Big Outdoor Grow next month

Discussion in 'Cannabis Outdoors' started by Bad.Fish, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Bad.Fish

Bad.Fish Sex wee pon de babylon

it'll be easier if I just make them public, hold on

there still young'ns but I brought through a very sketchy time where really I should have destroyed them, its a great relief to have them out of the house.

2. yonosoymedico

yonosoymedico Member

awesome, thank you for sharing... and that does look like a good spot, not much reason for anyone to go through there unless they just want to lose their breath haha... glad to see youre still goin.. i on the other hand am not having so much luck... =)

3. Bad.Fish

Sorry to hear that, yeah I was looking for a good spot and my dad took me out there and its pretty much perfect, the only thing is though is that on the road near to the entrance of it there is a house. Its on the other side of the road though and theres a big hedge surrounding it so they cant actually see into the place. But what im worried about is if they have kids that like to go exploring...but I figured the huge forest next to it should be a good enough distraction compared to a barren wasteland.

Growing outdoors is always going to be a bit of a gamble though so i'll just see how things go. Whats stopping you?

4. yonosoymedico

yonosoymedico Member

well A) couldnt find a good spot, so I had to practically neglect my plants which B)means they were in a spot for a few days with almost zero sun, and TONS of rain so that just messed them all up, ones all spindly, but coming back, and one is doing very well... since theyve been outdoors they havent gotten as much light as I would like them to have(24/0)just for veg, but whatever, its my first experiment, I'm not really expecting any kind of harvest, really I just hate the idea for seeds to be thrown away and not become plants... so I'm trying to help them along, but havent had luck finding places to put them(I should be able to find a place but everywhere I find is a little too close to the road, and on other peoples property so it just feels sketchy, it really wigged me out a couple of weeks ago, but I decided that even if they die its no big deal, I've tried and can learn from the experience.. =).. so we'll see

5. Bad.Fish

Yeah, good spots are few and far between...im lucky not to be living in the city though so its just a 20 minute drive from my house, have a lift twice a week organised aswell. If they're found they're found, not much can be done about that but far better than having them found in the house anyway.
    That little greenhouse thing is great though, the wind would decimate them without it but they suffered from a lot of stretching (because of my shitty lights haha) when they were first sprouting, some pics on the page before I think. But sure I just put a bit of extra soil in when I was re-potting them and its grand now, sun will do a better job anyway :D just have to play the waiting game now, looking forward to seeing them grow as much as im (hopefully) going to enjoy the end product

6. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

Thats a wee bit of soft black with the smiley face in ya gallery. Glad to hear ya still going strong coz its getting near that time to plant out although its a gamble at the moment with the wind rain and temp still low at nites too. Trouble with that house so close ya only gotta be spotted a few times before ppl think ya upto something especial if your not a local.

7. Bad.Fish

yeah that house might be a problem, will be having a look at the map tomorrow and see if theres a road from the other side. At the moment my dad just drops me off a bit down the road and I walk there then he picks me up again down the road. Theres that greenhouse to protect from the wind and rain, that would just rip them to pieces otherwise with the gales that have been blowing lately. I was hoping the trech they're in would offer a bit of shelter from the wind but unfortunately its more of a wind tunnel.

They're getting sun from dawn till dusk though which is good but because of the greenhouse it means im having to go out there twice a week to water them. I think getting them as far as this stage has been the hard part, that light im using for seedlings is dodgy as fuck. Still keeping those other 6 going strong though, only thing keeping them inside is the fact I ran out of soil re-potting the other two, and I also have to get another greenhouse for that but both those are cheap so they should be out byt this weekend.

That squidgy was lovely, from afghanistan as far as I know. First time iv seen it round these parts

8. buffoonman

buffoonman Senior Member

Remember to combat slugs and snails (stick copper tape around each pot.) These little buggers along with mould latter in the season are the biggest problem in the UK. I normally plant out any time after may 1st. There should be no more frosts then. Growing in a greenhouse solves a lot of problems but as you mentioned you need to keep on top of the watering.

9. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

Buff, long no hear! How ya doin'!>)

10. Bad.Fish

I was planning on putting salt around the pots but i'll go with the copper tape now I think. Was out there this morning and because of the underwatering last week im down to either 9 or 10 depending if one recovers or not but one is definitely dead. Part of that is just natural selection aswell though, the rest are doing very good though.

11. Rocklobster

You only really need a bright plot with a few hours of direct sunshine a day to grow mj the more direct sunshine they get the more ya have to play slave to the constant watering and the more the risk of them wilting on ya and a big mj in direct sunshine all day will drink a hell of alot of water. Just as a bit of triv the french plant marrie golds around there crop plants to combat slugs and snails coz they love them more then anything and will happy stay there and decimate them instead of the crops.
    Yep nice to see the soft hitting these shores again although I'm getting a bit bored with it lol.

12. Bad.Fish

yeah hash does get a bit stale after a while, haha another bit of trouble today, the 6 left in the house were raided last night. Not by the shades but by a stray cat haha. A deaf cat was lying in the road completely oblivious to the cars it was holding up beeping at it.

Had it inside since tuesday and still trying to find an owner or taker, town is no place for a deaf cat.
    Anyway, it got inside the box lastnight, knocked over two pots and shit in the corner. Didnt even notice the smell this morning but came home today to find two of the plants on they're side and a stink of shit. Sure she cant be blamed though and there wasnt a scratch on the plants, looks as if they escaped alright.
    My room smells like shit now though

Will be going out to water the plants tomorrow or see if they need watering anyway.
    Also I dont think those pots are going to be big enough if they're going to be grown in pots for the full life cycle. Should I re-pot them into bigger pots now as opposed to when they're bigger and more awkard to pot. Or will the current pots suffice?

13. razz

razz Member

make sure you get a few photos pal.

14. Bad.Fish

photos are on page two

The War on Slugs started today, went to check on them to find a few of them descimated by slugs. They managed to get under the greenhouse. Took the greenhouse off today anyway as I cant get regular lifts to water them so the rain will have to do that now. Heading out tomorrow with slug repellent so hopefully they're not attacked during the night

15. Bad.Fish

Very pleased today, went out to check on them after leaving them to fend for themselves without the greenhouse. Even the ones that the slugs got too have started growing back green and healthy and one of the plants has grown two inches in two days and very thick stalk. Also I noticed in the new leaves growing the outer edges are turning a shade of red. Not an unhealthy shade but the sort that you would see on a purple strain.

Would have taken a picture but I didnt have my phone with me but the next month im going to be going out regularly to make sure they're doing alright but I think they'll be good.

I had nothing with me to protect the plants from the slugs so what I did was underneath each pot put a bed of gorse branches. I doubt the slugs will try to slime they're way over that! Time will tell I spose.

16. Bad.Fish

starting to get a bit peeved at the ammounts of views compared to posts :toetap05:

re-potted the last 6 which are to go out tomorrow morning, although two havnt taken too well to their new homes and have deteriorated considerably. Still green but paler and starting to wilt. If they can survive till they're out in the sun tomorrow then they'll have a far better chance. Would they be better off going in the greenhouse or straight to outside considering the health issues?

And is there anywhere other than here that will get more of a response?

17. Bad.Fish

Found out the problem with those 6 re-potted ones...my clumsiness knocked the 24hour timer out of the plug which ended up leaving the light on all night. Hopefully theres no irreparable damage. I have some new pics but I cant seem to find the usb lead for my phone. Oh yeah...slugs are assholes

18. Bad.Fish

Been a bit of a heat wave the last week and I've been at a festival the last week so they've been fending for themselves, got some water out to them yesterday and put broken eggshells surrounding the stems to protect against slugs.

Six of them are still doing great but slugs and the sun have gotten to the rest pretty bad, another few mights make it though.

I have some outdoor seeds germinating which I'll throw into some of the pots that arent being used now. Would get pics but my phone was stolen at the festival so until I have the money for a new phone there wont be many pictures.

:cheers2:

19. Rocklobster

Some of them festival goer's will pinch anything if it aint nailed down hope ya canceled the ime number lol.
    I thought the gorse was a good idea think cooper already been mentioned but i know egg shells work from my gardenering friends. Yep summer on the way and you will really need to be on top of the watering. Good to see ya not lost the spirit and ya learning so you can only get better.

20. Bad.Fish

Yeah thanks for the input man. Got plenty of free acid and a lot of free ketamine so im pretty sure it made up for the price of the phone haha and after that was gone it was just one less thing to lose :p although I was beaten by security and thrown out the police smuggled me straight back into the festival and tried to get me to point out the sec guards that smacked me around a bit but I opted to leave it and just get on with the fun :D great weekend.

I've got some fish blood and bones fertiliser which says to apply evenly throughout the soil 75grams per meter squared which is supposed to be great for vegetative growth, its in the house somewhere but I dont want to go trawling through the house to find it now.
    What size pots would be good enough to take them through their life cycle aswell? Im going to have to re-pot them and the sooner the better I figure.

I have enough seeds to replace any slug victims or just to plant a few more but i'll see how these go for the time being and get an idea of how they grow first. Every time I go out there I notice something or learn something new from them, I think I have a chance of getting some payoff from them but this is more of a learning grow so whatever I do get is bonus