Black Sabbath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Heavy Metal' started by sunshinelovebear, May 31, 2007.

1. sunshinelovebear

sunshinelovebear Member

come on now... are we all forgetting the great gods?!?!

2. I_kill_emos

I_kill_emos Member

Well if read any of my posts u would see that they get mentioned a fair bit do a search I think there is a couple of sabbath threads round here some where, good to see another rabid sabbath fan. :)

3. samson

samson Hepcat

gotta love some sabbath, the earlier the better!

I got to see em in 94 with dio singing, and was blown away just as I had hoped. Danzig was the opener, so it was a very nice show, and I got to meet Tony afterwards to sign my old Mob Rules Lp.

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

There are some Sabbath threads here, they're probably just a few pages back. Of course nobody who knows them forgets them... that's almost an insult!

I saw them live with Ozzy in 2005 and gonna see them with Dio in a matter of weeks, and after them Iron Maiden's playing. Ha, sounds like the ultimate heavy metal party to me! :D

5. WalkTheSky

WalkTheSky Member

Vol 4 is still one of the best metal albums ever made.

6. rubbersoul

rubbersoul Member

I love Black Sabbath! I'd like to see Dio live, it would be great. I think he has an extraordinary voice.

7. Metallideth

Metallideth Sir

A fellow named rob zombie said it best. Black Sabbath has already written all the good riffs, what we hear today is just the same thing, slowed down, sped up, played backwards or otherwise slightly modified. hahaha.

8. I_kill_emos

I_kill_emos Member

Pre Dio is Sabbath at its best, Ozzy is awsome, haha love that zombie qoute.

9. Mushgirl

Mushgirl Member

yeah sabbath were awesome, i'm always 'borrowing' my mum's cd :)

10. I_kill_emos

I_kill_emos Member

hahah trust me get youre own cds you will be happier owning a piece of sabbaths work.

I might be going to see sabbath in august while they are down here, I also hear down is playing with them so thats a good bonus.

11. xexon

xexon Destroyer Of Worlds

I'm an original Sabbath fan. (And I can still hear!)

I last saw them in 1979 at a show in Texas. Van Halen was the opener and still fairly unknown. Van Halen put on an excellent show. When Black Sabbath came out, its like they plugged in a whole different PA system.

I was sitting on the right side of the stage, about 30 feet away from the speaker stack. It was so loud, the hair on my arms was moving around like seaweed waving in the current. :)

It was a lazy performance though. This was one of Ozzy's last shows before they broke up.

But I was still deaf for 3 days afterward. :)

x