it. Love is love, men are men, women are women no matter what race or color.

20. Sweetncool

Sweetncool Member

:stupid: :horseshit
    That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Are you trying to say Paula Patton, Brandy Norwood, Sanaa Lathan, Jada Pinkett Smith, Kerry Washington and Beyonce all look the same? That is a very shallow minded comment.