Birth Control Failure

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by Eavesdrop, May 17, 2007.

1. Eavesdrop

Eavesdrop Member

okay.

what would you do if you got pregnant?

and to add some more to the mess.. if you have had an unplanned pregnancy in the past, what did you do about it? if you had an abortion, how involved was your partner?

2. Magical Fire Lady

Magical Fire Lady Senior Member

I would think long and hard and probably get an abortion unless I was done with school and crap, then I'd have to do more thinking. But I think its only fair for the child to take care of a child when I'm ready to do so.

3. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

I honestly don't know what I'd do. I'm so not ready to be a good mum yet.

4. Caelynn

Caelynn Yellow Butterfly

i would deal with it, and part of me would probably be ecstatic while the rest of me was going out of my mind telling myself i was crazy. i would never be able to have an abortion... and i would never be able to give up my baby to someone else... its just one of those things that i know.

5. Crystalsatreehugger

Crystalsatreehugger Member

have the baby. I'm pro-choice but I don't see abortion as another form of birth control. Unless having the baby was going to seriously mess up my health. Or perhaps the baby has a birth defeat that will give them very little quality of life, then I would abort.

otherwise baby's are precious, even though they stink :)

6. HippyFreek

HippyFreek Vintage Member

Before I was married, if birth control had failed, well...I would have kept the pregnancy. Depending on the situation I was in, I would have considered open-adoption. Or kept the baby and raised it.

Now, well of course we'd keep it! :D

7. wanderin_blues

wanderin_blues Banned

same here. im pro-choice and i respect that abortion is the right chioce for many women, but i could never do it. it would be super scary at my age but id be so happy too, id find a way to make it work.

8. Peace Attack

Peace Attack Make War

i had an abortion when i got pregnant at 17. My boyfriend was supportive and all that but he couldnt come with me to the clinic because i was underage and needed to be accompanied by a parent.

9. Charlotte84

Charlotte84 Member

I have an unplanned pregnancy 8 months ago when i was on the pill
    I opted for an abortion and my partner was very supportive and still is. I still find it hard to wake up somedays and he is there with me every step of the way. But i know i did the right thing!
    How can i feed a baby when i cant feed myself?

10. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

My birth control DID fail and I DID have an unplanned pregnancy. The best decision I made for myself was keeping the baby! She's now 8 months old and I have more love for her than I could ever have imagined. She's the light in my darkness. And, she gave me a reason to live. :D

11. benotfree

benotfree Member

I'd abort. But thats always been the plan if I got pregnant, I dont think I could deal with it and finacially I'm in no place to care for a child. I couldnt give a part of me away for adoption. Thank go for the pill ^.^

12. Bumble

Bumble Senior Member

i would get an abortion because i barely have enough money to feed myself.plus, the ghetto is not a safe place to raise a child.

13. Kastenfrosch

Kastenfrosch Blaubeerkuchen!! Lifetime Supporter

I'd keep the baby. I am still a student, but what the hell. I am pro-choice, but personally, abortion or adoption are not for me.

14. Crystalsatreehugger

Crystalsatreehugger Member

does it not cost alot to abort?

15. Mlynn

Mlynn Member

Alot less then it does to give birth - and cover 18 years of expenses. We are talking hundreds of dollars (400-600) compared to hundreds of thousands of dollars - especially if thier are complications during pregnancy/labor - and depending on the quality and co-pay of the woman's insurence company (if she has insurence at all). Many women abort for financial reasons. And thier are programs for the "poor" that help fund abortions for women in need or for women who are in a "high risk/at risk" situation due to provery exc.

16. gaiabee

gaiabee Member

Rather than take any chances, if you think your birth control failed (e.g. broken condom) an option would be to IMMEDIATELY make an appointment at a family planning clinic to get the morning after pill (or whatever they call it now).

17. wanderin_blues

wanderin_blues Banned

i dont think it costs anything here in canada. health care covers it doesnt it? someone correct me if im wrong...

18. Tree-Hugger

Tree-Hugger The Chainsaw

My mom and I talked about this a few months ago. So I know I would keep the baby. My mom told me how she would help me out until I finished school, and got a job as a teacher. I'm pro-choice but I don't think I could ever have an abortion.

19. TheLittleOne

TheLittleOne Senior Member

I've had two abortions, one two months ago, one 13 months ago.

The first one was with a serious boyfriend. The condom probably broke. He paid for half of the procedure, which was $425. He was very supportive for me, and went to the clinic with me. I was 20 years old, the relationship was headed downhill, and I was in no position to raise a child, plus I was scared out of my mind. We broke up a week afterwards.

The second one, which was two months ago, happened with my current serious boyfriend. We've been together about 9 months. We had unprotected sex while I was on my period. (I thought I couldn't get pregnant on my period. You can! I did.) I was not on birth control either times. I was somewhat inclined to keep it, as I love him very much, but we both decided to terminate. He always said he'd want to keep an unplanned pregnancy, as he himself was one. But when it came down to it, neither of us were ready. How can you be ready for something like that?
    Unlike the first time, this did not break us up. It made us stronger. He was so concerned, supportive, and loving. He was in it as much as I was.

So, you know...I've had to make some tough decisions in my life, and you have to wonder sometimes, what if...but I did what was best for myself and my life. Is that selfish? Maybe, but you have to take care of yourself. I cannot take care of another life at this time, so I did what was best. And I AM on birth control now. I've learned my lesson, a hard one.