Big Rabbits...

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by mystical_shroom, May 28, 2004.

1. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

Okay you know those really huge rabbits..that are like the size of a cat
    I was thinking of getting one for a pet and I had heard somewhere that you can train them to use a kittylitter box...
    Does anyone know if this is true or not...

2. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

You most certainly can. :)

Branwen got the hang of it really quickly. Rabbits tend to go in the same place so just putting a tray in that part of her hutch was enough.

There are plenty of websites about rabbit litter training and other aspects of their care. You really can never know too much about animals.

Good luck with your bunny. They are wonderful companion animals.
    Any more questions feel free to ask :)

TTFN

Sage

3. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

:) Hey thanks...

I plan one getting on real soon..
    Tis I am so excited..

4. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

I know :)

I've practically talkeed my parents into adopting another rabbit too. They like having a friend you see.

Please please please adopt your bunny from a rescue centre. There are so many sweet beautiful animals there who desperatly need love and a good home.

TTFN

Sage

5. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

yeah..thats where i got Tosh (my dog) at...

Everytime i go there though...i want to get all the animals..

6. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

Yeah I know.

Branwen was the only bunny up for adoption when we got her. Which was lucky in a way. It was almost like she'd been waiting there for us.

Much as I'd love to set up a rabbit commune my parents wouldn't. So just the one (soon to be two) will have to do for now.

TTFN
    Sage

7. iamsexy

iamsexy Member

do you know if you should spay or neuter your rabbit??? have either of you? I have a female rabbit and don't want her to get cancer..

Thanks,

ashley

8. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

We had Branwen spayed. The rescue centre and vets recommended it. Mainly because we didn't want her to get cancer. We may be getting male rabbit as well so it was a very good idea. :)

TTFN
    Sage

9. Daisie

Daisie Member

I had a dwarf rabbit, but unfortunatly he died last Monday.
    We got him from a lady that lived in my boyfriends old apartment building, and she told us he was about 7.. and that was a year ago.
    I'd never owned a bunny before him, but he was a great, great pet.(and an amazing friend.) :(

10. Cosmic Butterfly

Cosmic Butterfly Member

I think I would like to adopt a rabbit friend again. I had two rabbits when I was little. Somehow one of them managed to get out his pen and fell into the pool. I was only 9 or so and I went looking for him. I couldnt find him anywhere and then I saw the bunny in the pool. I cried for days.:(