Blac Olive Dressing

Discussion in 'Munchie Recipes' started by eccofarmer, Jun 4, 2004.

1. eccofarmer

eccofarmer Member

NAMASTE

I am trying to find a recipe that i have tried that was vegan and made with black olives.I seen this dressing on the east coast at vegan cafes.Does any one know of a recipe???????????????????

2. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

did you find one yet?

i just googled and found this one: it looks really yummy, could it be what you were looking for?

Black Olive Tapenade
    Adapted from The Vegetarian Meat & Potatoes Cookbook, by Robin Robertson (The Harvard Common Press, 2002).

Simple Solution
    The salty earthiness of black olive tapenade is the perfect complement for pasta, spread on crostini or bruschetta, or to top sweet red baked potatoes.

A recipe is only as good as its ingredients, and tapenade is no exception. Use only good-quality, brine-cured olives, not the canned supermarket variety.

If using a food processor instead of the traditional mortar and pestle, be careful not to overprocess – the tapenade should retain some texture. Both large, meaty Kalamata olives and the smaller, sweet Gaeta variety are great in this recipe.

INGREDIENTS
    1 1/2 cups Kalamata or Gaeta olives, pitted
    3 tablespoons capers, drained
    2 garlic cloves, finely minced
    1/4 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

In a food processor or mortar, combine the olives, capers, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper. Slowly add the oil and pulse or work with the pestle into a coarse paste, retaining some bits of olive and caper for texture. Taste to adjust the seasonings. Stored tightly covered in the refrigerator, this will keep well for a week or two. Makes about 2 cups.
    http://www.care2.com/channels/solutions/food/571?print=1

3. eccofarmer

eccofarmer Member

NAMASTE

Hey thanks Ninh for taking the time to look that up and find it. :)
    That so nice.Yes that is the one minus the capers.I am going to make it now.