Bill Cosby Found Guilty!

Discussion in 'People' started by Idlewild, Apr 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

It's kind of bitter/sweet. For so many years he put forth such a positive example for any American to admire and have a good role model as a dad, as a humanitarian, as a social force. That's the part I'll hate to see gone.

But the sweet part is, he got taken down and will be punished despite that legacy. I hope it sends a message to the powerful men to keep their dicks in their pants and not demean women. Cuz it proves you can get taken down for it now.

2. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Agreed

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well IMO it does come across as opportunistic when you wait 40+ years or whatever to start making claims about this sort of thing. Whatever the reasons for not saying anything I'm not sure, I'd have hoped that what, 60 women I'm reading here? At least one of them would have had the guts to say something. I feel that statistically, 1/60 would minimum would have said something which makes me feel, that if a woman is going to keep silent to further progress her career in the industry (and I haven't read who the victims were but I did read a few were on casted on his shows) then in a way I feel like she is only encouraging or aiding those acts to happen? Does that make sense?

So whatever he did, it didn't seem to bother 60 woman at the time. Or if it did, there's an underling factor as to why nothing was ever said. So I get where Orison is coming from and trying to say.

Not that it makes it any better or worse, you can't just go around harassing and raping people. It must be hard to have to suffer the consequences of something you did so long ago.

Anyhoo, I've never watched anything he's ever done really the only testament I remember from him was a one line about pokemon on the Simpsons.

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Fuck him, he's still a dirty old man. Raping 50+ women by slipping them a roofie isnt some one off, something stupid he did as a kid. At that point its an inherent part of his personality. He's a serial rapist

ZenKarma and Noserider like this.
  5. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I know, but still...Cliff Huxtable.

In some weird way, it's like finding out that Rainbow Bright was a rapist. I feel betrayed even though I wasn't a victim. No disrespect to the real victims, but I feel like I'm violated and my childhood was corrupted.

He was Bill goddamn Cosby and I lived in the 80s.

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I've been saying that for the 15 years I've been online is nobody can read humour in a wall of text. The way I wrote and read what I write, like I know I may be having fun, but then the next person along might interpret that completely differently.

ZenKarma likes this.
  7. OrleansWordsmith

OrleansWordsmith Moderate anarchist

And unless you personally know someone, you can't possibly know what they mean when they use such terminology.. Oh and Cosby did all this stuff when he was 50 or younger. Not so old. Granted Rufie-ing someone and sexually assaulting them is NEVER OK. He's a fucked up dude. But word is, he's appealing. The story will go on. It's a hot mess.

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I feel the exact same way. Dr. Huxtable was the man

I still watched it whenever I caught it on up until all this stuff started coming out. Cant really stand to see it anymore though

ZenKarma likes this.
  9. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I have the whole series on DVD.

Haven't watched them since the allegations began. Now? I don't know. I feel like I'm wrong if I don't throw them away.

I wanted the TV version of him to be the real guy. Guess that is why TV is TV :(

ZenKarma likes this.
  10. OrleansWordsmith

OrleansWordsmith Moderate anarchist

Yeah, like I said, he's done some really creepy, fucked up stuff. He had this good side. But he's ruined it with this shit. It's a tragedy. Same for the women. The curious thing is why a popular, attractive, smart man resorted to this. Had the world on a string. But so did Weinstein, Brokaw... the list goes on and on. Power and privilege seem to warp some people. Often men. And the men without the same power and privilege turn the other way because they feel powerless to stop the big dogs, or they look away because they hope one day they can become them... Sigh. "We've all got to stand for something or we'll fall for anything!"

GLENGLEN, ZenKarma and skip like this.
  11. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Hate speech is not allowed at this site.

Terms of Service and Rules

Deidre, ZenKarma and skip like this.
  12. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Now that you've all had your say off-topic, time to get back on track.
    Everyone is on notice that we won't tolerate threads going off-topic like this.
    mods, you either do your job or you won't be mods here anymore. You're supposed to clean this crap up, not add to it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.