Black bean soup

Discussion in 'Munchie Recipes' started by scarlettchasingroses, May 16, 2004.

1. scarlettchasingroses

scarlettchasingroses strawberry tart

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
    1/2 cup chopped carrots
    1/2 cup chopped celery
    1/2 cup chopped onions
    2 cans chunky diced tomatoes and green chilies
    3 cans black beans, undrained
    1 can Mexicorn, undrained
    1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro

Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add carrots, celery and onion. Cook 15 minutes until tender. Add tomatoes, beans and corn. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in cilantro. And there you have it.....black bean soup.​

2. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

Ya think this would work in a crock pot? I dont have a kitchen currently, just a crock and a electric skillet. I have access to a kitchen, but not really to any pans.

3. scarlettchasingroses

I'm sure this would work in a crockpot....you might want to add a little bit more liquid and make sure you stir it so it doesn't burn....but i'm sure you knew that already....

4. crummyrummy

yup, I learned hte hard way, cant ignore a crock for 13 hours.......I actually just used some of my burnt pizza sause last night, I added honey and it masked the burnt taste. Very tasty. Made a marinated artichoke heart and italian sausage pizza with feta crumbles mixed with the mozzarela.

5. scarlettchasingroses

sounds like you still make some good food even though you don't have access to many pans.....why do you not have any pans?

6. crummyrummy

cuzz I dont have a kitchen silly. I am in the Military and live in the barracks. yeah, I can generally prepare stuff in my room with the crock, the skillet and the microwave, then I use that Heftyware bake ware or foil pans( not preferred) to cook in the oven. I really should just blow a few bucks and get some pans... I gots storage for them.....currently, but they move me around alot. Not all the barracks on this base have kitchen access or cupboards like this building does.

I used to use my Friend Korks kitchen, but lately havent felt like going somewhere else to cook.

7. scarlettchasingroses

Oooo...yeah...i think i knew you were in the military.....

8. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

mmm... black bean soup.... :)