Bioware is making a new Star Wars game

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by la Principessa, May 23, 2013.

1. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

And I'm hoping that it's going to be Knights of the Old Republic III please please please!!

2. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

I wonder how SWTOR is doing a year and a bit down the road.
    I tried to play it.
    But I think I'd prefer a KOTOR3

3. Hellyeah6969

Hellyeah6969 Guest

4. la Principessa

It's free to play now. I hear it's pretty dead now. When I get a better computer I'll try it out provided anyone's even still online.

But yeah, everyone is dying for a new-gen KOTOR.

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I don't think Bioware had anything to do with it but for a new Star Wars game I would prefer a new Jedi Knight. I liked Knights of the old republic as well but I had more fun visiting the Jedi base on Yavin 4 and meeting Luke Skywalker and riding a tauntaun on Hoth etc. (and of course the lightsaber fighting). I don't think they'll continue that one though. The closest thing to it seems to be the Force unleahsed but somehow isn't as much fun at all.

6. la Principessa

You don't think Bioware had anything to do with what exactly?

7. Asmodean

With Jedi knight games.

8. t1cker5

t1cker5 Guest

Is anyone here still playing SWTOR? I reactivated my account (last play was 10 months ago) just to see what changes, etc..

9. la Principessa

I think that not many people are still playing it. I hope when I get a computer that can handle it, there's at least some people left to play with lol

10. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

I miss Dark Forces and Kyle Katarn.
    I could really go for some nice FPS Star Wars, right about now.

1 person likes this.
  11. Asmodean

Of Jedi Knight I liked Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy best. I love the game story of Kyle Katarn and that you run into him again in Jedi Academy. The fps shooting in Jedi Outcast was great but it gets even better when Katarn gets his lightsaber. I didn't enjoy lightsaber combat in KOTOR at all. The level design was great too, it would be great if they would make a new Jedi Knight with todays graphic standards :biggrin:

12. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Man I loved Jedi Academy. I thought the lightsaber fights were great (and to be able to customize not only the color of the saber but if you used traditional lightsaber, two lightsabers or the dual saber staff). Force powers seemed really well done too; by the end of the game you're pretty badass.

13. Asmodean

Indeed, and not to mention the characters you'd meet and the locations you would visit. It fricking ruled! If I would play it now the graphics would bother me slightly so it is really time for a lengthy good story about Katarn or in the setting after episode 6 again.

14. JackTheChan

JackTheChan Member

I have a bad feeling about this.

15. Kyle_95

Kyle_95 Member

I heard that the company that made the Battlefield series is actually making a new Star Wars Battlefront! :2thumbsup:

Not sure for certain but the person who told me has never been wrong.

16. la Principessa

No, your info is correct. I'm excited about it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_vWs6MpBfo"]Star Wars: Battlefront 3 - Official E3 Teaser Trailer "Star Wars: Battlefront" - YouTube

17. yahoohippegm

yahoohippegm Member

KOTOR II, yes please!

:2thumbsup:

18. Asmodean

There's already a KoToRII! :p

I played Battlefront (downloaded copy for first xbox) for awhile too :D Man, if I think about all the star wars games I took the effort of getting I feel like I real star wars nut.

19. la Principessa

He probably meant KOTOR 3. But I don't blame you, I feel like a Star Wars nut too. I just got to playing video games after I was 18 so it's hard for me to go back and play original XBOX games when I'm used to the 360 graphics and stuff. But I still played KOTOR because my fiance swore to me it was worth it and it so was. I played some Jedi Academy too, and Battlefront.

20. Asmodean

Yeah, I am the same with the older graphic stuff. I played those games when their graphics were pretty much the shit though haha. So really good memories of playing them. I guess I just grew up from the start of 3d games so I got in touch with most of them at the right moment :) I'm too spoiled graphically, but like I said earlier the Jedi Knights games reallly had it all, the right locations, the right action, pretty good story development. All that I think should be in a new star wars game.