Beware of NAMI the pharma front group ( National Alliance Mental Illness)

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by TheGreatShoeScam, Feb 13, 2019.

1. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Stay away from the psycho pharmaceutical front group NAMI !! Unless you are fighting them to advance patient rights.

Lilly donated at least $3 million to NAMI. For its part, NAMI promotes the increased use of psychotropic drugs, lobbies against any cost-saving restrictions on number of psychotropic drugs prescribed for one patient under Medicaid, and even lobbies for laws allowing mental patients to be forced to take antipsychotic drugs. The drugs most often prescribed for involuntary patients -- Janssen's Risperdal (risperidone) and Lilly's Zyprexa (olanzapine) -- cause debilitating, indeed, lethal effects. NAMI's failure to inform its constituents about the danger these drugs pose for patients, and its continued aggressive promotion of these drugs despite the evidence, may be viewed as confirmation that NAMI is an extension of Lilly's marketing department.

In 2004, NAMI opposed the placement of "black box" warnings on antidepressants determined to cause suicide in under-18 year olds, and in 2006 opposed black box warnings on ADHD drugs causing heart attack, stroke and sudden death in children in 2006. Despite overwhelming evidence of serious adverse cardiac events and sudden deaths caused by ADHD drugs, in 2006 NAMI took the position that the “black box” warning on ADHD drugs was “premature.” Also, on December 18, 2003, The New York Times exposed that NAMI had bused scores of protestors to a hearing in Frankfort, Kentucky, took out full page ads in Kentucky newspapers, and sent angry faxes to state officials, all to protest a state panel proposal to exclude the antipsychotic drug Zyprexa from Medicaid’s list of preferred medications. According to the article, “What the advocacy groups did not say at the time was that the buses, ads and faxes were all paid for” by the manufacturer of the antipsychotic drug Zyprexa, Eli Lilly.

National Alliance on Mental Illness - SourceWatch

Biederman was the recipient of the 1998 NAMI " national alliance on mental illness" Exemplary Psychiatrist award. Thanks Big pharma ! Exemplary Psychiatrist Awards Support $25,000.00

Dr. Joseph Biederman: Caught red-handed lying about $1.6 million in drug money for performing illicit medical experiments on children. Joseph Biederman

NAMI is despicable. A "grassroots" organization, no its AstroTurf .

Go for it.

2. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Me and soulcompromise like to debate stuff but if anyone here reading this is struggling with mental health issues keep your family the hell away from NAMI. All they do is protect industry profit and lobby to have more and more patient rights removed.

3. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

care for a severely ill person in crisis for their entire life off meds and get back to me ….it cant be done...….

please present the options for those of us who depend on these drugs to keep people alive

....you have other options right?...enlighten me please.....after 15 years neck deep in the mental health system dealing with the top doctors around here it sounds like we must have over looked what ever ''options'' you have at hand?.....

to be clear...here is my question

you mentioned patients who are forced to have risperidone injections (involuntary) and I want to know what should be done instead of these injections?...your patient has endangered them self and others and has a history of violent outbursts

lets hear it hotshot

4. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Start here Voices for Choices Webinar: Organizing for Alternatives to Forced Psychiatric Treatment — MFIPortal

You say "history of" well sorry but without a working time machine I can't change history so I guess you got me there.

I tell you what though, if you want a future of violent outbursts subject them to that human rights atrocity behind psychiatric locked doors posing as "help". Reminds me of that Metallica song Sanitarium "They think our heads are in their hands But violent use brings violent plans"

These stories are typical, rather than being unusual. Everyday Horrors of the Mental Health System Everyday Horrors of the Mental Health System

Downright evil.

5. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

that's what I thought...you have nothing..you thik these people miraculously stopb the erratic behavior?...maybe you think a mentally ill person should be jailed every time they disturb ''society'' with their crazy ways....you know fuck all about this subject.....get your face out of the books and weppages and go to the psych unit and bring a patient home and house them and keep them safe ''off meds'' forever...not a day...not a week...you care forever for these people

…….otherwise you shouldn't be telling people to opt out of forced medication....we deserve a life other than caring for a loved one every second of every day....some of these patients are so ill you cannot go pee without getting someone to keep an eye on them......its like you think the injection is an easy way out....there is no easy way out of severe schizophrenia

no need to reply please....I was just visiting a psych ward[every day for a month now] with some very ill people and some very caring staff….there is nothing you can teach me about this subject

6. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

You think I got this passionate about this from reading books and web pages ?

I have been on the psych unit as a patient and have seen and been subjected too the atrocities the public thinks is "help." Right now I have a friend who just went to jail for bugging out on her family. Yesterday. We don't know whats up with her or really what the hell to do right now because a chemical lobotomy is not an option. It would be a selfish option for everyone who wants to "keep her safe" by pumping her full of those neuroleptics so she gains 70lbs looses all self esteem tired all the time before getting diabetes and an early death from that zombie poison posing as "medicine".

"there is nothing you can teach me about this subject"

Nope, the only way you could possibly get a clue is by taking some psychiatric poison yourself to see what those 'side' effects feel like and the main effect of removing your ability to feel pleasure from anything in life by antagonizing the d2 receptors a condition known as anhedonia. Its like being dead but your still alive.

You are the one who thinks you know it all from reading books. You never felt it yourself. I have.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  7. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

It does really suck. I told her mother the best option is get her disability and let her go about doing her thing. If her bizarre behavior make people uncomfortable sometimes tough shit on them. The lesser of 2 evils cause what ever is up with her it can't be 'fixed'.

8. I was forced to take risperdal. Well, I mean, I took it willingly. I didn't fight. But it was clear that there would be repercussions if I didn't, so I did. Terrible stuff. Sometimes I couldn't even walk. I was probably closer to death than I realize this one time... And I never endangered anybody. What I had was a crippling fear that Joe Pesci and Robert DeNiro were coming to get me. Laugh if you want, it is pretty funny. But that is why I got locked up, and in so being was forced to ingest this medication.

Not all people who suffer mental illness are violent or dangers to society. In my case, I was just scared shitless out of my mind that Joe Pesci and Robert DeNiro were coming to kill me. (I also thought the entire galaxy from Star Wars was coming to get me at the time.) But I have never hurt anyone in my entire life.

I find it truly insulting to be portrayed as a violent, dangerous person. I find it insulting even to be labeled as a burden. And some people think my life is expendable just because when I'm not on my medication I have irrational fears. Yeah, THOSE are the kind of people who should be in charge. Right.

9. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

[​IMG]

In my case it was Zyprexa for anxiety that snowballed as I was having these horrific anxiety attacks where the fear of having another was then causing the next one. They labelled it bipolar "mania" total BS, no it was the previous psych pills side effects made the anxiety worse. Alot worse. Looking back I feel like such a dumb ass falling for the "low serotonin" chemical imbalance lie taking the first ones but how was I supposed to know "serotonin" was just a fraudulent marketing scam ? I was young had other interests in my life and not a clue about the criminal cartel the psychiatric pharmaceutical industry. I thought doctors and the medical profession were good people so it never occurred to me to question it.

Zyprexa or Olanzapine OMG there are no words to describe that insidious diabolical poison that shit made me so sick when I quit talking it you nausea vomiting insomnia that keeps you awake till you really are crazy worse then stories I have heard from people who have quit heroin. I had to quit tired all the time motivation for anything completely gone. Zombie is accurate description living death.

Those "hospitals" medieval torture chambers. Never knew such places existed in modern civilized society.

I found there is opposition Resources - MindFreedom International (MFI) if ever have problems again and they try pushing that shit on me.

That organization "NAMI" is such a fraud, millions and millions of dollars from the pharmaceutical industry and they call themselves "Grassroots".

10. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

11. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

You seem to be ignoring the data in a slew of ways. Here are some articles highlighting the need for groups like NAMI who raise awareness and garner support for families plagued with mental illness!

School shooters usually show these signs of distress long before they open fire

Research on Almost 2,000 Brains Brings Insight Into Mental Illness

Are you denying that these illnesses exist, or just claiming that the care people receive for them is misguided? You seem to not understand mental illness at all. Perhaps you are the victim of mental illness and you are angry about your own diagnosis. I could maybe empathize with that. But what I will not do is stand idly by while you make falsehoods seem relevant to our good posters and forum members. NAMI did not put you where you are today. That much should be clear to everyone. Groups like NAMI pave the way to recovery! They help, not hinder the progress of entire families; groups of people that would otherwise not find any understanding in the mental health community due to HIPPA privacy (however you spell hippa).

And there isn't a lot of understanding going around about these people (the mentally ill). The are stigmatized to a large degree. I've never met someone who was a schizophrenic that I felt comfortable with. This is because of social stigma, not my sense of self preservation or instincts. StigmaFree | NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness

We need to find a better place to treat mental health emergencies - STAT

What is your problem with medication? What about hospitalization? These are being proposed as a means to fight gun violence on a grand scale! By Congress! You're opposed? Please explain. Your views don't align or are incongruent with that of most American ideals.

12. soulcompromise

NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness)
    About NAMI | NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness (I suggest reading the Notes to the Financial Statements - link below)

Find Support | NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness

Basically, NAMI provides information. They will tell you all about your medication. They will tell you about services offered through Medi-Caid that you qualify for. They will set you and your family up with a program. They don't monitor you or your meds. That's between you and your doctor! :)

The best thing is that when your loved one is incapable of helping themselves and ends up in the hospital, NAMI will be there for you. I mentioned before friends in the lobby. When the nurses and doctors are speaking in their clinical jargon, or eve when they just don't yet know enough about your loved one's condition to generate a statement, NAMI can talk with you.

They stand up for the mentally ill, not hold them back as @TheGreatShoeScam would have you believe. And while they may receive donations from anyone, they are not connected to pharmaceuticals.

Here are their bookkeeping records which they have posted to their website for the sake of transparency I would assume. Annual Reports | NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness

We can plainly see where their money is: https://www.nami.org/getattachment/About-NAMI/Our-Finances/Annual-Reports/NAMI-17-FS-Final.pdf < --- financial statments

just to list a few. all credible sources!

78% from contributions! That's impressive, and I'm glad. It shows that mental illness isn't totally forgotten.

13. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

The usually get drugged then go crazy from side effects and withdralws then open fire.

Fact #1: Over 90 percent of school shootings have been linked to psychiatric medications with dangerous side effects that include violent behavior and suicidal and homicidal thoughts.

Fact: A disturbing number of perpetrators of school shootings and similar mass murders in our modern era were either on – or just recently coming off of – psychiatric medications. A few of the most high-profile examples, out of many others, include:

Read more at Media ignoring 1 crucial factor in Florida school shooting - WND - WND

The majority of the public may or may not be familiar with these so-called mental health advocacy organizations, such as NAMI, NAMI’s recent spin-off “Make It OK”, CHADD or the myriad of bipolar, depression or ADHD “support groups” that are inundating the internet, but they need to be exposed for the deceptive front groups that they actually are.

Presenting themselves as PAOs is disingenuous, but highly seductive to the propaganda targets and altruistic volunteers, many of whom have a sincere desire to help a loved one or a family member who might have emotional problems or are already struggling with the toxic effects of their cocktails of psych drugs. PAOs very successfully influence legislators, the press and the American public and have been very successful in getting legislation passed that benefits the sociopathic industries that fund them, under the guise of helping the patients they claim to represent and from whom the reap enormous profits.

One would expect that any organization claiming to be for the rights of drug-taking patients would have as a primary goal the full disclosure of all psychiatric drug risks, the right to refuse treatment, and the right to know that psychiatric diagnoses are not medical conditions that can be confirmed by any known lab or radiological test. But they don’t.

One would also expect that such altruistic-sounding PAOs would also provide patients with factual information about alternatives to Big Pharma’s unaffordable, poorly-tested, non-curative and sometimes lethal drugs – such as the many effective non-drug treatments that can be curative, affordable, non-addictive, non-harmful, such as talk- and brain-nutrient therapies. But they don’t.

An honest patients’ rights group for the so-called “mentally ill” would never endorse something as absurd and obviously dangerous as giving electroshock “treatments” to pregnant women, nor condone schools requiring children to take a psychiatric drug as a condition of attending school. But they do.
    One would think that an honest PAO would never be opposed to the FDA issuing warnings that antidepressants are known to cause some children to become more manic, more depressed, sleep deprived or having new thoughts of committing suicide and homicide. But they do.
    One would think that an ethical PAO would never object to the FDA issuing warnings that so-called “ADHD” drugs are essentially amphetamine-based and therefore addictive with serious and even deadly side effects. But they do.

Beware the So-Called Mental Health “De-Stigmatization” Campaigns such as Make It OK and NAMI, for they are Front Groups for Big Pharma

14. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  15. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Over the course of 20 years, Johnson & Johnson created a powerful drug, promoted it illegally to children and the elderly, covered up the side effects and made billions of dollars. This is the inside story.

NAMIs man of the year Joseph Biderman was the chief player in these crimes. That link above is heavy hitter from Time Magazine not some "conspiracy" site. NAMI is front bought and paid for by the pharmaceutical industry. But you don't read the links I post.

One would expect that any organization claiming to be for the rights of drug-taking patients would have as a primary goal the full disclosure of all psychiatric drug risks, the right to refuse treatment, and the right to know that psychiatric diagnoses are not medical conditions that can be confirmed by any known lab or radiological test. But they don’t.

One would also expect that altruistic-sounding NAMI would also provide patients with factual information about alternatives to the pharmaceutical industries unaffordable, poorly-tested, non-curative and sometimes lethal drugs – such as the many effective non-drug treatments that can be curative, affordable, non-addictive, non-harmful, such as talk- and brain-nutrient therapies. But they don’t.

Explain that.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  16. soulcompromise

17. soulcompromise

So what you're saying is that mentally ill people are more likely to commit egregious acts when they are under the care of a clinician and also medicated. The government disagrees, and so do the members of this website.

https://www.counseling.org/docs/default-source/vistas/school-shootings-and-student-mental-health.p
    Mental Health and School Shootings
    How teens want to solve America’s school shooting problem | PBS NewsHour Extra
    Mental Illness, Mass Shootings, and the Politics of American Firearms

18. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

"The government" another bunch of crooks, lol. No credibility there what so ever.

Every school shooter has been screwed up on psychiatric drugs, shouldn't it be the unmedicated kids who "slipped through the cracks" ?

On to the list of mass shooters and the stark link to psychotropic drugs.
    • Eric Harris age 17 (first on Zoloft then Luvox) and Dylan Klebold aged 18 (Columbine school shooting in Littleton, Colorado), killed 12 students and 1 teacher, and wounded 23 others, before killing themselves. Klebold's medical records have never been made available to the public.
    • Jeff Weise, age 16, had been prescribed 60 mg/day of Prozac (three times the average starting dose for adults!) when he shot his grandfather, his grandfather's girlfriend and many fellow students at Red Lake, Minnesota. He then shot himself. 10 dead, 12 wounded.
    • Cory Baadsgaard, age 16, Wahluke (Washington state) High School, was on Paxil (which caused him to have hallucinations) when he took a rifle to his high school and held 23 classmates hostage. He has no memory of the event.
    • Chris Fetters, age 13, killed his favorite aunt while taking Prozac.
    • Christopher Pittman, age 12, murdered both his grandparents while taking Zoloft.
    • Mathew Miller, age 13, hung himself in his bedroom closet after taking Zoloft for 6 days.
    • Kip Kinkel, age 15, (on Prozac and Ritalin) shot his parents while they slept then went to school and opened fire killing 2 classmates and injuring 22 shortly after beginning Prozac treatment.
    • Luke Woodham, age 16 (Prozac) killed his mother and then killed two students, wounding six others.
    • A boy in Pocatello, ID (Zoloft) in 1998 had a Zoloft-induced seizure that caused an armed stand off at his school.
    • Michael Carneal (Ritalin), age 14, opened fire on students at a high school prayer meeting in West Paducah, Kentucky. Three teenagers were killed, five others were wounded..
    • A young man in Huntsville, Alabama (Ritalin) went psychotic chopping up his parents with an ax and also killing one sibling and almost murdering another.
    • Andrew Golden, age 11, (Ritalin) and Mitchell Johnson, aged 14, (Ritalin) shot 15 people, killing four students, one teacher, and wounding 10 others.
    • TJ Solomon, age 15, (Ritalin) high school student in Conyers, Georgia opened fire on and wounded six of his class mates.
    • Rod Mathews, age 14, (Ritalin) beat a classmate to death with a bat.
    • James Wilson, age 19, (various psychiatric drugs) from Breenwood, South Carolina, took a .22 caliber revolver into an elementary school killing two young girls, and wounding seven other children and two teachers.
    • Elizabeth Bush, age 13, (Paxil) was responsible for a school shooting in Pennsylvania
    • Jason Hoffman (Effexor and Celexa) – school shooting in El Cajon, California
    • Jarred Viktor, age 15, (Paxil), after five days on Paxil he stabbed his grandmother 61 times.
    • Chris Shanahan, age 15 (Paxil) in Rigby, ID who out of the blue killed a woman.
    • Jeff Franklin (Prozac and Ritalin), Huntsville, AL, killed his parents as they came home from work using a sledge hammer, hatchet, butcher knife and mechanic's file, then attacked his younger brothers and sister.
    • Neal Furrow (Prozac) in LA Jewish school shooting reported to have been court-ordered to be on Prozac along with several other medications.
    • Kevin Rider, age 14, was withdrawing from Prozac when he died from a gunshot wound to his head. Initially it was ruled a suicide, but two years later, the investigation into his death was opened as a possible homicide. The prime suspect, also age 14, had been taking Zoloft and other SSRI antidepressants.
    • Alex Kim, age 13, hung himself shortly after his Lexapro prescription had been doubled.
    • Diane Routhier was prescribed Welbutrin for gallstone problems. Six days later, after suffering many adverse effects of the drug, she shot herself.
    • Billy Willkomm, an accomplished wrestler and a University of Florida student, was prescribed Prozac at the age of 17. His family found him dead of suicide – hanging from a tall ladder at the family's Gulf Shore Boulevard home in July 2002.
    • Kara Jaye Anne Fuller-Otter, age 12, was on Paxil when she hung herself from a hook in her closet. Kara's parents said “…. the damn doctor wouldn't take her off it and I asked him to when we went in on the second visit. I told him I thought she was having some sort of reaction to Paxil…”)
    • Gareth Christian, Vancouver, age 18, was on Paxil when he committed suicide in 2002,
    • (Gareth's father could not accept his son's death and killed himself.)
    • Julie Woodward, age 17, was on Zoloft when she hung herself in her family's detached garage.
    • Matthew Miller was 13 when he saw a psychiatrist because he was having difficulty at school. The psychiatrist gave him samples of Zoloft. Seven days later his mother found him dead, hanging by a belt from a laundry hook in his closet.
    • Kurt Danysh, age 18, and on Prozac, killed his father with a shotgun. He is now behind prison bars, and writes letters, trying to warn the world that SSRI drugs can kill.
    • Woody ____, age 37, committed suicide while in his 5th week of taking Zoloft. Shortly before his death his physician suggested doubling the dose of the drug. He had seen his physician only for insomnia. He had never been depressed, nor did he have any history of any mental illness symptoms.
    • A boy from Houston, age 10, shot and killed his father after his Prozac dosage was increased.
    • Hammad Memon, age 15, shot and killed a fellow middle school student. He had been diagnosed with ADHD and depression and was taking Zoloft and “other drugs for the conditions.”
    • Matti Saari, a 22-year-old culinary student, shot and killed 9 students and a teacher, and wounded another student, before killing himself. Saari was taking an SSRI and a benzodiazapine.
    • Steven Kazmierczak, age 27, shot and killed five people and wounded 21 others before killing himself in a Northern Illinois University auditorium. According to his girlfriend, he had recently been taking Prozac, Xanax and Ambien. Toxicology results showed that he still had trace amounts of Xanax in his system.
    • Finnish gunman Pekka-Eric Auvinen, age 18, had been taking antidepressants before he killed eight people and wounded a dozen more at Jokela High School – then he committed suicide.
    • Asa Coon from Cleveland, age 14, shot and wounded four before taking his own life. Court records show Coon was on Trazodone.
    • Jon Romano, age 16, on medication for depression, fired a shotgun at a teacher in his New York high school.
    Every school shooter has been screwed up on psychiatric drugs, shouldn't it be the unmedicated kids who "slipped through the cracks" doing this ?

Shoulden't it be the reverse where every school shooter was untreated ?

And back to this,

One would also expect that altruistic-sounding NAMI would also provide patients with factual information about alternatives to the pharmaceutical industries unaffordable, poorly-tested, non-curative and sometimes lethal drugs – such as the many effective non-drug treatments that can be curative, affordable, non-addictive, non-harmful, such as talk- and brain-nutrient therapies. But they don’t.

Please explain that.

19. soulcompromise

so you don't comprehend that these people need their medications and likely went off them causing a psychotic episode? please. Correlation is not causation; at all!

TheGreatShoeScam likes this.
  20. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Maybe if you looked outside the box of NAMI pharmaceutical marketing propaganda YOU could comprehend how they make and keep you sick.

Supersensitivity psychosis is a recognized complication of long-term antipsychotic treatment, in which patients develop new or reemergent psychotic symptoms, generally accompanied by dyskinetic movements, due to prolonged dopamine receptor blockade and resultant supersensitivity.

Antipsychotic-Induced Dopamine Supersensitivity Psychosis: Pharmacology, Criteria, and Therapy

So when people try and quit the drugs they get these withdrawals that that stupid clinicians claim are "the symptoms returning" then use it proof the person "needs" to be drugged.

Idiots who get their "education" from NAMI and the drug reps

Think of alcohol, at first it calms the nerves but then drink it all day every day alcoholic style and abruptly quit and its total nervouse system malfunction, Delirium tremens (DTs) but unlike with the psychiatric drugs no one says the person needs more alcohol even if they drank some it would temporarily relieve the symptoms.

Opiates and benzos the same thing. Take it away the person gets sick and feels crazy give them more they return to normal.

So you partially had it right "went off them causing a psychotic episode" that is what happens but the cause is a withdrawal reaction but they miss label that reaction label the so called illness coming back. That is how they keep people sick and a costumer for life.

NAMI IS A FRONT for the pharmaceutical industry, that's why they don't mention this. They want as many people as possible buying their sponsors products.

Anyway,

Please explain that.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019