Biggest Regret?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by biCuriousity21, Apr 28, 2007.

1. biCuriousity21

biCuriousity21 Member

I can't think of anything I regret. I suppose I regret not being more ambitious. But I can't think of anything that would have really changed my current reality. Maybe I regret some of the friends that I've made along the way. Yeah.. this is random and rambly. Please post some of your thoughts.

2. HippieAdrien

HippieAdrien Member

dude i knw there is a milllion things i wish i hadn't done. not really big things, though. so i really have no idea what my biggest regret it. lol

3. indian~summer

indian~summer yo ho & a bottle of yum

my biggest regret is the fear that was ingrained in me...it has kept me from doing some amazing things in the past and still holds me even though i am trying very hard to loose it
    i'm not saying this fear is a "i'm afraid of the dark" type fear, it's a fear of commitment, intimacy, trust issues, goes along with me being shy..fear of change...alot of stuff..it used to be subconscious at least now i'm vaguely aware and can try and change it
    i try not to hold regrets though

4. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

Never regret the things you've done... only those you haven't.

5. TigerLily77

TigerLily77 Member

My biggest regret is caring for the people who truly loved and supported me. You don't know what you missed until they pass away. Money isn't everything. I can find a job, but I cannot replace my family.

6. meishka

meishka Grease Munky

my biggest regret is trusting the wrong person with my life. shoulda worn a condom.

7. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

Abusing drugs, staying in bad relationships, not sticking things out when I was younger, assuming I was going to be a trustafarian forever and being frviolous, being overly forgiving with family members, forgetting my book yesterday...I like to pretend like I live life with no regrets, but in reality I have tons. I appreciate the learning experiences, but would have rather been born with infinite knowledge, not subjecting myself to so many mistakes.

8. ItzJessI3itch

ItzJessI3itch Banned

I have a bunch. I think my biggest things would have to be is not being more outgoing in life and assuming everything will just come to me if I sit and wait. Another thing I regret would have to be not being able to show my real emotions. It's been a huge thing when it comes to relationships and stuff like that. I can never say what I feel or I hold back feeling on what I really feel about something to make other people happy... I guess it's because I'm kinda insecure and if I let people know how I really feel they'll be unhappy with me and leave me... I'm complicated I guess....

9. dylanzeppelin

dylanzeppelin daydream believer

i try not to regret but there are a few things that i kind of wish i could go back and change but definitely don't regret. at times, especially in high school, i always regretted anything that went bad. but now, i'm like well, it happen but i'm over it. it suck but whatever, i'm movin' on =)

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

none of the things i regret in my life are anything i can see as how i had any choice about. i keep looking for ways i might have, but i'm just not really finding anything of the kind.

well i mean i have always tried to look ahead so to speak. but none of us control everything that affects us. so there are roads i really wish i could have explored further, that the means and opportunities of doing so hadn't been ripped off by one circumstance or another.

so over all i don't regret anything i can see as how i had any opportunity to do otherwise then i did.

but i sure do regret the kind of cultural values i've had to live surrounded by and the kinds of situations and world we've all had to live in as a resault.

i guess the one thing i really do regret is that i didn't hitch-hike to canada when i turned 18. but reality is i didn't have the balls to try because at the time i'd never been away from mommy and daddy, so i joined the air force instead as my way of getting out of being drafted into the army, this was during viet nam, anyway it worked, they did get me a little bit of an education, and i never had to kill anybody, or even support anything directly invoulved in doing so.

the other thing i regret, to some degree, although i suspect in the end it would have turned out the same, was getting talked into buying that boat instead of a piece of land like i had in mind to, that one and only time in my life when i had any real chance of doing so.

i'd still give my left, or right, you name it, to have one somewhere, that i could play with and build things on and welcome whatever critters wandered by and so forth.

mostly just so i could play with ferrocement and other innovative building tecniques, and gardens and trains just big enough to ride on.

=^^=
    .../\...

11. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I feel indian~summer. I never imagined in a million years that you'd be shy in real life, too! I'm terribly shy and socially awkward. At work, it's one thing because I'm like a robot there, just a paid machine that's been trained to do things as they're supposed to be done. But when it comes to everything outside of work and home, I'm completely jumbled. If I'm not completely comfortable with someone (a friend or family member), any social interaction at all is just weird and awkward. You should see me trying to function at the grocery store, lol. It's a mess of stuttering and not making eye contact.

12. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

I really regret everything I did during my eighth grade year. Well, actually, I didn't really do anything. I quit studying and caring about my grades, I lost some friends, etc. I wish I'd cared more, because that year really sparked my terrible procrastination habits. Ugh.