Beware the Fascist-Liberal Hardline

Discussion in 'Politics' started by skycanvas, Aug 16, 2013.

1. RIPTIDE59

RIPTIDE59 Banned

Wouldn't it be nice to watch this entire area implode without one federal tax dollar being spent? Kick back , stay tuned , light up and watch moslems whack each other. Who needs fall football?

2. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

If our tax dollars weren't being spent is the key word. Hell, a Middle East war Reality show does seem like it could make money. But the government loosing trillions of dollars, and putting Al Qaeda in power isn't as entertaining as, disproportionate + dangerous..

3. RIPTIDE59

RIPTIDE59 Banned

Almost better than a pay cable station to show the execution of rapists and child abusers ; Let's offer the viewer a pay station showing the execution of homicide bombers , clit removers , dishonor killers and just general vermin from the islamic nations. Sure beats the hell out of msnbc.

4. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

STP... I don't mean you. But um, yeah, SOME people have a lot of hate. :(

Not that I'm for certain things but geez...

5. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

I'm not advocating anything. I just dont want the US involved.

She's right though, Riptide. The thing is, many of these countries are peaceful. America just stomps in and sends weapons to savages to complete their view of an incorporated world. Many of them (like Iran) have their own culture, and see their place in the world; But Americans brand them just as every other muslim/islamist without understanding their principles are very much like Christianity, but also like Christianity, is taken to the extreme sometimes...

6. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Yeah, I have no problem with people talking about extremists of any aspect- whether they are Christians (westboro Baptist church) or muslim extremists... it's when certain people make it seem like all the normal, regular people are like the extremists...

7. Watcher

Watcher Member

That's baffling since fascism is an extension of the far Right. For example, Nazi Germany the ultimate example of fascism; the Nazis detested communism and anything "liberal".

Tyranny and totalitarianism are exemplified on both ends of the spectrum, under both fascist (right wing) and communist (leftist) states. Maybe that's what you mean.

8. Individual

Individual Senior Member

Like most of the labels being thrown around in these threads, none of them are clearly and concisely definable, making them purposeful primarily as a tool of denigration based only on some small portion of the scope in which they are broadly defined.

I find nothing baffling in the Pressed_Rat post as he clearly explained his reasoning, and I agree totally with his summation "It's simply impossible to have a fascist, tyrannical state when you have a minimalized, decentralized government that is kept in check by the people and held to the standards outlined in a document such as the now-extinct US Constitution."

9. Individual

Individual Senior Member

An afterthought:
    Perhaps those who often present the U.S. Constitution as a 'living document', promoting changes to our form of government through reinterpretation of its words based on changing the definition of the words in a way that supports a political agenda without need for acceptance by the governed, might begin to see that there can be negative consequences when the words we use to communicate with one another become more broadly defined.
    Looking at the wiki definition of 'fascism', there are many ways it can be applied to the Left as well as the Right. I tend to agree, as the wiki states, that "Most scholars agree that a "fascist regime" is foremost an authoritarian form of government, although not all authoritarian regimes are fascist."