BITCOINS...tax free money.

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by stoner oxy80, Mar 9, 2013.

1. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

..those things are freakin cool, i'd like to play around with one one of these days ;)

2. Ernesto Apocaloptimisto

Ernesto Apocaloptimisto self-banned

The trezor feels like alien tech...lol It's just weird. Super simple design though.....

3. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Bitcoin has been going down quite a bit recently, but now maybe it is recovering. Could be good time to buy - that is if you think as I do that it's going to go much higher than previous peaks.

4. stoner oxy80

stoner oxy80 *"Senior~Stoned~Member"*

bitcoins....what a crazy ride it,s been this last year...some lost alot, esp those that bought at 1,000 a coin.
    went down into the 290,s not long ago.

but there still in use!

5. AceK

but if they bought at 1000 and sold for 1250 they woulda made profit ;) and it did hit 1250 a few times.

i'm trading litecoin a bit on the short term, goin between about 0.01048-0.01054 BTC tonight.

also gonna try trading a little PPC, but not sure exactly what to expect on that coin. just started really paying attention to peercoin prices.

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

tax free? money?

money means you can buy anything and everything with it? can you? otherwise it is scrip. which is ok where you can spend it, but not really the same thing at all.

tax free?

taxes are the price of the existence of governments. i'll leave others to debate the desirability of their existence. essentially there is no other way to pay anyone who does anything for any government, nor for governments to purchase even the simplest of supplies, like paper and ink and paperclips and typewriter ribbons.

the real theft, is privatization, which robs what nature gives freely, from everyone.

7. stoner oxy80

stoner oxy80 *"Senior~Stoned~Member"*

PRICE DROP;

price IS down to 337.42,

bUT I guess that,s to be expected,(drop) with apple pay released. i,m sure lots of people love apple, but not me. Tell me i can,t do something i want, screw U apple. like when they tried to ban bitcoin. IDK there doing something right. i guess? ever think bitcoin was a test for all for all these others coming out now?

~ WHY USE BITCOIN U SAY?~

CURRENCY OF THE GOOGLE, HIDDEN
    DEEPWEB/DARKNET

And Well the BIG secret is..........there

There almost like magical coins, you can buy anything you want. (legal or not) think about it. ANYTHING

8. AceK

been stuck at around 330, and doesn't look like it's gonna move much

9. JasonHerbalExt

JasonHerbalExt Guest

Untouchable. Don't waste your money on it.

10. AceK

it;'s goin down down down, the silk road bust didn't do the prices any good at all. if it ever goes real low i'll buy some more but for now i'm just waiting on a miracle ...

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Not sure about the entire demographic of bitcoin traders.

But at the moment with oil prices the way they are, anyone with a brain would be throwing their money into energy, transport even retail as the flow on effect will be a boost in spending.

Apart from their novelty bitcoins are really just cash, its the old cash vs commodities argument.

Bitcoins will go back up once oil settles

12. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

I'm surprised this parasitic unsustainable lottery currency hasn't crashed through the floor yet.
    It will fade into oblivion.

13. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

has it failed yet?

did the poor with hopes of getting rich lose what little they had?

did just a few get super rich off this scheme?

14. Bud D

Bud D Member

How are bitcoins not taxed? I would think if they are cashed in for hard currency that it could be taxed?

Too bad about silk road. I hear TOR isn't so secure for pedo's. Not that is how the Silk Road creator got busted, it was a bit different of a trail I think.

15. AceK

The silk road creator, lets just say, he made a few mistakes. I would call that complacence, you might be able to do something really big and super illegal one time and get away with it, but when your doing it for years thats another story bcause they are investigating that now with everything they have on a continuous basis and sometimes people slip up, get too confident and lax on the precautions they were using before ... and thats when they get nailed.

Tor is pretty high security (when used properly .. this topic alone could probably be an essay in itself) .. i don't know about pedos but they deserve whatever they get coming. But if you want bulletproof security ... TOR + VPN and any sensitive information transmitted itself encrypted with pgp. In addition to VPN you could rent or buy a VPS and a shell account in certain regions/countries that dont give a fuck, now you have a virtual server with a static IP (sometimes up to many IP addresses depending on how much your willing to pay) and you can run absolutely anything from it including plain old run of the mill websites or other internet services like email servers .. remotely .. it is a remote machine under your control (see why this might be useful in some cases?). Of course, never login without using TOR or VPN (or both). Also buy all services such as VPN and VPS using crypto currency (properly mixed of course) or hacked accounts and preferably never use the VPN from your home even if they say they dont keep logs. A VPS can also run tor and vpn and you coukd set up a chain of these around thw world ... make it like russian dolls ... and of course never use your real name or information when purchasing any services.

The above really only applies if you're doing some really hardcore illegal shit on the federal level ... non trivial cases involving computer crimes are very hard to prosecute requiring prosecutors and witnessses with an expertise in computers that most "jury of your peers" wont understand and most of the evidence wont hold up in court (because most will be either purely circumstantial, or speculation without any hard proof) ... so if your just buying some weed from the darknet .. you dont need to be this paranoid, though what Ive mentioned above is pretty "bulletproof" ... if you were that paranoid you might need to step back and reconsider what your doing, because you can get into a lot of trouble making other types of mistakes that dont necessarily have anything to do with IP addresses or the like. Just remember that signing for packages in the mail that you didnt order is a bad idea generally .. if ya kno what i mean

Anyway .. best thing to do with btc is use a mixing service, mix in, mix out so theres never a trace. Buy bitcoins at a bitcoin atm if possible with cash, and have the bitcoins deposited to the mixing address, which will then split it into many smaller transactions of completely unrelated transactions which will then go to your wallet. This ensures that there is no trace of who bought that btc, you did not provide any personal information, and even if the location has surveillance cameras ... that will be thrwarted because they could never trace any of your transactions back that atm to see your picture since you mixed the coins as soon as they left the atm .. and technically were never sent to yourself at all.

1 person likes this.
  16. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

but what if you just wanted to cash out like $500 worth of bitcoins that you got from faucets, etc? can you just do that to a checking account? it's not linked to illegal activity or anything, and it's not like it's a large amount of money...

17. AceK

some bitcoin atms allow withdrawals as well as deposits ... that is you send the machine a certain quantity of btc and it dispenses cash.

18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Hmmm, hadnt been paying attention, but theyve gone up the 2nd half of last year, now almost 400 USD

Interesting

19. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I have made a lot of profit from bitcoin. But I got in when they were a few dollars each and just for buying drugs. I don't know if you can see the kind of gains I did. It's more like a normal stock now. Plenty of chance for profit but it used to be like buying Microsoft stock in the 70's.

The site you linked is all scams.

20. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

BTC has gone up like 50% since COVID19. Great job you stupid greedy morons!!! 90% of the profits go directly to China. Make us sick, give 'em more money. Digital scam currency for dirty rotten crooked fucktards. Invest in death and pollution and destruction... Fuck this idiotic numbnut asshole planet!!!