Bill Clinton and Donald Trump have more in common

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by Visexual, Dec 15, 2019.

1. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I would like to say something, but I'm feeling nice tonight.

Mustard Tiger and WritersPanic like this.
  2. lode

lode Banned

Buddy, your own video says there was an affair 54 seconds in.

3. Neither does she....

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  4. Napoleon Hill’s Spectre

Napoleon Hill’s Spectre Members

:)

tumbling.dice and Mustard Tiger like this.
  5. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Clinton, Clinton, Clinton, not much about Trump is there?
    Clinton is past history dug up to defend Trump's actions.

Monica Lewinsky's life was ruined? I don't think so. Remember it was a consensual act and she saved the dress with the stains and never washed it. Now why would she do that? For a memento?
    She wrote a book,
    High living expenses!
    She got a $300,000 ad payment from Jenny Craig, she
    She worked as a correspondent for Channel 5 in the UK, appeared in an HBO special, America Undercover, hosted a FOX show, appeared on multiple talk shows, National Geographic TV, earned a Master of Science degree, and gave a TED talk, among many other accomplishments.

Her net worth is estimated to be from $500,000 to $1.5 million dollars, but no one seems to know how much for sure, she does own a $500,000 dollar house.
    In 2012 Forbes claimed she made 12 million.

Yeah, her life was ruined.

6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yeah I used to think like that too.
    But using your power to get sex from a subordinate is a form of sexual coercion. There are varying levels of consent. There's a reason why most places of employment have rules against sleeping with/dating subordinates.

Your thinking regarding this is part of an outdated system where powerful men get what they want and the women involved are humiliated and shamed and thrown to the wolves. The money she has made and success she has found doesnt really make up for it.

This article explains it better than I can, I encourage you to read it with an open mind

Monica Lewinsky is finally having her moment

And what about Trump? This whole forum knows how much I dislike Trump lol. I also dislike men who abuse their positions of power for sex as well

tumbling.dice likes this.
  7. MeAgain

I'd be much happier talking about Trump as he is a much more dangerous man than Clinton ever was, or is. But I'll answer your concern with Bill.

I read the article.
    Monika was 22 years old and working in the White House. She wasn't some 16 year old kid.
    She was surrounded by power and she was old enough to know what's going on.
    Don't try and tell me she was completely innocent like some Bambi character just out of the woods.
    Clinton never hid his age, his power, or his role as an authority figure. He was the president of the United States.
    He never threatened her job or position, never threatened public humiliation, never forced her to do anything she didn't want to do. The only power he held over her was the power she gave him as an admirer.

Now moving on to the relationship between bosses and subordinates. I fully understand what is being said about that topic, but I will not agree that all such relationships are necessarily evil. True love can result from a boss/subordinate relationship. Or simply consensual sex can result without the "boss" forcing anything or exerting any power dynamic.
    Then she goes on:
    Well, what was the inappropriate abuse of authority, station, and privilege?
    She makes a broad statement with no supporting examples. Did Clinton threaten her in some way? Did he make unwelcome advances? Did he touch her inappropriately without her consent? Or was she fully engaged in consensual activities?
    Is she accusing Clinton of sexual assault? I thought she said it was consensual. Is she accusing him of sexual harassment? I haven't heard any of that.
    Abuse of power? In what way? She looked up to him as a powerful man? She bears no responsibility for that at all?
    Please, Bill was 49 and she was 22, old enough to know what's going on. He was president of the Untied States for god's sake. And she didn't realize he had power and was older than her?

As far as my out dated thinking, perhaps. I'm 68 years old. When I was 22 I knew exactly how power dynamics worked in the workplace, and in college, and everywhere else.
    Perhaps I'm outdated for thinking that there is more than enough blame to go around. Both of them are to blame, not just Clinton.
    Excuse my backward thinking but as a 22 year old I took at least some responsibility for my actions.

And no I don't condone the use of power to get anything in an inappropriate way be it sex, advancement at work, or a cup of coffee from the Keurig machine.
    But, it takes two to tango in this case and both of them are to blame.

SuzanneAU1977 likes this.
  8. Trump has been accused of raping a thirteen year-old girl, and it's not like it's laughable. It's entirely plausible. The same goes for Clinton. I personally find it all totally smarmy.

I don't think there's any excuse for Monica. Where are we at when cheating on your wife is a joke? I take principle more seriously than our presidents do. And their office doesn't mean a thing. They are simply unprincipled men. What more can you say?

Flagme15 likes this.
  9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

everyone here is saying they were both involved. but you're so worried about defending one of the two that the discussion keeps floating that direction.

people from both parties probably had sex with kids. it's kind of scary that so many people are able to ignore that in favor of turning this into a partisan issue.

tumbling.dice and Meliai like this.
  10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I disagree. Clinton was the most powerful man in the world, a seasoned politician and a married man. Monica was a 22 year old young adult barely out of college and just starting her career in the office of the most powerful man in the world. And I think on some level if you can acknowledge how power dynamics work, you can also acknowledge how they worked in this specific situation, even if partisanship prevents you from admitting it out loud.

Do you have daughters?
    I remember what it was like to be a 22 year old girl. Stupid and silly and I didnt have a clue. I'll never know what it's like to be the most powerful man in the world but I do think older, powerful men need to be held to more accountability than young, green 22 year olds, specifically when there's a drastic imbalance of power between the two.

Monica Lewinsky certainly doesnt owe anyone supporting examples.

But there's no use going back and forth with it. I changed my way of looking and thinking about this after thinking it over for a while. I dont really expect to change anyone's mind on a forum in one day.

11. MeAgain

Yeah, well I'm done.

Clinton was certainly at fault as he was married.
    Clinton was older.
    More experienced.
    Had more power.
    Ten times worse than Trump.

Monika is totally innocent.

And I only defend old white men.
    Got me.

12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

you definitely sound like a republican here. all these people i keep seeing online posting stuff like "we can't be nice to immigrants, there's veterans who need help!" and i always wonder why it has to be one or the other.

same here, why is it impossible for two separate guys to have done something wrong? saying clinton did something wrong is not saying trump didn't, and vice versa. and nobody even brought up who was worse. are we only allowed to look at the worst crimes now? if someone commits a murder should we let them go free because someone else committed two murders?

13. It looks likely that trump is going to be impeached over a couple of things he allegedly did.
    I am not fussed who people voted for. I’m slowly learning that your current president is a massive twat and is being impeached for it.

with the whole clinton impeachment i’m thinking the chick involved saw bill clinton with a raging boner and thought it was funny to lie about her experiences with him

14. Napoleon Hill’s Spectre

Napoleon Hill’s Spectre Members

Sounds like you need a job in the White House.
    That will put an end to this Presidential raging boner nonsense.

15. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

You realize you can condemn both Clinton's and Trump's behavior, right? Or is your party affiliation a determining factor in condemning immoral behavior? As for Lewinsky, would you feel differently about Bill Clinton if she instead had spiraled downward after all the publicity? More power to her for turning this into something positive for her, some would have been crushed.

16. MeAgain

I thought I did. Try reading my posts.

And thank you supporting my view of the outcome for Lewinsky.

17. MeAgain

I know I wasn't going to comment on this anymore...but what the heck.

I have been thinking about the various comments about Monika, her young age, and the powerful Bill Clinton; and my antiquated ideas about women in the workplace.
    And I have come to realize I was wrong. It's not easy to admit how off base my thinking on this subject has been but I do have to concede.

Having never had daughters I hadn't realized how frail the psyche of women can be, especially young ones.
    I had always believed that women were at least as strong as men, in many areas stronger. I had believed that a women's mind was equal to that of any man's, in general, and that they were strong, independent thinkers who had the ability to control their own destiny.
    I was wrong. I didn't realize how a powerful man can so easily sway them and disrupt their moral values and sense of right and wrong. Especially when they are young.
    I shudder to think of the horrible ordeals my wife of 45 years must have had to endure in the workplace. She started working in high school, under male bosses, and at the tender age of 19 was married and entered the workforce full time as a lowly pharmacy tech, under several male bosses.
    How innocent I was when she told me she had to work late. What deprivations she must have endured in silence for over 35 years at the hands of those powerful bosses. I mean, her first boss was in his 60s when she was first hired and her other later bosses were all at least 20 years older than her. And powerful. For the last 20 years they ruled an empire that rivaled national drug store chains.

I now question whether any women is safe in the workforce, especially if they have a male boss. Especially if they are young and so impressionable and liable to stray from a strong moral base.
    I know, it's the bosses' fault for preying on these frail young impressionable women who are such easy marks and I realize all male bosses should be at least be "reeducated" if not served with a court injunction mandating they stay at least 20 feet away from any female employees; but that isn't very realistic.

I now realize my views on women were in error and there are indeed major differences in the two genders, especially in the case of young women.

Men
    Powerful
    Strong
    Logical
    Independent

Women
    Powerless
    Weak
    Emotional
    Dependent
    As Jeffrey Kluger, author of The Narcissist Next Door, noted about Trump, “Women find his power almost as much of a turn-on as his money.”
    I hadn't realized they couldn't help themselves.

18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I was being sincere in my thoughts and actually thought better of you than to deliver such a sarcastic, snarky response to a sincere expression of opinion. But I was wrong too apparantly.

And it has more to do with an imbalance of power than it does gender. I would feel the same if, for example, a 50 year old female CEO of a company started sleeping with a 22 year old male intern and then threw him under the bus when their affair became public.

But it just so happens that women have historically been treated more as sexual objects in the workplace by their superiors than men have.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    Asmodean likes this.
  19. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Lol Was starting to read MeAgains last post and thought well that's commendable. But yes, sad angle.
    Btw: I don't think you have to thank Tumbling.dice for 'supporting your conclusion'. He's not suppporting you I think, he just happens to have the same view on that aspect

20. MeAgain

Well thanks everyone for expressing your opinions. I've never claimed to be holier than thou and I do appreciate everyone's views on different matters.

I won't apologize if anyone thinks my views are snarky, inappropriate, or sad. I yam what I yam as Popeye said.
    I don't try to live up to anyone's expectations, just trying to live up to my own is tiring enough.