Biden: On the way out?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tikoo, Jan 22, 2023.

1. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

I think he is chemically managed by doctors and with advancing success. They may also assist him to fail... this
    through non-medication - bumbling his speech terribly in the impending State of The Onion.Address before Congress.

With bad polls, he will resign. Harris becomes President. She chooses a Vice-President. Ohhh... likely someone very
    charismatic and anti-Trump . Liz Chaney.

Vermonstah likes this.
  2. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

No!!! Joe Biden has been healed of his head-wound, Dimentia. Glory! This is good news for all
    the world.

3. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

Well as bad as Biden seems now, Kamala as pres makes me worry.

She is really ineffectual and would be completely sideswiped trying to do the job.

Eric! and Josephinelcajon like this.
  4. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I think Biden will finish his term but I doubt he'll be the candidate in 2024. All things considered he's done a good job as President, mainly cleaning up the mess left by the last administration, but I don't think he'll be up to the task for four more years. Add to that the classified documents found and too many people have lost confidence in him.

Gavin Newsom is a possibility. At this point anyone could beat Trump, but more likely Ron DeSantis will be the GOP candidate and the Dems need someone who can beat him.

5. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Harris' words can be scripted. She can serve. She can be a priestess.

6. thepapasmurph

thepapasmurph Super Moderator Super Moderator

I also get the sense that Americans are yearning for younger leadership. The baby boomer generation is retiring... it's time for the politicians to do the same.

dazedgatsby, aynshe, Flagme15 and 4 others like this.
  7. Toker

Toker Lifetime Supporter

I agree, age limits would help right now. Keeps trump out too. Politicians need to retire at 70. I'm sure they have a great pension and need to step aside. It's really not our world anymore. We fucked it up good, now let the young ones clean it up if we're lucky...

tjr1964, wrat1, ~Zen~ and 1 other person like this.
  8. aynshe

aynshe Member

Hope so.

~Zen~ likes this.
  9. Calmerchameleon

Calmerchameleon Members

As a European tooling across the pond, I can't understand how he is still in power! It's obvious, he's not sound of mind. How can that be safe for a country, let alone the USA?

America is just getting crazier by the day.

scratcho and ~Zen~ like this.
  10. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

Hilarious!!!

Vermonstah likes this.
  11. NubbinsUp

NubbinsUp Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Median age for US presidents at inauguration is 55. Trump and Biden are outliers with respect to their advanced ages. Although age is clearly a factor in Biden's performance, as it was for Reagan during his second term, setting an upper age limit (Constitutional minimum is 35, and there is no maximum) seems unlikely.

Most people who would be willing to work toward amending the Constitution would have this particular item toward the bottom of their list of priorities, and amending that one document for any reason is no small feat. The Constitution has been amended only once in the past 50 years, and that one had originally been passed/proposed by the Congress and sent to the states for ratification in 1789. Issues involving guns and abortion seem much more likely to produce Constitutional amendments eventually than something like Presidential age does.

Voters may be hoping for younger candidates, but James K. Polk was a relatively young President who was in very poor health by the end of his term. He died of natural causes at age 53 only three months after finishing his term.

There is no pattern of electing a particularly young president following the term of a particularly old one, nor the reverse. It is almost certain that Biden's successor in office will be younger than he is, but that's because his age is the extreme functional upper limit and few presidential candidates surface at such an advanced age, and not because of people's reactions to his diminishing physical and mental faculties.

Kamala Harris would have been only slightly above median age for a President (she was 56 on inauguration day in 2021), but Democratic primary voters declined to select her as their presidential nominee. Voters may have been pleased to know that there would be a VP behind Biden who was likely to outlive him, but she wasn't young by presidential standards. She just wasn't old.

It seems that whatever voters are looking for, age plays a very small role.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2023
    Vermonstah likes this.
  12. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Kamala as President and Priestess will give curses and blessings and attend to all the ritual
    responsibilities such as funerals, commemorations and hosting dinners for dignitaries - if and
    when Biden resigns. She may choose a Vice-President who must be constitutionally confirmed
    by majorities of both House and Senate. Who would you choose?

~Zen~ likes this.
  13. thepapasmurph

thepapasmurph Super Moderator Super Moderator

Let's blow the sound barrier, the speed of light and all other barriers, and put Pete Buttigieg in there as VP with Kamala as President -

Eric! and ~Zen~ like this.
  14. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Kamala is now being put forward in the public with a relative flurry of speaking events. They are
    scripted. Love her voice, won't you? Be of comfort. This is the necessity for presidential transition.

Her VP will be a person of power.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
  15. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Perhaps, Dr. Jill Biden will want the Presidency for herself ?

16. mrsixstrings12

mrsixstrings12 Members

I think Biden did alright so far. Seems to have cleaned up what was left for him but he has also made alot of empty promises. He needs to be done after his term and it's time the US elects someone very young (within the rules of course). These past few elections have really shaped my political views and have made me more libertarian/green than anything. Let the people do what they want and let's take care of the Earth while we are at it. The government should be spending more on medical research and environmental things and allowing everyone access to free Healthcare should they have no other option.

17. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Yearn as they might, who is the wunderkind who will step forward to lead us? Please, not Desantis! or Kamala! I voted for Biden last time, whom I'd long regarded as a Doofus, cuz he seemed to be the least of evils. I've been pleasantly surprised. I agree it's risky to run him again, but so far who are the alternatives?

18. Josephinelcajon

Josephinelcajon Joseph

Biden will finish this term but will not be considered for the next term. Both Biden and Trump are far too disliked and toxic to continue dividing our country!

19. wrat1

wrat1 Members

it will be trump vs Biden and trump will win and more than likely game over,

20. Intrepid37

Intrepid37 Banned

Please God, yes - and all the other democrats with him, please.